PDA

View Full Version : Okay, what has he done so far?

cj
05-17-2009, 04:17 PM
Seriously, I haven't paid much attention. Any major accomplishments from President Obama? Any disasters? I'm tired of hearing about his NCAA bracket, his new dog, or taking kids to a soccer game. What has he done for the USA?

Grits
05-17-2009, 04:53 PM
Seriously, I haven't paid much attention. Any major accomplishments from President Obama? Any disasters? I'm tired of hearing about his NCAA bracket, his new dog, or taking kids to a soccer game. What has he done for the USA?

CJ, bud, are you under a tornado warning, there, in Oklahoma? What on earth, otherwise, are you doing in the basement?:lol: I thought you steered clear of such conversations.

boxcar
05-17-2009, 06:58 PM

The better question is what has he done TO the USA -- not "for"?

Boxcar

JustRalph
05-17-2009, 07:14 PM

He spent every damn dime this country has for the next 3 generations

that's all.............

Marshall Bennett
05-17-2009, 07:22 PM
I never thought he could do this much damage in 8 years , let alone 5 months .

ArlJim78
05-17-2009, 07:27 PM

that's all.............
and then gave a speech saying that we can't live on debt anymore, that we must be savers.:eek:

cj's dad
05-17-2009, 07:35 PM
Shame on the University of Notre Dame for inviting this late term abortion supporter to give a speech at the commencement exercise and then to give this dope an honorary degree -

Shame - Shame - Shame on you Notre Dame !!!

Tom
05-17-2009, 07:36 PM
Yes, the moron threw himself under the bus!

Oh, and he destroyed GM and Chrysler and screwed tens of thousands of people working for car dealerships, not mention destroyed the dealerships.

MY theory, and bookmark this page, his ultimate goal is to put enough small businesses out of business and then come back and hand out new ones to his community organizers - unions, ACORN, contributors, etc. You know, spread the wealth around.

No one could be as totally stupid as he has been acting. He has a MASTER PLAN.

Saratoga_Mike
05-17-2009, 07:37 PM

that's all.............

As opposed to the fiscal conservatism of GWB? Compare the first six yrs of spending at the Dept of Education, for example, under GWB vs Clinton. Of course the last president who effectively reduced taxes and spending was Calvin Coolidge, one of my favorite presidents actually. Imagine a fiscal conservative hailing from Vermont.

Marshall Bennett
05-17-2009, 07:40 PM
Shame on the University of Notre Dame for inviting this late term abortion supporter to give a speech at the commencement exercise and then to give this dope an honorary degree -

Shame - Shame - Shame on you Notre Dame !!!
:lol: good one :lol:

Saratoga_Mike
05-17-2009, 07:41 PM
Yes, the moron threw himself under the bus!

Oh, and he destroyed GM and Chrysler and screwed tens of thousands of people working for car dealerships, not mention destroyed the dealerships.

MY theory, and bookmark this page, his ultimate goal is to put enough small businesses out of business and then come back and hand out new ones to his community organizers - unions, ACORN, contributors, etc. You know, spread the wealth around.

No one could be as totally stupid as he has been acting. He has a MASTER PLAN.

How did Obama destroy GM and Chrylser in less than 4 months? I thought it was years of horrible mismanagement and union largess, but perhaps it was Obama. Closing the dealerships? Look at the dealership footprint of Toyota compared to GM. General Motors has too many dealerships. In the free market, not all dealers will prosper.

JustRalph
05-17-2009, 07:50 PM
As opposed to the fiscal conservatism of GWB? Compare the first six yrs of spending at the Dept of Education, for example, under GWB vs Clinton. Of course the last president who effectively reduced taxes and spending was Calvin Coolidge, one of my favorite presidents actually. Imagine a fiscal conservative hailing from Vermont.

Porkulus spends 3 times what Bush spent in 8 years.............. how can you even compare the two? and we aren't counting the interest yet

JustRalph
05-17-2009, 07:51 PM
How did Obama destroy GM and Chrylser in less than 4 months? I thought it was years of horrible mismanagement and union largess, but perhaps it was Obama. Closing the dealerships? Look at the dealership footprint of Toyota compared to GM. General Motors has too many dealerships. In the free market, not all dealers will prosper.

