PDA

View Full Version : who is andy sterling?

toussaud
05-15-2009, 04:41 PM
whowever he is he is making himself look like an idiiot on HRTV.

he says he is going to not play rachael becuase she was pointed towards the acorn and then being repointed in the preakness. Scott Hazelteon then asks him is he going to play against Mine that bird, beucase like racahel, was not going to race in the preakness but made a change of plans and he says no becuase that's different. yeah.

And Charitable man must be the slowest horse on earth to win the peter pan in 1:49 and change considering he said it's a mile and a 16th race and all.

ezgoerbaby79
05-15-2009, 04:50 PM
It's not Andy Sterling. It's Serling, and I agree with his point. Rachel Alexandra lost what, maybe 3-4 days of serious training for the Preakness because when she came out of the Oaks, she hadn't been sold and was NOT pointing for a race in 15 days. She's being rushed to this. On the other hand, Mine That Bird won the Derby, and then they pretty much knew they had to go to the Preakness (as long as the horse was fine), and he continued to train as if he were going to race in the next 14 days.

toussaud
05-15-2009, 04:51 PM
It's not Andy Sterling. It's Serling, and I agree with his point. Rachel Alexandra lost what, maybe 3-4 days of serious training for the Preakness because when she came out of the Oaks, she hadn't been sold and was NOT pointing for a race in 15 days. She's being rushed to this. On the other hand, Mine That Bird won the Derby, and then they pretty much knew they had to go to the Preakness (as long as the horse was fine), and he continued to train as if he were going to race in the next 14 days.

but both are doing the same thing. they had no plans to run int he preakness, and iddn't confirm until like tuesday. Rachael was basically pointed to the preakness the next day.

I have no problem with someone not liking a horse. I have a problem with that logic.

everything mine that bird has done up until the derby was like a horse that wasn't going to race for 5 more weeks, the same as RA. they had no clue he was going to hit the board in the derby let alone win it.
If you are going to toss RA becuase of that, you have to toss mine that bird for the same reason.

GaryG
05-15-2009, 04:54 PM
Andy posts here. He has forgotten more than you know about racing.

ezgoerbaby79
You might be right, but she doesn't come back off two weeks all that well, and I don't expect her to here either. She may be able to overcome it, but I'm not confident. If she wins, awesome, but if she doesn't, it won't surprise or shock me in any way.

sonnyp

he says he is going to not play rachael becuase she was pointed towards the acorn and then being repointed in the preakness. Scott Hazelteon then asks him is he going to play against Mine that bird, beucase like racahel, was not going to race in the preakness but made a change of plans and he says no becuase that's different. yeah.

And Charitable man must be the slowest horse on earth to win the peter pan in 1:49 and change considering he said it's a mile and a 16th race and all.

oh oh !!!!!! you're in big trouble !!!!!!! he posts here as "the little guy".

rumor has it he's harvey pack's son.

toussaud
05-15-2009, 04:58 PM
and? I stand behind my statement. you can't toss one on that logic without tossing the other.

If he wants to debate me on that he's more than welcome.

ezrabrooks
05-15-2009, 04:59 PM

I am not a big fan of TLG's personality..but, do respect his knowledge of the Track (especially New York racing)... Trust me, he knows the distance of the Peter Pan..

Ez

eastie
05-15-2009, 05:00 PM
this ought to be good.

I like the :4: in race 13 at pimlico if anyone needs a winner.

Relwob Owner
05-15-2009, 05:02 PM
and? I stand behind my statement. you can't toss one on that logic without tossing the other.

If he wants to debate me on that he's more than welcome.

As you said earlier about me, I actually agree with you most of the time...however, here you are a little off IMHO. You are claiming Serling is being illogical.....however, your analysis of the Preakness has been illogical as well and here is why IMHO. You obviously love RA and I respect that. However, when the post positions came out, you said the 13 post is fine, when I am sure if it was a 5K claimer or any other race, you would say it isnt....so, I would ask you, isnt letting your love of a horse blind you to a basic disadvantage she has in a race illogical as well???

