PDA

View Full Version : Triple Crown?

soupman2
05-16-2009, 09:43 PM
I'm a dopey newbie but is an Oaks-Preakness-Belmont winner a Triple Crown winner? Know it is not in the traditional sense, but I heard a couple of references that this was the first time that two horses were eligible to win the triple crown that were running in the Preakness.

Tom
05-16-2009, 09:50 PM
The only triple crown winner this year will be Calvin!:D

CincyHorseplayer
05-16-2009, 09:55 PM
I vote for Draynay as the triple crown winner!!

Oaklawn
05-16-2009, 10:26 PM
I'm a dopey newbie but is an Oaks-Preakness-Belmont winner a Triple Crown winner? Know it is not in the traditional sense, but I heard a couple of references that this was the first time that two horses were eligible to win the triple crown that were running in the Preakness.

Nah, that's kinda like Tiger Woods holding all 4 majors in reverse order, aka "Tigerslam." Most impressive, but is not viewed historically as the same.

dutchboy
05-16-2009, 10:38 PM
There has never been a triple crown for the races you mentioned. Just more made up silly comments by the silly broadcast teams.

DJofSD
05-16-2009, 11:01 PM
A Borel's Troika.

FenceBored
05-17-2009, 11:03 AM
Nah, that's kinda like Tiger Woods holding all 4 majors in reverse order, aka "Tigerslam." Most impressive, but is not viewed historically as the same.

The 'Tiger Slam' is a great analogy. :ThmbUp:

So would that make a RA Oaks-Preakness-Belmont be a "Rachel Crown?"