In a Free Market Obama keeps his hands out of all of this shit,,,,,,,,,,,,you know.........like he is supposed to.............?

Saratoga_Mike
05-17-2009, 07:54 PM
Porkulus spends 3 times what Bush spent in 8 years.............. how can you even compare the two? and we aren't counting the interest yet

Because your statement is simply factually incorrect. Do you know what total spending was under GWB for 8 yrs? Are you actually suggesting Obama & Co. have already exceeded that amount? Absurd.

Saratoga_Mike
05-17-2009, 07:56 PM
In a Free Market Obama keeps his hands out of all of this shit,,,,,,,,,,,,you know.........like he is supposed to.............?

Were you just as critical of Bush and Paulson last fall? If you were, I applaud your consistency. Personally I think both men are deeply flawed. Like I said, give me Calvin Coolidge any day.

cj's dad
05-17-2009, 08:01 PM

Chrysler, Gm and other businesses that cannot succeed have options which include bankruptcy protection. If they fail, we buy our cars from Ford, Toyota, Honda etc.... who will then get stronger and expand. Who the hell is BO to inject billions of taxpayer $$$ into failing businesses?? Could he be paying back union support? I think yes, which proves he is no different than GWB or anybody who came before him. He is a puppet whose strings are manipulated by those who contributed to his campaign, as are all other politicos.

Saratoga_Mike
05-17-2009, 08:05 PM

Let me answer my own question: $19.141 trillion in spending over 8 yrs under GWB (Source: OMB)*

*Note I'm using FY01 to FY08; you could argue we should use FY02 to FY09, but that makes Bush look worse, with spending totaling $20.264 trillion. Also, please note the numbers for FY08 and FY09 are still estimates - FY09 b/c it isn't over and FY08 b/c the govt's incompetent.

Saratoga_Mike
05-17-2009, 08:06 PM
Chrysler, Gm and other businesses that cannot succeed have options which include bankruptcy protection. If they fail, we buy our cars from Ford, Toyota, Honda etc.... who will then get stronger and expand. Who the hell is BO to inject billions of taxpayer $$$ into failing businesses?? Could he be paying back union support? I think yes, which proves he is no different than GWB or anybody who came before him. He is a puppet whose strings are manipulated by those who contributed to his campaign, as are all other politicos.

You, sir, are consistent.

ArlJim78
05-17-2009, 08:25 PM
http://www.heritage.org/Research/Budget/images/b2249_chart1.jpg

Saratoga_Mike
05-17-2009, 08:27 PM

And 3x $19.1 trillion (Bush's spending total over 8 yrs) equals what? That was the assertion.

ArlJim78
05-17-2009, 08:31 PM
And 3x $19.1 trillion (Bush's spending total over 8 yrs) equals what? That was the assertion.
what assertion? I'm giving an example of what Obama has accomplished so far.

Saratoga_Mike
05-17-2009, 08:37 PM
what assertion? I'm giving an example of what Obama has accomplished so far.

Sorry, JustRalph asserted: "Porkulus spends 3 times what Bush spent in 8 years." I thought you were providing supporting evidence for that claim. Sorry for the confusion.

Warren Henry
05-17-2009, 09:19 PM
General Motors has too many dealerships. In the free market, not all dealers will prosper.

It is not exactly free market when the government dictates the terms.

Saratoga_Mike
05-17-2009, 09:32 PM

If a company comes to the govt for a handout, the govt should have a say. If the govt isn't providing financing or guarantees for a company, then the govt has NO business dictating terms.

Saratoga_Mike
05-17-2009, 09:33 PM

In any case, GM has wanted to close a large portion of its dealership network for the past few yrs.

Tom
05-17-2009, 09:44 PM
The dealers are independent of GM and Chrysler - they are not cost centers.
They are JOBS lost -for no reason. If the free market were to function, as you suggest, they would close when they stopped making money, not some dork fro DC tells them to. The dealers buy 90% of the cars.....so to increase sales, you cut off customers and cut your advertising budgets. Brilliant!