DeanT
05-15-2009, 05:03 PM

I heard he is Andy Beyer's older brother.

toussaud
05-15-2009, 05:06 PM
As you said earlier about me, I actually agree with you most of the time...however, here you are a little off IMHO. You are claiming Serling is being illogical.....however, your analysis of the Preakness has been illogical as well and here is why IMHO. You obviously love RA and I respect that. However, when the post positions came out, you said the 13 post is fine, when I am sure if it was a 5K claimer or any other race, you would say it isnt....so, I would ask you, isnt letting your love of a horse blind you to a basic disadvantage she has in a race illogical as well???

again I think you are missing my point.

My point isn't that she can or can't do it.

my point is that you can't like one horse for the reason you don't like another.

If you told me hey, I don't like Rachael, don't think she can come back in 2 weeks and she was being aimed for another race previously. well then I would expect you to toss mine that bird as well

that's all I am saying. if she can or if she can't is not what I am aruging.

It's not like papa clem, POTN or musket man. all three figured and all three prepared for the entire trail.

Mine that bird was a horse they said the day after, the literarly did not expect to hit the board. the plan was to run here, and run in the belmont where he should relish the 12F. everything they have done up untmil now is wiaht that in mine (similar to rachael). and mine that bird had the nerve to win the race :lol: and put a chink in the plans.

I personally don't buy the theory, thus why she is my pick. But oviously he does. whcih is more than fine. more power to him. All I'm saying is why is he not consisitant with it

098poi
05-15-2009, 05:08 PM
Someone posted about getting popcorn.
I'll have some Raisinets! :lol:

I did not see him on TV and can't speak for him but I think RA is a credible favorite and the sudden change of direction is cause enough to try and beat the fav. MTB could lose for any number of reasons one being that any other horse that didn't fire in the Derby may fire on Saturday and if not win still beat MTB. You don't have to try to hard to beat MTB.

P.S. When your first sentence is

"whowever he is he is making himself look like an idiiot on HRTV."

well, it kind of speaks for itself

NTamm1215
05-15-2009, 05:10 PM
When was Mine That Bird pointed to any race other than the Preakness?

Don't tell me you bought that trainer speak after the Derby that they were actually going to wait and evaluate the horse before making a decision. MTB was pointed to the Preakness from 6:35 PM EDT on May 2.

As for Charitable Man, I don't know what he said but everyone who's exercised about his Peter Pan win should temper their enthusiasm a bit based on trip and track condition.

NT

P.S. I also agree with the poster who said Andy's forgotten more about racing than you know.

toussaud
05-15-2009, 05:12 PM
When was Mine That Bird pointed to any race other than the Preakness?

Don't tell me you bought that trainer speak after the Derby that they were actually going to wait and evaluate the horse before making a decision. MTB was pointed to the Preakness from 6:35 PM EDT on May 2.

As for Charitable Man, I don't know what he said but everyone who's exercised about his Peter Pan win should temper their enthusiasm a bit based on trip and track condition.

NT

P.S. I also agree with the poster who said Andy's forgotten more about racing than you know.

about 5 different news articles that stated that MTB was pointed towards the belmont.

He might know more than I do, I don't do old tired cliches but that does not change my stance or change the fact that I am asking a legitimate question

Quagmire
05-15-2009, 05:16 PM

I agree with Andy here. I wish they would have waited and ran Rachel in the Belmont Stakes which is the same day as the Acorn.
What channel are you on?

toussaud
05-15-2009, 05:18 PM
HRTV

And again, I have no problem with that thought. there are alot of people that think that.

My problem is how does the theory subscribe to one horse and not the other

Saratoga_Mike
05-15-2009, 05:21 PM

If RA loses the Preakness, it won't be b/c she missed "3-4 days" of training. Fitness is not an issue, as you intimated, in my opinion. A race-ready horse doesn't lose fitness b/c he or she missed 3 or 4 days of training. From what I gather, she's never been overtrained like many horses, especially west coasters, but that's another matter altogether.

