PDA

View Full Version : Weather and Wind...

MrHotStuff
05-16-2009, 12:29 PM
I was just watching ESPN and they said the Cold Front might slow down enough to get the race in before it Rains. But I do see there is an 8 - 13 MPH Wind. Can someone tell me which way it is Blowing on the Track? A 15mph Head wind in their face going down the backstretch would be GREAT for some long Shots to get in the money. I think BD & RA would spend too much Energy running a 109.2 - 110.3 down the backstretch. When they turn for home, they would be in Trouble. I remember a preakness just like this years ago. Correct me if I am wrong, but i think it was Real Quite ?

And Since I won 1/2 the Exacta in the Derby. I will give you my picks. Worthless to most here, but I guess I deserve the right to List them...

Depending on the Wind... If it is on their backs helping the speed relax down the back stretch then I am in for the 1/13 on Top with 1/3/5/6/7/9/11/13 with ALL in Tri and 1/3/7/9/13 with All in the Exacta...

If there is a strong head wind down the backstretch. Then you can look for the closers to pick up some pieces and all horses except4/6/8/10/12 have a chance and will be on Many tickets. But mostly I would use a 3/All box, 7/All box, 9/ALL box, 13/All box figuring one of those 3 will finish in the Top 2 spots. Hopefully the longest Shot of the 3.

Did every one notice that the 3rd, 4th, 5th, place horses in the Derby were the Winners of 2 grade 2 and 1 grade 1 Races before the Derby. They all proved they were the best of the rest with the winner of the Wood memorial out of the race. Chocolate Candy finished well as did Summer bird. Validates POTN Santa Anita Win and Papa Clems Arkansas Win. Just some thought from a once a year player that is worthless to you pro's, and you probably laugh at this stuff :lol: Felt good winning 500.00 And if 3rd,4th or 5th, place horse had came in 2nd, i would have hit that too with 450.00 invested...

Good luck to Everyone... :ThmbUp: