PDA

View Full Version : A SARATOGA SUMMER FANTASY

rjorio
05-17-2009, 04:00 PM
I had a dream. On August 8th Rachel Alexandra raced in the Grade 1 Whitney defeating fillies and mares. She then returns August 29th in the Travers for another victory. Unlikely,but hey it's my dream,a Saratoga Summer fantasy.But first on to Belmont.

Spendabuck85
05-17-2009, 04:03 PM
I had a dream. On August 8th Rachel Alexandra raced in the Grade 1 Whitney defeating fillies and mares. She then returns August 29th in the Travers for another victory. Unlikely,but hey it's my dream,a Saratoga Summer fantasy.But first on to Belmont.

The Whitney is not restricted to just Fillies and Mares.

thespaah
05-17-2009, 04:05 PM
I had a dream. On August 8th Rachel Alexandra raced in the Grade 1 Whitney defeating fillies and mares. She then returns August 29th in the Travers for another victory. Unlikely,but hey it's my dream,a Saratoga Summer fantasy.But first on to Belmont.WOW!!!
I wonder if her conections will even bring her to NY.
Her owner said very plainly in the post race inteviews that he wants "Rachel" to be known as not only a champion filly but as a champion race horse.
That leads me to believe the filly will be knocking heads against the best 3yo's.

Saratoga_Mike
05-17-2009, 04:06 PM

You were dreaming about her winning the Go for Wand, then the Travers.

thespaah
05-17-2009, 04:06 PM
The Whitney is not restricted to just Fillies and Mares.
That would be an OOPS!

sonnyp
05-17-2009, 04:07 PM

geeez !!! i m not looking to offend. the whitney is for older handicap horses.

im glad you were dreaming, cause in reality, this would be insanity. (IMHO)

cj
05-17-2009, 04:13 PM

Wow, my Saratoga summer fantasy would probably not involve horses at all. :)

toussaud
05-17-2009, 04:35 PM
speaking of toga.. this year's travers could be the best in years if it shapes up right.

sonnyp
05-17-2009, 05:32 PM
speaking of toga.. this year's travers could be the best in years if it shapes up right.

look at the one's that have fallen :
pamplemouse
i want revenge
quality road
old fashioned

unfortunately, only quality road has a shot to be there from this list.