As for Andy Serling's assertion (as represented here), I don't agree with him either. Her four wins this yr have been more similiar to public workouts than grueling, hard-fought victories. There are a lot of reasons not to like her tomorrow, but just not the one represented as Mr. Serling's in the first post on this thread. I apologize to him if the poster didn't capture his actual reasons accurately.

slewis
05-15-2009, 05:23 PM

Adopted.... Harvey and is wife are attractive people... they could never breed something so, well to use horse lingo... lame.:lol:

Saratoga_Mike
05-15-2009, 05:24 PM
Adopted.... Harvey and is wife are attractive people... they could never breed something so, well to use horse lingo... lame.:lol:

Tough crowd!

Quagmire
05-15-2009, 05:30 PM
HRTV

And again, I have no problem with that thought. there are alot of people that think that.

I can't speak to why Andy feels that way, but the reason I'm going to try to beat her is that I think she is coming back to soon and the outside post.
I never heard that MTB's team was seriously considering skipping the Preakness.

ArlJim78
05-15-2009, 05:30 PM
"whowever he is he is making himself look like an idiiot on HRTV."

priceless.

Relwob Owner
05-15-2009, 05:31 PM
again I think you are missing my point.

My point isn't that she can or can't do it.

my point is that you can't like one horse for the reason you don't like another.

If you told me hey, I don't like Rachael, don't think she can come back in 2 weeks and she was being aimed for another race previously. well then I would expect you to toss mine that bird as well

that's all I am saying. if she can or if she can't is not what I am aruging.

It's not like papa clem, POTN or musket man. all three figured and all three prepared for the entire trail.

Mine that bird was a horse they said the day after, the literarly did not expect to hit the board. the plan was to run here, and run in the belmont where he should relish the 12F. everything they have done up untmil now is wiaht that in mine (similar to rachael). and mine that bird had the nerve to win the race :lol: and put a chink in the plans.

I personally don't buy the theory, thus why she is my pick. But oviously he does. whcih is more than fine. more power to him. All I'm saying is why is he not consisitant with it

I was making the point that you were doing the same thing with how I think you would evaluate the race:

5K claimer-13 post....not a good post
Preakness-13 post....great post, would rather be there than in the middle or on the rail.

Doesnt seem logical to me---however, you have started a very entertaining thread and I may be off because I am so excited about tomorrow

Good luck to ya

onefast99
05-15-2009, 05:52 PM
I just came back from Costco and bought a 30# box of raisinettes and a 50# bag of kettle corn. I have a few bottles of Vitamin water left from the 68 pack purchased there over two years ago, so I'm buckling in and awaiting Andy's arrival...this is better then a Lost episode.:blush:

Relwob Owner
05-15-2009, 05:54 PM
I just came back from Costco and bought a 30# box of raisinettes and a 50# bag of kettle corn. I have a few bottles of Vitamin water left from the 68 pack purchased there over two years ago, so I'm buckling in and awaiting Andy's arrival...this is better then a Lost episode.:blush:

I made a LOST reference on the board and got hammered for it....thanks for making my night with that entire post.....

cj
05-15-2009, 06:11 PM

My guess is Andy will realize this is an obvious trolling post and best ignored.

PaceAdvantage
05-15-2009, 06:12 PM
We know who Andy is...now for the real question:

Who is toussaud?

PaceAdvantage
05-15-2009, 06:13 PM
My guess is Andy will realize this is an obvious trolling post and best ignored.Yup...those expecting WWIII are no doubt going to be disappointed....what do they think this is? Del Mar Board East? :lol: :lol:

toussaud
05-15-2009, 06:19 PM
I have nothing else to post. I made my point. anything else I add is just gibberish. I don't do 10 page rants. I'm playing arlington and churchill now, dont' have time to go back and forth when my point is already laid out there.

If he ressponds, great. if not, great. but none changes the point that I asked a very valid question.

We talk about Zayat, and Jackson and et al, just becuase the guy posts here doesn't mean I'm not going to call out something when I see it.

I'm not bashing the guy, I'm asking a very legit question. make of it what you will. I really dont care.

ezrabrooks
05-15-2009, 06:21 PM
We know who Andy is...now for the real question:

Who is toussaud?

Well he (toussaud) isn't on TV...that's for sure. As if criticizing a TV personality has in some way become off limits? Jezz..get some balls..

