PDA

View Full Version : Churchill's plight

Bruddah
05-13-2009, 11:36 AM
I have a hard time swallowing this "old poor me" :( situation Churchill find's itself in today. It just seems a little to convenient that they need to cut days and purses due to a shortage of entrants. All supposedly due to surrounding minor tracks offering bigger "slot subsidized" purses. Purses, which are still way short of Churchills. Yes, their may be a shortage of cheap claiming horses, which went elsewhere but, isn't it a little convenient for Churchill to be in this predicament? They have been trying to convince the Legislature and Ky. voters that they needed slot subsidies. Seems like a fortuitous stroke of good fortune for Churchill's long term slots agenda.

Truthfully, I believe Churchill's mgmt. is dramatizing a situation of their own making. They are running around crying "the sky is falling". Just a little too much Chicken Little scenario for my liking.

toussaud
05-13-2009, 11:50 AM
have you tried to play churchill downs recently? 5-6-5-6-7-5 horse fields every race. and it gets old.

Tom
05-13-2009, 11:52 AM
They didn't want my money last year, I don't want there races this year.
Close the track dig up Keeneland, and kick Kentucky out of the country!
Screw KY racing. Grass is supposed to be GREEN, not BLUE anyway! :D

Bruddah
05-13-2009, 12:17 PM
They didn't want my money last year, I don't want there races this year.Close the track dig up Keeneland, and kick Kentucky out of the country!
Screw KY racing. Grass is supposed to be GREEN, not BLUE anyway! :D

Tom, I believe you've hit on one of the real reasons. I really think the Horsemen and Horse Players are sick of the treatment they have gotten from ChurcHill's mgmt. That along with a bad economy. However, their Mgmt. is using it to further their slots agenda and doing it with a big Chicken Little act.

I think Horsemen and Handicappers are saying "Frankly Scarlet, I don't give a damn". (JMHO)

Rapid Grey
05-13-2009, 12:21 PM
I think Horsemen and Handicappers are saying "Frankly Scarlet, I don't give a damn". (JMHO)
Nail, meet hammer.

macguy
05-13-2009, 12:39 PM
have you tried to play churchill downs recently? 5-6-5-6-7-5 horse fields every race. and it gets old.

Sounds like Churchill is giving California a run for it's money. :D