PDA

View Full Version : Are you affected by these times?

pktruckdriver
05-17-2009, 02:24 PM
Are you being affected by these times, or are you prepared for the tough times ahead, if there are tough times coming, that is.

Advice for those laid-off or having difficulty now, what would you suggest for them to do, Mid-life is a tough time to change carreers, impossible , no of course not, Me being and independent sort, as well as HS educated may find it diffucult to play office politics, or such, but running the Bait Shop down at the Marina in South Florida somewhere, now that sounds doable, or Driving older Horses around after learning the proper handling of them from some rescue agency, finding something that provides some sense of joy in what I would do next, but let me stop this now before it becomes all about me, sorry I do get carried away.

jballscalls
05-17-2009, 02:30 PM
i think everyone is effected somehow, some positively, probably most negatively.

I know for me, i'm still trying to sell a condo in cincinnati that isnt selling or probably going to sell anytime soon, even though its an awesome place. and even if it does sell i'm going to take a bath on it.

But thats the world we live in, gotta buck up!

robert99
05-17-2009, 04:01 PM
It is always easier to make the change when you are actually right out of work.
Working for the man can be a dead end but working to help others and with some independence and security is rewarding in itself. With your driving skills and good nature the lightbulb that came on for me was to suggest training as an ambulance paramedic or something along those lines.

http://www.learn4good.com/great_technical_colleges/usa_california_career_education_schools.htm

Tom
05-17-2009, 07:32 PM
Two words.

Gun runner.

Help us help others. :D

dav4463
05-18-2009, 02:38 AM
If you have never had a real career; it's not hard to change in mid-life! :D

Tom
05-18-2009, 10:13 AM
How come those who live off of us aren't having to make a shared sacrifice?
Some of them have not worked for so long, they don't remember what line of work they are out of.

pktruckdriver
05-18-2009, 10:38 AM
Tom

Gun Runner, Bank Robber, Drug dealer, they are now all regulated by the Government, and I will not work for them Government, any other suggestions.

It seems that welfare may be a new career, but working is something that I may find hard not to do, as I been working for a longtime now, but due to lack of planning and such , i have not gotten anywhere, who's fault, my own, but I have not gone hungry, and have not been a burden on the system, I pay my share of taxes, maybe more being a truck driver, definetly more at the toll plaza's good God , cars 3.00 , trucks 35.00, or more will it never end?

Be nice if things turn around soon, but will all know that is not to happen anytime soon, what happens when the unemployment runs out on all those unemployed workers, then what happens, are there jobs for them, we will see.

Patrick