Ez

Saratoga_Mike
05-15-2009, 06:22 PM
I have nothing else to post. I made my point. anything else I add is just gibberish. I don't do 10 page rants. I'm playing arlington and churchill now, dont' have time to go back and forth when my point is already laid out there.

If he ressponds, great. if not, great. but none changes the point that I asked a very valid question.

We talk about Zayat, and Jackson and et al, just becuase the guy posts here doesn't mean I'm not going to call out something when I see it.

I'm not bashing the guy, I'm asking a very legit question. make of it what you will. I really dont care.

I guess you just could have left out the "idiot" part. It was his opinion, no matter how misguided or incorrect.

Quagmire
05-15-2009, 06:30 PM
Yup...those expecting WWIII are no doubt going to be disappointed....what do they think this is? Del Mar Board East? :lol: :lol:
You mean I had the wife cancel the babysitter and dinner reservations for nothing??

toussaud
05-15-2009, 06:30 PM
I guess you just could have left out the "idiot" part. It was his opinion, no matter how misguided or incorrect.
that much is true and for that I do apologize.

Cratos
05-15-2009, 06:45 PM
that much is true and for that I do apologize.

I applaud you for making the apology to Andy for calling him an “idiot.” Also this is not me saying that you are not entitled to your opinion or that criticism of Andy is off limits, but it is me saying that demeaning someone’s character without knowing the person is baffling to me.

PaceAdvantage
05-15-2009, 07:38 PM

I'm not bashing the guy, I'm asking a very legit question. make of it what you will. I really dont care.Next time, have the consideration to spell someone's name correctly, and maybe they'll have the consideration to respond.

And oh yeah, if you're looking for a reasoned response, it's probably best that you don't call the person an idiot.

PaceAdvantage
05-15-2009, 07:39 PM
Well he (toussaud) isn't on TV...that's for sure. As if criticizing a TV personality has in some way become off limits? Jezz..get some balls..

EzWTF are you talking about?

Relwob Owner
05-15-2009, 07:49 PM
Next time, have the consideration to spell someone's name correctly, and maybe they'll have the consideration to respond.

And oh yeah, if you're looking for a reasoned response, it's probably best that you don't call the person an idiot.

I was more confused by him not knowing who Andy is...I am not much of a NY guy but I know of him...

ezrabrooks
05-15-2009, 08:24 PM
WTF are you talking about?

Willis? The way that you and CJ swept down to protect the chosen one...that is WTF I was talking about..

Ez

slewis
05-15-2009, 08:46 PM
Tough crowd!

Tough is an understatement.... and we're actually friends!:lol:

toussaud
05-15-2009, 08:50 PM
with friends like that you don't need enimies

Relwob Owner
05-15-2009, 08:59 PM
with friends like that you don't need enimies

You apologized for calling him an idiot and then drop that bomb....plus, you didnt spell something correctly....prepare for fire my man.....

toussaud
05-15-2009, 09:06 PM
my gosh I was just making a statement on a joke. lighten up.

slewis said hey we are firend and I came back and said with friends like that you don't need enimies. If I offended someone I apollgize but that clearly was not the point. I was trying ot make a joke. ovbiusly I suck at it.

NYPlayer
05-15-2009, 09:13 PM
HRTV

It is true because Mr. Serling said so. Since he is such a great handicapper and so much better than any of us, he can make these pronouncements which are true, and the rest of us can't possibly be expected to understand the reasons why.

But whatever he and anyone else says, I believe that both RA and MTB will bounce. The reasons are evident. Both horses are returning on two weeks rest after earning lifetime best figures. Very few horses can put two "big move" figures back to back like that. Both horses' Ragozin Sheets demonstrate this.

Relwob Owner
05-15-2009, 09:26 PM
my gosh I was just making a statement on a joke. lighten up.

slewis said hey we are firend and I came back and said with friends like that you don't need enimies. If I offended someone I apollgize but that clearly was not the point. I was trying ot make a joke. ovbiusly I suck at it.

You dont suck at it...however, without a smile or something indicating a joke, it will be taken seriously and responded to that way.....

slewis
05-15-2009, 09:41 PM
You dont suck at it...however, without a smile or something indicating a joke, it will be taken seriously and responded to that way.....

