PDA

View Full Version : Preakness Undercard

Smarty Cide
05-15-2009, 09:55 AM
Anyone have any good plays in the undercards tomorrow?

LemonSoupKid
05-15-2009, 01:34 PM
I'm going through the card right now. I'm quite a bit better on turf so I'll be focusing on straight betting in those with some exotics here and there. The other races I'll just play as parts of the late pick 4. Of course I have my picks already on the Preakness.

I hate this uncertainty about the track and if it'll be fast and ditto with the turf course.

DeanT
05-15-2009, 06:52 PM
Anyone played Pimlico this week? I have not and am wondering what the track is playing like. Anyone have an opine?

miesque
05-15-2009, 07:08 PM
I think the Dixie is the most interesting race of the undercard as well as the best betting race (granted I am rather partial to turf racing) and if I can nail this race, then I will be happy. I think there is the possibility of there being some give on the turf on tomorrow, I know its technically listed as firm (which surprised me) but there is rain forecasted for tonight so I think "good" turf is feasible. Lauro is really interesting shipping into this spot, but he is making his first start siince the Red Smith in November at Aqueduct, as is also the case with Strike A Deal, but were running well going into that race and I consider them key contenders in this race. The Dixie is a Proudinsky type of Grade II race and he may have needed that last race out and is now making his second start off the layoff for Frankel and interestingly gets Garret Gomez aboard for the first time (hopefully he does a better job then his rides on the Derby undercard with Visit and Zambezi Sun). Proudinsky is coupled with Musketier and they make a solid inclusion from a wagering perspective, especially if there is some give in the turf. I wasn't sure who I wanted to include as the fourth horse in this race and I ended up with Parading even though initially I thought I would include Just As Well and that was a more of a feature of me not be that impressed with his last two efforts and I have a suspicion he prefers a firm turf. Will make a final decision on Saturday, but as now boxing Lauro/Strike A Deal/Parading and the entry of Proudinsky/Musketier.

Relwob Owner
05-15-2009, 07:15 PM

I like Lauro(12) a bit in the Dixie...should get about 10 to one...dont love the post.....good luck to all

toussaud
05-15-2009, 07:28 PM
I like Affirmatif to romp home. one of the more talanted turf3YO's in the country

I really like despiste the odds, although cash refund does look tough.

I would like parading more if it were on poly but he is running better than ever now

toussaud
05-15-2009, 08:08 PM
the preakness is my favoriate triple crown race and the undercard is why. jam freaking packed year after year with quality races, unlike IMHO the derby

Relwob Owner
05-15-2009, 08:25 PM

4th race(Schaefer), number 3, Ea...at 5 to 2 or better is a nice play IMO

toussaud
05-15-2009, 08:36 PM
Race 2 Allaire DuPont Distaff: just take the 1 entery couple and move on. Sea Chanter towers over this field

race 4 William Donald Schaefer: I like Ea but at the price I would take Real Merchant

Race 7 Gallorette : i'm taking a price with VIVA LA FLAG on nothing more than sheer confidence in shug. she just ran i could have sworn last week in a allowence race at belmont which she was just beaten. I think this is the goal this race, and nothing in this raced i just looks all that great.

Race 8 Hirsch Jacobs: I had despiste the odds on my up and coming list of horses to watch out the rest of the year. very, very good horse and the only reason you get getting him at 9/2 is becuase he started late. the talent is there

Race 9 Woodlawn S.: Affarimatif

Race 10 Maryland Sprint H.: Ah Day

Race 11 Dixie S: Parading. Shug is coming to play today.

GaryG
05-15-2009, 08:45 PM
Ravalo in the Md Sprint is my best play on the undercard

Quagmire
05-15-2009, 08:54 PM
Race 2 Allaire DuPont Distaff: just take the 1 entery couple and move on. Sea Chanter towers over this field

race 4 William Donald Schaefer: I like Ea but at the price I would take Real Merchant

Race 7 Gallorette : i'm taking a price with VIVA LA FLAG on nothing more than sheer confidence in shug. she just ran i could have sworn last week in a allowence race at belmont which she was just beaten. I think this is the goal this race, and nothing in this raced i just looks all that great.

Race 8 Hirsch Jacobs: I had despiste the odds on my up and coming list of horses to watch out the rest of the year. very, very good horse and the only reason you get getting him at 9/2 is becuase he started late. the talent is there

Race 9 Woodlawn S.: Affarimatif

Race 10 Maryland Sprint H.: Ah Day

Race 11 Dixie S: Parading. Shug is coming to play today.

I agree with you on R8. Lots of speed in there.

philofbelloni
05-15-2009, 09:58 PM
Anyone played Pimlico this week? I have not and am wondering what the track is playing like. Anyone have an opine?
Appears very fast. Mucho W-t-w's. Carruthers was talking about it on TVG this afternoon prior to the BES.
I expect Big Drama's 10-1 to halve if the weather holds out and the late $$ pours in.
As for the undercard, Proudinsky if it's wet.
Chalk play of the day: R7-R9 $1 P3---Dynaforce/ALL/Affirmatif $9

DeanT
05-16-2009, 11:03 AM
Appears very fast. Mucho W-t-w's. Carruthers was talking about it on TVG this afternoon prior to the BES.
I expect Big Drama's 10-1 to halve if the weather holds out and the late $$ pours in.
As for the undercard, Proudinsky if it's wet.
Chalk play of the day: R7-R9 $1 P3---Dynaforce/ALL/Affirmatif $9
Thanks Phil.