PDA

View Full Version : Mind That Bird

cmoore
05-16-2009, 06:47 PM
Congrats to Rachel Alexandra but,
Mind That Bird will win the Belmont easily. No doubt about. He had traffic problems in the Preakness and only lost by a length. Now Calvin might of stopped urging Rachel late, but Mind That Bird was gaining every stride..

Mike Smith tried to wait for a hole but got held up a little and it did cost him..
At 1 1/2 mile..No one will be able to hold off MIND THAT BIRD..

The Judge
05-16-2009, 06:56 PM
on who is in the Belmont remember without Big Drama Rachel is on an easy lead.

OTM Al
05-16-2009, 06:56 PM
If you are going to do multiple posts you can at least get his name right. Its MINE not MIND

Second, deep closers like him generally do worse the further the distance, so if he does run, I would expect another strong closing 2nd or 3rd place finish, just like deep closers tend to do all the time.

uncbossfan
05-16-2009, 06:57 PM
Congrats to Rachel Alexandra but,
Mind That Bird will win the Belmont easily. No doubt about. He had traffic problems in the Preakness and only lost by a length. Now Calvin might of stopped urging Rachel late, but Mind That Bird was gaining every stride..

Mike Smith tried to wait for a hole but got held up a little and it did cost him..
At 1 1/2 mile..No one will be able to hold off MIND THAT BIRD..

Sounds like a post from omebody 0/2 on the triple corwn betting trail... Rachel is a FREAK!

cmoore
05-16-2009, 07:00 PM
If you are going to do multiple posts you can at least get his name right. Its MINE not MIND

Second, deep closers like him generally do worse the further the distance, so if he does run, I would expect another strong closing 2nd or 3rd place finish, just like deep closers tend to do all the time.

My bad with the spelling..

JustRalph
05-16-2009, 07:01 PM
.......... longer races rarely help big closers............

They still only win at about 6% depending on the track. The distance being longer doesn't change the win percent hardly at all. I am talking on dirt here.

cmoore
05-16-2009, 07:02 PM
Sounds like a post from omebody 0/2 on the triple corwn betting trail... Rachel is a FREAK!

Actually I had bet an exacta 13/1,3,11....Didn't think Mine that Bird could repeat that great effort in the Derby..

uncbossfan
05-16-2009, 07:04 PM
Actually I had bet an exacta 13/1,3,11....Didn't think Mine that Bird could repeat that great effort in the Derby..

Well then I take my comment back as I did alsmost the same - minus Big Drama! :)

I still dont think he's best set for the Derby tho. neither is Rachel. A new shooter will win the Belmont IMO.

RaceBookJoe
05-16-2009, 07:15 PM
Well then I take my comment back as I did alsmost the same - minus Big Drama! :)

I still dont think he's best set for the Derby tho. neither is Rachel. A new shooter will win the Belmont IMO.

Maybe a new shooter, or a rested one who has already run a good race at Belmont....ala Birdstone. rbj

fmolf
05-16-2009, 08:04 PM
[/b]

Maybe a new shooter, or a rested one who has already run a good race at Belmont....ala Birdstone. rbj
perhaps regal ransom or desert party

JustRalph
05-16-2009, 08:15 PM
Somebody better look over their shoulder for Zito........

fmolf
05-16-2009, 08:23 PM
Somebody better look over their shoulder for Zito........
i thought lightning never strikes twice!

toetoe
05-17-2009, 03:27 PM
I think the horse can stay close at 12 f., provided the jockey has a brain; and don't forget his sire's ability at 12 f. :ThmbUp: .

I love this colt. :kiss: .