But you know what Rel ??..... that might have been the most accurate comment he's made on Pace Advantage... EVER!!!:lol:

Now that we can all have a laugh and be cyber friends again.....

Good luck to everyone tomorrow..... it's a great day for racing....

Now I have to pack for Baltimore.......

Relwob Owner
05-15-2009, 09:43 PM
But you know what Rel ??..... that might have been the most accurate comment he's made on Pace Advantage... EVER!!!:lol:

well played Slewis! best of luck to ya tomorrow

cmoore
05-15-2009, 09:59 PM
That aint the first time..:lol:

GMB@BP
05-15-2009, 10:37 PM

I dont know who this Sterling guy is...is he related to Donald? Now that guy is an idiot.

I missed when MTB was pointed to a race other then the Preakness, what race was that? and when?

I do remember on Monday they said its not a cinch he runs in the Preakness, that they want to see how he comes out of the race, but on Tuesday they said he was good to go.

I may be an idiot, certainly more so than Sterling, but how are these two cases even compatible. I mean one horse was sold, changed barns, changed race plans compared to the other.

Sorry for being so dense.

toussaud
05-15-2009, 10:51 PM
he was pointed to the belmont, ilke rachael, before the derby. he shocked the world and was convinced to run in the preakness. that was never the goal. about 10 different newspapers and HRTV and TVG have all talked about this.

Saratoga_Mike
05-15-2009, 10:56 PM
he was pointed to the belmont, ilke rachael, before the derby. he shocked the world and was convinced to run in the preakness. that was never the goal. about 10 different newspapers and HRTV and TVG have all talked about this.

Agreed - but RA still seems like a huge underlay, not that you said otherwise.

matthewsiv
05-15-2009, 11:01 PM

Slewis

Good luck tomorrow.
:ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

GMB@BP
05-15-2009, 11:12 PM

I have no clue what those guys said on t.v., but here are two articles, Monday morning, and Monday afternoon. No mention of his training every being affected, certainly nothing even in the same universe as RA.

http://www.boston.com/sports/other_sports/horse_racing/articles/2009/05/04/a_doozy_of_a_next_step/

"If he's doing good, we will run [the Preakness]," said Allen yesterday morning. "We'll let the horse tell us. We'll run some bloodwork on him, make sure it's where it should be."

The original plan was that if Mine That Bird showed something here, to skip the Preakness and go to the Belmont, like his dad, according to Allen.

"He's come back super, so far," Woolley said. "You've got to do what's best for the horse. We'll see how he is in a couple of days."

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/05/sports/othersports/05racing.html

“He needed to be 110 percent,” Woolley, the gelding’s trainer, said in his laconic drawl, adding, “Sure enough he was bucking and playing and that was enough for me.”

GMB@BP
05-15-2009, 11:14 PM

RA was never pointed to the Belmont, where do you get this stuff at?

Saratoga_Mike
05-15-2009, 11:19 PM
RA was never pointed to the Belmont, where do you get this stuff at?

At one point, her previous connections speculated that they might try her in the Belmont. Unless you think the spacing between her races is too close (possible), why do you care whether she was aiming for this race or not? MTB wasn't aiming for it a month ago anymore than she was.

GMB@BP
05-15-2009, 11:31 PM
At one point, her previous connections speculated that they might try her in the Belmont. Unless you think the spacing between her races is too close (possible), why do you care whether she was aiming for this race or not? MTB wasn't aiming for it a month ago anymore than she was.

I definitely subscribe to the theory that its wise to bet against short priced horses when they show up in races as an audible, and clearly that is the case for RA, she was supposed to go in the Acorn and then 9 days ago they do an about face, sell the horse and run her in a tiny bit tougher spot then the Oaks.

I cant think of a better spot to bet against a even money shot, let alone even considers some of the other dynamics in play against her.

She should be about 5/2 or so, definitely the best horse in here, and the likely winner, but she is not better then 50% to win.