Snag
05-17-2009, 10:01 PM
How did Obama destroy GM and Chrylser in less than 4 months?.

S_M, the question is why not how.

BO gave Chrysler to the union bosses.
BO fired the head of GM.

Once the truth is really known to WHY he did these things, then we will be able to look back on the how question and understand better.

There are many of us that think we know why he did what he did.

Saratoga_Mike
05-17-2009, 10:03 PM
The dealers are independent of GM and Chrysler - they are not cost centers.
They are JOBS lost -for no reason. If the free market were to function, as you suggest, they would close when they stopped making money, not some dork fro DC tells them to. The dealers buy 90% of the cars.....so to increase sales, you cut off customers and cut your advertising budgets. Brilliant!

Factually incorrect. In essence, the dealers have franschise agreements in place with GM.

Saratoga_Mike
05-17-2009, 10:09 PM
S_M, the question is why not how.

BO gave Chrysler to the union bosses.
BO fired the head of GM.

Once the truth is really known to WHY he did these things, then we will be able to look back on the how question and understand better.

There are many of us that think we know why he did what he did.

So the question is "why" did O destroy GM and Chrysler, not "how" did he do it? In either case, the supposition is that O destroyed both companies. That's just laughable. Go to sec.gov. Pull up the 10-K for GM. Now tell me how O destroyed the company over the past 4 months. Simply laughable. What did in GM? Inept sr mgt, unions living in denial and adroit foreign competition exploiting numbers one and two.

Valuist
05-17-2009, 10:10 PM
It was said earlier that Obama destroyed GM and Chrysler. No matter what one thinks of his views, GM and Chrysler destroyed themselves. End of story. Fact of the matter is, we should NEVER have bailed Chrysler out. It took nearly 30 years but we're seeing what a lousy decision the previous bailout was.

Saratoga_Mike
05-17-2009, 10:14 PM
It was said earlier that Obama destroyed GM and Chrysler. No matter what one thinks of his views, GM and Chrysler destroyed themselves. End of story. Fact of the matter is, we should NEVER have bailed Chrysler out. It took nearly 30 years but we're seeing what a lousy decision the previous bailout was.

Sanity - finally.

exactaplayer
05-17-2009, 10:15 PM
Who was more upset ?
The lady in a Volkswagon with a bumper sticker "No farm No food".
Or the guy next to her in a Chevrolet eating a Fugi apple ?
And, we have been subsidizing farmers forever.

Tom
05-17-2009, 10:34 PM
Factually incorrect. In essence, the dealers have franschise agreements in place with GM.

They are not cost centers. They are customers.
How much money does GM save by cutting them loose?
How much in sales do they lose out on?

Snag
05-17-2009, 10:37 PM
So the question is "why" did O destroy GM and Chrysler, not "how" did he do it? In either case, the supposition is that O destroyed both companies. That's just laughable. Go to sec.gov. Pull up the 10-K for GM. Now tell me how O destroyed the company over the past 4 months. Simply laughable. What did in GM? Inept sr mgt, unions living in denial and adroit foreign competition exploiting numbers one and two.

S_M, the companies did themselves in for a number of reasons. Left to their own, they would have gone out of business because the financials would not support them on a go forward basis.

Now, BO steps in and starts fiddling with management and equity positions. Yes, BO destroyed them as we know them. The question is, what will happen to them now that BO has given one company away to the unions and taken over the management of the other.

Tom
05-17-2009, 10:42 PM

Exactly, and he is the Moron Messiah who bailed them out.
He should have kept his stupid hands off and allowed the bankruptcy laws to take over. At least they would have had a chance without the dopes from DC getting involved. That is what is laughable. Now we have doomed companies taking down billions of our money with them. The reason he did it is obvious - he was protecting the UAW for their support. No other reason.

Anyone not seeing that is laughable.

Thanks, President Dippy Sitty. Who's next, Doodles?

Saratoga_Mike
05-17-2009, 10:46 PM
They are not cost centers. They are customers.
How much money does GM save by cutting them loose?
How much in sales do they lose out on?

