PDA

View Full Version : DELAWARE DOES IT

sonnyp
05-14-2009, 06:55 PM
the govenor of delaware just signed into law the bill to legalize sports betting. with a stroke of a pen, what was a heinous "crime" which sent people to jail and allowed the government to seize millions in money and property, now becomes their "treasure trove".

what becomes of all the phony rhetoric the state and federal government has used over the years to justify its stance on this "evil enterprise" and better yet what do they do with all the time, man power, and resources they used in persuing all those threats to society we know as GAMBLERS ?

Patrick333
05-15-2009, 09:26 AM
the govenor of delaware just signed into law the bill to legalize sports betting. with a stroke of a pen, what was a heinous "crime" which sent people to jail and allowed the government to seize millions in money and property, now becomes their "treasure trove".

what becomes of all the phony rhetoric the state and federal government has used over the years to justify its stance on this "evil enterprise" and better yet what do they do with all the time, man power, and resources they used in persuing all those threats to society we know as GAMBLERS ?

It's just another tax to these guys. They need the revenue so they don't have to cut any of their jobs.

NJ Stinks
05-17-2009, 12:27 AM

I was told that in most cases law enforcement doesn't bother doing much illegal gambling investigations nowadays - at least around here. They may investjgate if they get a tip but only because they keep whatever money they find when they make the bust. Unless organized crime is involved. Although I must say I believe "organized crime" is used as an excuse too. By that I mean I've read about the police mentioning organized crime when the busts were made but not later on. (Gretsky's wife and another hockey player come to mind in a case (or cases?) prosecuted around here.)

At any rate, I read something in a Delaware paper that makes me think Delaware sports betting is heading for the toilet. Apparently, the way it was proposed a bettor can only play at least a two game parley - no straight bets. Even worse, instead of paying off at around 14 to 6, it's gonna pay off at 6 to 6 (even money! :mad: )!

Talk about stupid. :rolleyes:

sonnyp
05-17-2009, 12:39 AM
I was told that in most cases law enforcement doesn't bother doing much illegal gambling investigations nowadays - at least around here. They may investjgate if they get a tip but only because they keep whatever money they find when they make the bust. Unless organized crime is involved. Although I must say I believe "organized crime" is used as an excuse too. By that I mean I've read about the police mentioning organized crime when the busts were made but not later on. (Gretsky's wife and another hockey player come to mind in a case (or cases?) prosecuted around here.)

At any rate, I read something in a Delaware paper that makes me think Delaware sports betting is heading for the toilet. Apparently, the way it was proposed a bettor can only play at least a two game parley - no straight bets. Even worse, instead of paying off at around 14 to 6, it's gonna pay off at 6 to 6 (even money! :mad: )!

Talk about stupid. :rolleyes:

you didn't believe the government would be "gambling" with anyone did you ?
the government is the gistapo not the bookmaker. look at the difference in the payout from the old days when the mob ran the numbers racket. those odds were not fair until the government took over the gig. now the government payouts make the bookmakers look like santa claus.

there still is organized crime in this country.....its called government.