Saratoga_Mike
05-15-2009, 11:38 PM
I definitely subscribe to the theory that its wise to bet against short priced horses when they show up in races as an audible, and clearly that is the case for RA, she was supposed to go in the Acorn and then 9 days ago they do an about face, sell the horse and run her in a tiny bit tougher spot then the Oaks.

I cant think of a better spot to bet against a even money shot, let alone even considers some of the other dynamics in play against her.

She should be about 5/2 or so, definitely the best horse in here, and the likely winner, but she is not better then 50% to win.

I think she's a big-time underlay given the post, potentially not hitting the front easily (will she rate?) and the race spacing. I guess you'd say race spacing, we're saying the same thing. I guess my point is/was if they'd known two months ago - we're going to race in the Oaks, then the Preakness, I suspect her preperation for tomorrow would have been no different.

In any case, I'm with you on betting against her at anything less than 5/2.

Niko
05-16-2009, 12:39 AM

Ah, good stuff :lol:

I've sounded like an idiot many times to my friends and there's more to come... a horseplayer has an opinion, analysts and touts cover their asses

I read where the connections thought Mine That Birds best chance was the Belmont...

personally I'll let him beat me..as for the filly..I don't know but she looks tough on paper, the post isn't much of a concern if they don't rush her early but the odds won't be attractive. Musket Man keeps jumping out at me though, just like he did on Derby Day.

toussaud
05-16-2009, 12:43 AM
DUDE WHAT IS IT WITH MUSKET MAN LOL. you are like the 10th person today that has said like those exact words to me... "musket man just jumps out on paper to me".

making me nervous

Niko
05-16-2009, 12:48 AM
:)

he just has a nice pattern coming in to the race. He's come up with another good workout, ran well last (only wish he would've eeked out second), is very consistent, has a good late pace rating, nice tracking style if.....

At this point about the only thing I'm sure of is that it looks like it'll be a very interesting Belmont

JustRalph
05-16-2009, 08:02 AM
I want to sell some Bumper stickers at Saratoga this year..........

eastie
05-16-2009, 09:24 AM
wow TLG with a tan in that second sticker looks just like the president. :blush:

ezgoerbaby79
05-16-2009, 01:10 PM
I want to sell some Bumper stickers at Saratoga this year..........

I like the first one.

Moyers Pond
05-16-2009, 01:53 PM
Serling is a good handicapper and he has taken down some big pick 6's. It is hard to make yourself look very smart though when handicapping every single race.

He is no Beyer though. Beyer was an innovator. I doubt Serling has ever had an original idea in his life. I think Beyer could spot Serling 30 IQ points and still cover by a touchdown. :)

Rachel is going to win the Preakness today though, and make Serling look a little silly.

rjorio
05-16-2009, 02:20 PM
The methodologies use by Beyer and Serling may be different but as handicappers they are most certainly equals. I know this is how Beyer feels in any event.

Saratoga_Mike
05-16-2009, 02:22 PM
The methodologies use by Beyer and Serling may be different but as handicappers they are most certainly equals. I know this is how Beyer feels in any event.

There's a different approach to handicapping a race than using Beyers?!!

Moyers Pond
05-16-2009, 02:34 PM

Beyer was an innovator. Serling just a regular handicapper, although a good one. There is a reason the original poster asked who is Andy Serling. Nobody outside NY knows who the heck he is. Everyone in the horse racing world knows who Andy Beyer is.

So, no. They are not equals.

rokitman
05-16-2009, 02:35 PM
Andy Sterling is not an idiot.

ezgoerbaby79
05-16-2009, 02:49 PM
I know who he is and I sure don't live in New York.

Tom
05-16-2009, 03:05 PM
Who is Andy Beyer?

Storm Cadet
05-16-2009, 03:13 PM
Andy Serling is:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/96/Batman_bale_small.jpg

onefast99
05-16-2009, 03:14 PM
Who is Andy Beyer?
One R&S removed from the famous Breyers ice cream company. Who are responsible for a new flavor called Preakness Clutter. Freisan Fire by 4....

Spendabuck85
05-16-2009, 03:22 PM
Andy Sterling is a Sales Manager in Austin, Texas

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/andy-sterling/1/69b/868

rjorio
05-16-2009, 03:39 PM
ONCE AGAIN ,ANDY BEYER CONSIDERS SERLING AN EQUAL WHEN IT COMES TO HANDICAPPING.IF HE DIDN'T HE WOULD NOT CONSULT WITH HIM ON A REGULAR BASIS. SERLING REMAINS THE PREMIER TRIP MAVEN AND ALWAYS BRINGS A UNIQUE PERSPECTIVE .

Moyers Pond
05-16-2009, 04:14 PM
I know who he is and I sure don't live in New York.

You are also posting on a horse racing board. Andy Beyer writes for the Washington Post. Andy Serling reads it.

098poi
05-16-2009, 04:19 PM
Andy Sterling is a Sales Manager in Austin, Texas

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/andy-sterling/1/69b/868

:lol:

andymays
05-16-2009, 04:20 PM
Kaiser Sose' ??????

ezgoerbaby79
05-16-2009, 04:31 PM
You are also posting on a horse racing board. Andy Beyer writes for the Washington Post. Andy Serling reads it.

You said nobody outside New York knows who the heck he is. All I was saying is that I know who he is and I'm outside of New York. You should've said no one outside of New York and racing fans that post on message boards know who he is.

PaceAdvantage
05-16-2009, 06:56 PM
Willis? The way that you and CJ swept down to protect the chosen one...that is WTF I was talking about..

EzOh shit...I've been outed...:lol:

That ezra sure is a clever one....again...WTF are you talking about?

the little guy
05-17-2009, 02:44 AM
Beyer was an innovator. Serling just a regular handicapper, although a good one. There is a reason the original poster asked who is Andy Serling. Nobody outside NY knows who the heck he is. Everyone in the horse racing world knows who Andy Beyer is.

So, no. They are not equals.

I guess I will have to cry myself to sleep.

JustRalph
05-17-2009, 05:41 AM
I guess I will have to cry myself to sleep.

be careful not to rollover on your wallet

eastie
05-17-2009, 08:48 AM

Serling reads the New York Post, not the rag they call the Washington Post. Nobody reads that anymore.

the little guy
05-17-2009, 10:37 AM
In the interest of truth, if someone wants to know what I actually felt about the Preakness, and not rely on the misquotes from someone who can't even spell my last name correctly, here are my comments written a few days ago on the Belmont Stakes website.

http://www.belmontstakes.com/blog/andy-serling/2009/05/14/on-the-preakness/

Saratoga_Mike
05-17-2009, 10:49 AM
In the interest of truth, if someone wants to know what I actually felt about the Preakness, and not rely on the misquotes from someone who can't even spell my last name correctly, here are my comments written a few days ago on the Belmont Stakes website.

http://www.belmontstakes.com/blog/andy-serling/2009/05/14/on-the-preakness/

But couldn't you have said the same thing about MTB? He wasn't pointed toward the Preakness a month ago.

the little guy
05-17-2009, 11:02 AM
But couldn't you have said the same thing about MTB? He wasn't pointed toward the Preakness a month ago.

Not really, as theoretically every horse in the KY Derby is being pointed to the Preakness and Belmont.

Saratoga_Mike
05-17-2009, 01:04 PM
Not really, as theoretically every horse in the KY Derby is being pointed to the Preakness and Belmont.

In theory, that may be the case. It was not Woolley's intention to run in the Preakness a month ago, however, anymore so than it was RA's then-connections' intentions. Therefore, neither MTB nor RA received any sort of special pre-Preakness training regiment, whatever that might have entailed. Both horses were fit. It all came down to how quickly they bounce back between races. Apparently both horses bounced back very well.

cj
05-17-2009, 01:17 PM
In theory, that may be the case. It was not Woolley's intention to run in the Preakness a month ago, however, anymore so than it was RA's then-connections' intentions. Therefore, neither MTB nor RA received any sort of special pre-Preakness training regiment, whatever that might have entailed. Both horses were fit. It all came down to how quickly they bounce back between races. Apparently both horses bounced back very well.

They were certainly not the same situation with Rachel having a change of owner and trainer a few days after Mine That Bird was said to be aiming for the Preakness.

