PDA

View Full Version : Has Any Jockey Won The TC On At Least Two Different Horses?

Cangamble
05-16-2009, 07:19 PM
This could be a first I would imagine. But there are still a few ifs. Will RA try a mile and a half, and if not, would MTB's connections entertain riding Borel in the Belmont?
Another question. Would MTB have won if Borel stuck with him and made RA take on a new jock? I think yes to that.

RaceBookJoe
05-16-2009, 07:26 PM
This could be a first I would imagine. But there are still a few ifs. Will RA try a mile and a half, and if not, would MTB's connections entertain riding Borel in the Belmont?
Another question. Would MTB have won if Borel stuck with him and made RA take on a new jock? I think yes to that.

What if Borel rides a 3rd horse(meaning a horse other than RA or MTB) to victory in the Belmont....does he get a Jockey Triple Crown? rbj

Cangamble
05-16-2009, 07:28 PM
I have no idea what I was thinking when I titled the thread TP instead of TC.

PaceAdvantage
05-16-2009, 07:29 PM
I fixed it for ya...

Cangamble
05-16-2009, 07:33 PM
I fixed it for ya...
Thank you. I was going to spell out Triple Crown, but I didn't want the title to be too long.
I wonder if I'm missing Turf Paradise or Turfway Park and my subconscious just let me know.

kenwoodallpromos
05-16-2009, 08:17 PM
RA is the best 3 yr old, MTB best 3 yr old male, MM (my original pick for the YUM! Stakes) still perfect ITM. I'm rooting for Borel's horse to win the Belmont whichever horse he is on, because a TC jockey will be riding after all these are retired.
I think all of us and racing needs to examine the fact that the horses with the lowest dosage and best stamina pedigrees are winning the big ones. That could be the best thing happening in racing nowadays.
Let's make racing about stamina and the staying power- of the horses, jockeys, and trainers.

OFFandRUNNING10
05-16-2009, 08:31 PM
I believe Borel was the first jockey ever to switch horses after winning the derby

Cangamble
05-16-2009, 08:50 PM
Mine That Bird will be running for a long time barring injuries. He could be the best thing for racing since Cigar and Forego if he continues to improve.

cj's dad
05-16-2009, 08:52 PM
Musket man could be the 2nd horse ever to complete all 3 legs of the TC in 3rd place.

SmartyLane
05-16-2009, 09:02 PM
Musket man could be the 2nd horse ever to complete all 3 legs of the TC in 3rd place.

Unless he flops in the Belmont you might be right...........Sham would of been the last one I can think of that was runner-up in the first two........

fmhealth
05-16-2009, 11:57 PM
Three times the Derby winner has switched jockies before the Preakness. Only Bold Venture in 1936 emerged victorious.

Cangamble
05-17-2009, 09:15 AM
Three times the Derby winner has switched jockies before the Preakness. Only Bold Venture in 1936 emerged victorious.
I think the Bold Venture switch was made because he had an apprentice aboard in the Derby, had a troubled trip and still won. The outfit used George Woolf in the Preakness. He won that race, but bowed and retired.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bold_Venture_(horse)

Cat Thief
05-17-2009, 09:31 AM
Musket Man is not going in the Belmont, he is waiting for the Haskell

cj's dad
05-17-2009, 11:42 AM
Unless he flops in the Belmont you might be right...........Sham would of been the last one I can think of that was runner-up in the first two........

Mane Minister actually ran 3rd in all 3 legs of the TC

"Musket Man is not going in the Belmont, he is waiting for the Haskell"

Well, that settles that !!

Irish Boy
05-17-2009, 11:58 AM

Alydar was second in all three to Affirmed.