PDA

View Full Version : Nobody reads those blogs anyway....right Maureen

JustRalph
05-17-2009, 07:58 PM
http://hotair.com/archives/2009/05/17/wow-maureen-dowd-plagiarizes-lefty-blogger/

Maureen Dowd Plagiarizes a blog............you know, one of those things that Liberal Writers say they never read?

More and more the timeline is raising the question of why, if the torture was to prevent terrorist attacks, it seemed to happen mainly during the period when we were looking for what was essentially political information to justify the invasion of Iraq.

And Dowd, today:

More and more the timeline is raising the question of why, if the torture was to prevent terrorist attacks, it seemed to happen mainly during the period when the Bush crowd was looking for what was essentially political information to justify the invasion of Iraq.

More at the link

Saratoga_Mike
05-17-2009, 08:20 PM
http://hotair.com/archives/2009/05/17/wow-maureen-dowd-plagiarizes-lefty-blogger/

Maureen Dowd Plagiarizes a blog............you know, one of those things that Liberal Writers say they never read?

More and more the timeline is raising the question of why, if the torture was to prevent terrorist attacks, it seemed to happen mainly during the period when we were looking for what was essentially political information to justify the invasion of Iraq.

And Dowd, today:

More and more the timeline is raising the question of why, if the torture was to prevent terrorist attacks, it seemed to happen mainly during the period when the Bush crowd was looking for what was essentially political information to justify the invasion of Iraq.

More at the link

"I got it from a friend" - classic. I don't think plagiarism is soley the province of left-wingers, though.

ArlJim78
05-17-2009, 08:29 PM
"I got it from a friend" - classic. I don't think plagiarism is soley the province of left-wingers, though.
any examples of right wing plagiarism come to mind?

Saratoga_Mike
05-17-2009, 08:34 PM
any examples of right wing plagiarism come to mind?

Anne Coulter to start...."updated 1:26 p.m. ET, Mon., July 10, 2006
NEW YORK - The syndicator of Ann Coulter’s newspaper column is looking into allegations that the right-wing pundit has lifted material from other sources.

“We are reviewing the material and expect to have a response some time next week,” Kathie Kerr, a spokeswoman for Universal Press Syndicate, told The Associated Press on Friday.

The New York Post and the Web sites Raw Story and the Rude Pundit have raised numerous questions about Coulter’s columns, which appear in more than 100 newspapers, and her best-selling “Godless,” already notorious for the author’s calling four 9/11 widows, who supported Democrat John Kerry for president in 2004, “harpies” thriving on their husbands’ demise"

ArlJim78
05-17-2009, 08:42 PM
Anne Coulter to start...."updated 1:26 p.m. ET, Mon., July 10, 2006
NEW YORK - The syndicator of Ann Coulter’s newspaper column is looking into allegations that the right-wing pundit has lifted material from other sources.

“We are reviewing the material and expect to have a response some time next week,” Kathie Kerr, a spokeswoman for Universal Press Syndicate, told The Associated Press on Friday.

The New York Post and the Web sites Raw Story and the Rude Pundit have raised numerous questions about Coulter’s columns, which appear in more than 100 newspapers, and her best-selling “Godless,” already notorious for the author’s calling four 9/11 widows, who supported Democrat John Kerry for president in 2004, “harpies” thriving on their husbands’ demise"

wow that's heavy. In the first case they're looking in to allegations in 2006.
how did that one turn out?

In the other she called some women "harpies". this is plagiarism?

ArlJim78
05-17-2009, 08:46 PM
nevermind, I answered my own question.

even Daily Kos (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2006/7/7/11290/58796)thought the plagiarism charges against Coulter were overblown.

Saratoga_Mike
05-17-2009, 08:56 PM
wow that's heavy. In the first case they're looking in to allegations in 2006.
how did that one turn out?

In the other she called some women "harpies". this is plagiarism?

The term "harpie" was background information in the article and had nothing to do with the allegation. The allegations were similar to the Dowd case, lifted sentences and thought patterns. You view the Dowd case as an open and shut case, I'm sure. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I think we have a double-standard problem here. As for me, I know you think I'm a leftie. Not really - I think Reagan was a great president (should have done a better job on spending, but disinflation was underestimated, which resulted in outsized COLAs and I can't blame him for that) and I'm a huge Calvin Coolidge fan. If you've never read up on Coolidge, I think you should (there's a reason Reagan kept a picture of Coolidge on the wall). I think Scalia's a great justice, and I thought Kelo v. New Haven (eminent domain) was one of the most outrageous decisions ever handed down by the Supreme Court.