Bruddah
05-17-2009, 01:28 PM
I wished the Preakness was another two weeks away. I vote this thread as Best of the Year. I have been eating popcorn and Raisinettes for two weeks. Now I have to go on another of those damn crash diets.

All I can say is, "What no post race quips". As with most post race analysis, someone has egg on their face and should be saying "Exxxxxxcuuse meeee!"

Love this thread...Thanks guys and gals :lol:

Saratoga_Mike
05-17-2009, 02:49 PM
They were certainly not the same situation with Rachel having a change of owner and trainer a few days after Mine That Bird was said to be aiming for the Preakness.

To state the obvious, the owner change was irrelevant unless the prior owners were directly involved in training RA. As for the trainer change, I think Asmussen is a very capable trainer, and RA was unlikely to regress b/c of that change. I believe Mr. Serling's central point was the Preakness wasn't on RA's docket a month ago, which gave him some pause. It wasn't on MTB's roadmap either, so to me there isn't much difference between the two entering the Preakness.

Cratos
05-17-2009, 03:47 PM

MTB was pointed toward the Preakness the day his connections nominated him for the TC series. You might argue that a horse can’t be nominated for any one race in the TC series, but once it is nominated it can run in any one race in the TC if its connection chooses.

However when a horse wins the Derby (as did MTB) and remains in good condition (as did MTB) I want to believe that most connections if not all would go for after the possibility of achieving a Triple Crown and to that end the horse must run in the Preakness.

Saratoga_Mike
05-17-2009, 03:58 PM
MTB was pointed toward the Preakness the day his connections nominated him for the TC series. You might argue that a horse can’t be nominated for any one race in the TC series, but once it is nominated it can run in any one race in the TC if its connection chooses.

However when a horse wins the Derby (as did MTB) and remains in good condition (as did MTB) I want to believe that most connections if not all would go for after the possibility of achieving a Triple Crown and to that end the horse must run in the Preakness.

"MTB was pointed toward the Preakness the day his connections nominated him for the TC series."

But that's irrelevant to how the horse has been trained over the past month. Mr. Woolley either had in a place a pre-Preakness training regiment a month ago or he did not. He did not. Therefore, from a TRAINING standpt, I just don't see the difference between the MTB and RA situations. The only way one can argue there's a difference between the two situations is to address the training regiments. RA doesn't know who owns her, and she surely wasn't aware that she was a late supplement to the race.

the little guy
05-17-2009, 09:01 PM
All I can say is, "What no post race quips". As with most post race analysis, someone has egg on their face and should be saying "Exxxxxxcuuse meeee!"

Agreed, I do deserve an apology for having my name spelled incorrectly, but I won't be holding my breath.

toetoe
05-18-2009, 01:34 PM

Learn the game, man. Pack was a paint gelding. Serling is a thoroughbred (entire, also, if it's any of yer bidniz). :faint: .

Indulto
05-18-2009, 03:07 PM
Learn the game, man. Pack was a paint gelding. Serling is a thoroughbred (entire, also, if it's any of yer bidniz). :faint: .Thanks for staying on your toes and fulfilling your self-assigned function as the board's official inspector for ultimate equipment changes. How's the view down there? ;)

toetoe
05-18-2009, 03:12 PM
The man's kidney sweat is as ambrosia. Can you make the same claim ?

classhandicapper
05-18-2009, 03:53 PM
Man this thread got pretty funny around page 5. :lol:

SMOO
05-18-2009, 04:08 PM
Andy Sterling is not an idiot.

:ThmbUp:

Indulto
05-18-2009, 04:58 PM
The man's kidney sweat is as ambrosia. Can you make the same claim ?I wouldn't touch that one with a ten foot Albanian. Hi-yo Sterling Silver sweat!

KingChas
05-19-2009, 08:22 AM
Hilarious Thread. :D
Maybe we should vote for the Rodney Dangerfield 2009 "I get no respect award".

The Nominees;

A) Andy Sterling (sic)
B) Mind that Bird (sic)

andymays
06-06-2009, 08:27 AM
Was on Fox and Friends Weekend this morning.