_________
David-LV

812crew
05-17-2009, 04:01 AM
Hats off to NBC for a job well done with todays Preakness coverage. :13:

Excellent views of the race.

_________
David-LV

I enjoyed it as well. I thought the MTB story that kicked things off was really well produced and kept me interested even though I've heard the information presented a million times before today. I enjoyed Durkin's call as well. Much better than the Derby!

Marshall Bennett
05-17-2009, 09:26 AM
I thought it was a job well done myself . ABC's interview with Calvin Borel this morning however was a joke . I don't beleive Kate Snow knows the front end of a horse from the rearend . Her questions even had Calvin at a loss for words for the most part . If your going to conduct an interview , at least get someone that at least half-way knows something about horseracing .

DanG
05-17-2009, 09:45 AM
Good point David,

Tremendous broadcast start to finish and Durkin’s call was excellent. Win-win for our game yesterday. :ThmbUp:

Tom
05-17-2009, 12:56 PM
I have tried, really tried hard, to find fault with their coverage, but even I have to say it was very good.:ThmbUp:

Now, let's hope Animal Planet was taping Mike taking Chantel's mount!
But with AP's track record, they might have Smith WINNING the race!:bang:

bishlap
05-17-2009, 01:32 PM
...and, Donna Brothers, whom I usually don't like was excellent w/ her questions after the race

big frank
05-17-2009, 11:03 PM
A+ coverage ! I cant find any Durkin bashers today.. Another great call by the best in the biz Mr Tom Durkin !

Bettowin
05-18-2009, 12:48 PM
I have tried, really tried hard, to find fault with their coverage, but even I have to say it was very good.:ThmbUp:

Did anyone interview Chantal? I didn't see it if they did and it would have added more to the Smith on MTB angle since she rode MTB and is living with Mike. I'll bet more than 1/2 the TV audience doesn't know who she is and it wouldn't have hurt to a face with the name:)

joanied
05-18-2009, 02:43 PM
This is the first time I've had a chance to get over here...and I agree with everyone...NBC did a top notch job on the Preakness coverage:ThmbUp: ...every story they did was compelling and very well done...camera work for the race was very good...hell, it was just a really good job...and Durkin did good.
I think NBC is finally getting the hang of it...and I was much releived they didn't spend as much time on the odds and betting angles as they usually do...I think it puits the casual viewer to sleep...air time during a big race show like this needs to be devoted to the story lines.
NBC:ThmbUp:

samyn on the green
05-18-2009, 05:00 PM
Stop it Tom, Not five minutes after you posted this a significant Earthquake hit California. If you keep this positive spin thing up we could be hit with flying pigs regularly and other huge cataclysmic events will be triggered, such as tsunamis and underground freezing I have tried, really tried hard, to find fault with their coverage, but even I have to say it was very good.:ThmbUp:

cj's dad
05-18-2009, 05:08 PM
No "Hammerin Hank Goldberg" to deal with !!

joanied
05-18-2009, 05:59 PM
No "Hammerin Hank Goldberg" to deal with !!

Yeah:jump: ...where was ol' Hanky and his piggy:D

cj's dad
05-18-2009, 06:07 PM
Overall on track attendance down 38,000 and the overall attendance was down 31% - yet the handle was up !

The media here is reporting a handle increase of $12-13 million. I have to believe that is gross from all outlets - that's nearly an impossible on track jump.

Imriledup
05-18-2009, 06:36 PM
I was listening to some hack on the radio after the Preakness and before he went to commercial he says, "stay tuned, after the break i have a guy who has forgotten more about horse racing than you or i will ever know" and i'm thinking, "that's pretty funny, who does he have on, Dan G from PA?"

Needless to say that i laughed to myself when the expert was revealed to be none other than the Hammer.

Got a good laugh out of that one. :lol:

BeatTheChalk
05-18-2009, 09:31 PM
Hats off to NBC for a job well done with todays Preakness coverage. :13:

Excellent views of the race.

_________
David-LV

Yes I agree. However -- one more thing --
ISOLATED CAMERA !! Everyone on the Planet KNEW
that The BIRD would be dead last ...work his way
through the pack - Make his move around the far
turn and put in a Big Run through the Stretch.

Ergo **** I S O L A T E D C A M E R A * * *

Derbyman32
05-18-2009, 09:50 PM
Yes I agree. However -- one more thing --
ISOLATED CAMERA !! Everyone on the Planet KNEW
that The BIRD would be dead last ...work his way
through the pack - Make his move around the far
turn and put in a Big Run through the Stretch.

Ergo **** I S O L A T E D C A M E R A * * *

Hmm, I never even thought about that but you are right an isolated camera should have been used based on his style of running. How could NBC not thought about that. They missed an opportunity there for great coverage. We knew RA would be on or near the lead and the camera would show her complete race but not MTB's.

OverlayHunter
05-19-2009, 08:16 PM
I've been to the NBC Sports site and it has a lot of clips but I it was impossible for me to watch the actual pre-race broadcast on Saturday. Does anyone know if it is possible to watch somewhere now?

BeatTheChalk
05-19-2009, 09:34 PM
Hmm, I never even thought about that but you are right an isolated camera should have been used based on his style of running. How could NBC not thought about that. They missed an opportunity there for great coverage. We knew RA would be on or near the lead and the camera would show her complete race but not MTB's.

Well thank you kindly! You are a person of great taste, charm, knowledge,
a Raconteur, gourmet, and a thinker worthy of awards at the highest levels.
And .. There are only a few of us still left. :ThmbUp: And finally this ...

The last time a filly won the Preakness was in 1924. 85 years ago:

The President at the time was Calvin Coolidge. 8 + 5 = 13

RA post position 13 Uno mas. Nellie Morse won that Preakness..

N = New M = Mexico And the owners of WTB have a Ranch in ..

New Mexico. ( Actually .. Roswell. )

ghostyapper
05-19-2009, 09:38 PM

They didn't show it during the telecast but they have an iso cam of MTB's whole race on nbcsports.com

Derbyman32
05-19-2009, 10:13 PM
They didn't show it during the telecast but they have an iso cam of MTB's whole race on nbcsports.com

Thank you so much ghost, I really wanted to see the that. :)

BeatTheChalk
05-20-2009, 12:28 AM
Thank you so much ghost, I really wanted to see the that. :)

WTG Ghost. Thanks a million :ThmbUp: