PDA

View Full Version : Charlestown Stewards

menifee
05-15-2009, 10:26 PM
You got give me a freaking break. This track is incredible. Race 7 - 4/15. They take down the 3/5 shot. There was contact, but it did not cost the horse a placing. He was dying on the lead. The jockey way overreacted.

Saratoga_Mike
05-15-2009, 10:32 PM
You got give me a freaking break. This track is incredible. Race 7 - 4/15. They take down the 3/5 shot. There was contact, but it did not cost the horse a placing. He was dying on the lead. The jockey way overreacted.

Really close call, imo.

Cubbymac26
05-16-2009, 03:45 AM
Maybe somebody can explain to me what exactly is a jockeys hold at first 5 years ago I thought maybe it was an abbreaviation for "jockeys objection please hold all tickets" but it isn't it's so stupid.

Also there seems to be a jockeys hold every race

Now ct I guess over the last six months have added ae's where u look in the board and u see 12 betting interests but only 10 starters..... To be honest I think I saw like a month ago 14 horses eligable so in order for the 14 to get in there has to be 5 scratches in essence I didn't no Charlestown has a turf course which could validate that

Any opinions on these subjects..???

gemcity39
05-16-2009, 07:56 AM
The bullring is so small only 10 horses can run. CT used to have the AE's only in the form, and not in post position or saddlecloth order, as their simulcast $$ picked up they wanted to give bettors the "whole" picture sos to speak. AE's in WVA are given preference in numerical order as well.
No turf course, track to small and 2 huge electrical boxes are located in the infield.

Hope this helps with the questions.