PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever get hooked on a TV show and are embarrassed to admit it?

dav4463
05-13-2009, 05:40 PM
I got hooked on "Orangutan Island" on Animal Planet. Now I'm hooked on "Chimp Eden".

So much so, that I am actually going to go to the zoo this week and check out some monkeys!

I will look like the good guy when I offer to take my girlfriend's kid to the zoo. She won't realize that I will be having more fun than her daughter will !

lilmegahertz
05-13-2009, 05:41 PM
Meerkat Manor and Lemur Kingdom were my favs....:)

Boris
05-13-2009, 08:52 PM
Deadliest Warrior on Spike in about 10 minutes. Pirate vs. Knight beats American Idol any time.

Tom
05-13-2009, 09:07 PM
Ice Road Truckers
Ax Men
Meerkat Manor
Top Chef

ArlJim78
05-13-2009, 09:14 PM
reruns of MXC on Spike

jballscalls
05-13-2009, 09:17 PM
reruns of MXC on Spike

I must disagree Jim. Asians taking repeated shots to the balls is always funny and nothong to be embarrased about watching!

ArlJim78
05-13-2009, 09:27 PM
I must disagree Jim. Asians taking repeated shots to the balls is always funny and nothong to be embarrased about watching!
well you're right i guess.
the repeated shots to the balls is great entertainment, but I think my favorite part is the dubbed dialogue. they've got some funny stuff in there.

098poi
05-13-2009, 09:52 PM
I don't want to be shamed off the board but I must admit I love

Project Runway!

That's the show about aspiring fashion designers with Heidi Klum.

I can't explain it because I have little fashion sense and have always dressed very generically. I guess I am amazed at how these people take some cloth and an idea and make a whole outfit in day or so.

(Heidi is very nice on the eyes)

Steve 'StatMan'
05-13-2009, 10:05 PM
I was hooked on Maximum Exposure (Max X), a short lived series, and now a similar show, Wacked Out Sports, although I've managed to wean myself off of TV again lately. Unfortunately, I'm addicted to Internet Videos, and my spare time for 2-3 days watching 320+ videos in the FailBlog.org collection. I haven't seen too many of the pictures on their blog yet, but often rather amusing stuff - sometimes it's just fun to watch others fail or mess up, though glad I'm not the one embarased or hurt, don't really want others to get hurt, but perhaps laugh about it later if it doesn't turn out to be a major catastrophy.

chickenhead
05-13-2009, 11:30 PM
CHiPs

Cangamble
05-13-2009, 11:50 PM
Fox News

chickenhead
05-14-2009, 12:36 AM
DOG deserves some love, that is solid comedy, my brudda. Beth's bazookas deserve a show all their own.

If you like Billy Mays, and really who doesn't -- make sure to catch Pitch Men.

kenwoodallpromos
05-14-2009, 03:47 AM
The $20,000.00 sandwich!

Tom
05-14-2009, 07:40 AM
CHiPs

The series is coming back on TNT this summer.
Eric Estrada's new partner will be played by Abe Vigoda.
The series will be called Fish and CHiPs.

jballscalls
05-14-2009, 10:10 AM
I don't want to be shamed off the board but I must admit I love

Project Runway!

That's the show about aspiring fashion designers with Heidi Klum.

I can't explain it because I have little fashion sense and have always dressed very generically. I guess I am amazed at how these people take some cloth and an idea and make a whole outfit in day or so.

(Heidi is very nice on the eyes)

Ok now that is embarrasing!

sandpit
05-14-2009, 11:15 AM
Fox News

http://paceadvantage.com/forum/images/smilies/47.gif

sandpit
05-14-2009, 11:31 AM
The series is coming back on TNT this summer.
Eric Estrada's new partner will be played by Abe Vigoda.
The series will be called Fish and CHiPs.

Tom; Funniest thing I've seen in a long time, thanks.

A few years back, we had this female intern in our department that everyone swore she was a stripper...her favorite tv show was "The Golden Girls".

BlueShoe
05-14-2009, 12:37 PM
Yeah,#%(/@ TVG!

RaceBookJoe
05-14-2009, 03:01 PM
Yeah,#%(/@ TVG!

Yeah, but to me...i would rather have TVG than not have it. Anything to be able to watch a horse race on tv is good to me....can always hit the mute button in between races.
No shows for me that i am embarrassed about, but a few that problem didnt add anything for the brain capacity...so in that light, i guess i would have to choose "Monday Night Raw" rbj

ddog
05-14-2009, 03:18 PM
IF i watched ANYTHING on Tv it would be an ............ :blush:

I did have a thing for the Green Hornet , Mr Ed and Green Acres back in the day.

BlueShoe
05-14-2009, 04:16 PM
Virtually all of my viewing is news,sports,business,racing,History Channel,NatGeo,or Animal Planet.Only two drama programs on the must watch list,and one of them ended last night,and is really starting to drag;Lost.The main must see is NCIS.As a very pro military vet and a Conservative,this show keeps my interest.Perhaps it is because Gibbs has a grouchy disposition almost as bad as mine.Almost,but not quite.