PDA

View Full Version : New SEC rules

DJofSD
05-14-2009, 11:39 AM
What a joke. But it's not funny so I'm not laughing.

Surprise examinations. (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/SEC-proposes-tougher-rb-15244443.html?sec=topStories&pos=7&asset=&ccode=)

Thye're not doing the job they should be doing now and they don't have enough people in any event. How in the hell are they going to do surprise inspections.

This smacks of ass-covering and fig leafs. Bring back Elliot Spitzer and make him head of the SEC.

Valuist
05-15-2009, 11:28 AM
What's funny about the "push" for new rules against naked short selling is that the rules are already there......just the SEC doesn't enforce them.

Next post will be # 5000 for you.

DJofSD
05-15-2009, 11:34 AM
Oh my, 5,000! I'll never catch Tom.

I wonder how many posts are horsey topics, off topics and how many off topic threads I have unsubscribed.

The naked short (REG SHO) situation tells me there is complicit behavior on the part of the SEC -- some bodies personal wealth is threatened by enforcement of the short selling rules. Utterly, totally corrupt.

LottaKash
05-15-2009, 02:42 PM
They will select the determined "enemies" of BB.........:eek: ...just like the
"Spanish Inquisition"....

best,

DJofSD
05-15-2009, 02:51 PM
They will select the determined "enemies" of BB.........:eek: ...just like the
"Spanish Inquisition"....

best,
I happen to be reading a book about the Inquisition. And, yes, as it turns out, there was a lot of motivation for the local inquisitors to level charges at people just to get at their wealth and the wealth of any one related to them. A good example was the Knights Templar. And this was a common practice all over Europe not just in Spain.