You're right - Obama just wants to needlessly destroy jobs at these dealerships. GM hasn't been trying to rationalize the dealer network for the last few yrs. They haven't been blocked by state laws which make it very difficult to sever relationships with dealers. Obama has determined if more people are out of work, the Dems will do better in the midterms. In the normal bankruptcy process, none of this would have happened. Right. It's all very logical.

Wait, who finances the cars on the lots for the first 30 to 90 days? Wait, do I want five weak GM dealers in a three mile radius competing against that strong Toyota dealer or one or two strong GM dealers competing against said Toyota dealer? Wait, do I want to deal with 6,000 dealers, or perhaps a leaner operation like Toyota?

RaceBookJoe
05-18-2009, 01:20 PM
I'm surprised no one mentioned $300K for a picture of AF1 over the Statue of Liberty....i am pretty sure someone on this site could have photoshopped a passable image and only charged $100k. :bang:

46zilzal
05-18-2009, 01:34 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom
05-18-2009, 02:41 PM
You find tens of thousands of people losing their jobs funny?
How sick.

Marshall Bennett
05-18-2009, 03:58 PM
I thought he was simply using the emoticons to check and see if he was still able to post here .

cj's dad
05-18-2009, 04:22 PM
You, sir, are consistent.

I don't know if you are being sarcastic or not, but since I have had my eyes opened about 30 years ago, I believe that all politicians are political whores - some to a greater or lesser degree but all pretty much the same.

ArlJim78
05-18-2009, 05:55 PM
I thought he was simply using the emoticons to check and see if he was still able to post here .

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rookies
05-18-2009, 06:04 PM
I don't know if you are being sarcastic or not, but since I have had my eyes opened about 30 years ago, I believe that all politicians are political whores - some to a greater or lesser degree but all pretty much the same.

There are some exceptions, but sadly this appears to be the case- universally and completely independent of political lines. e.g. Adherents of the strongly right wing Reform Party of Canada, with beliefs in limiting the power of the central government vowed to not accept bonus $$$$ and pay increases. Upon election, they quietly starting sucking up as much as any member.

It is like going into a parallel world. You start off by declaring that you will: " Serve the People". Quickly, with the perks and perps circling daily, you realize that you need a boatload of $$$$ to get to the next election. So, you collect TWO... THREEE... FOUR... boatloads and soon you're only serving ONE - YOU !

JustRalph
05-18-2009, 11:45 PM
The Dealership jobs are not UAW jobs..............

end of story

Lefty
05-19-2009, 12:32 AM
JR, you nailed it. Dead solid.

Saratoga_Mike
05-21-2009, 10:56 PM

I was not being sarcastic.

riskman
05-22-2009, 12:53 AM

Also the feds are already in the insurance business – big time. The U.S. government owns 80% of AIG. And we’ve seen what a great success they’re making of it. And they’ve been in the passenger train business for a long time too. Amtrak has a franchise on what should be one of the most lucrative traffic corridors in the world – from Boston to Washington, DC. Somehow, the company keeps losing money.

But now the feds are taking over autos too. Rick Wagoner was forced out of GM so that Obama can put his own man behind the wheel.

Said Obama: “It is my hope that the steps I am announcing today will go a long way toward answering many of the questions people may have about the future of GM and Chrysler. But just in case there are still nagging doubts, let me say it as plainly as I can – if you buy a car from Chrysler or General Motors, you will be able to get your car serviced and repaired, just like always. Your warranty will be safe. In fact, it will be safer than it’s ever been. Because starting today, the United States government will stand behind your warranty.”

How about that guarantee? Five years…fifty thousand miles…or until the Feds run out of money – whichever comes first. :bang:

cj's dad
05-22-2009, 10:23 AM
Barack Obama quote: "if you buy a car from Chrysler or General Motors, you will be able to get your car serviced and repaired, just like always. Your warranty will be safe. In fact, it will be safer than it’s ever been. Because starting today, the United States government will stand behind your warranty.”

Sounds like the owner of a dealership standing in his overcrowded parking lot pitching his bloated inventory.

Why didn't BO add;

Bad credit ? no credit ? we'll work to put you behind the wheel today. wait, that's us - cut,cut,cut ....