PDA

View Full Version : Rachel been beating up on nobodies...

CBedo
05-16-2009, 04:21 PM
but if you were pointing to the Preakness, wouldn't you rather have had her out for jaunt in her race two weeks ago, instead of a grueling stretch drive?

I agree that we just won't know how good she is until she races some competition, but the fact that she has been cruising might be better for her.

I was listening to an interview with D Wayne earlier and he said he thought her easy romps were a huge positive in prepping for this race.

He said for a filly to have a good shot, she needed to have 5 qualities:
1) be dominant in her division - check
2) have the pedigree to run this distance - check
3) have the boys not be super horses - check
4) have an easy/non grueling prep schedule - check

D Wayne said that if they don't push her early and let her get over near the rail..IT'S ALL OVER! He thinks she's that good.

toussaud
05-16-2009, 04:26 PM
but if you were pointing to the Preakness, wouldn't you rather have had her out for jaunt in her race two weeks ago, instead of a grueling stretch drive?

I agree that we just won't know how good she is until she races some competition, but the fact that she has been cruising might be better for her.

I was listening to an interview with D Wayne earlier and he said he thought her easy romps were a huge positive in prepping for this race.

He said for a filly to have a good shot, she needed to have 5 qualities:
1) be dominant in her division - check
2) have the pedigree to run this distance - check
3) have the boys not be super horses - check
4) have an easy/non grueling prep schedule - check

D Wayne said that if they don't push her early and let her get over near the rail..IT'S ALL OVER! He thinks she's that good.
that's 4 qualities

Rapid Grey
05-16-2009, 04:40 PM
I don't think RA needs the rail to win. Borel will surely ride her like he did in the Oaks, let the speed inside of him go early, stalk til the 2nd turn, let her out a notch and hopefully start opening daylight after turning for home.

Only way she gets beat imo is if he rushes her to the rail and gets pinned inside for a large part of the race.

CBedo
05-16-2009, 05:12 PM
that's 4 qualities
oops, I count like I bet:bang:

Tee
05-16-2009, 05:21 PM
5) High Cruising Speed :)

Derbyman32
05-16-2009, 05:27 PM
Rachel has a motor underneath her hood. Calvin will keep her out and away from trouble and when asked she should respond. With that motor she could pull away. I hope :)

CBedo
05-16-2009, 05:34 PM
5) High Cruising Speed :)
Thanks for the help. That was the fifth--being forwardly placed with tactical speed.

rrbauer
05-16-2009, 06:25 PM
And she did it again today. A bunch of nobodies with the New Mexico, wrong-side-of-the-tracks runner getting 2nd. Tells you about the breeding and auction game in this country. Pretty common.