PDA

View Full Version : Preakness Off Track?

David-LV
05-13-2009, 09:53 AM
If we have an off track for the Preakness this Saturday which now is possible, will the favorite be Mind that Bird or Rachel Alexandra?

Who would have the advantage? :)

________
David-LV

GaryG
05-13-2009, 10:18 AM
It may cause MTB to be more heavily bet but I don't see the result being any different. I have figures for the FG meet and Rachel's number in the Oaks, run in the slop, was excellent. She was also virtually eased up at the wire.

David-LV
05-13-2009, 10:29 AM
It may cause MTB to be more heavily bet but I don't see the result being any different. I have figures for the FG meet and Rachel's number in the Oaks, run in the slop, was excellent. She was also virtually eased up at the wire.

I don't know about that because MTB ran that last half in 47.1 which is really a tough number to improve on.

I have never seen a move like the one that MTB made in the derby and he was also running pretty easy.

It could be real interesting! :)

_______
David-LV

LemonSoupKid
05-13-2009, 12:01 PM
I think War Emblem ran an ungodly last 1/4 in the Derby ... and then blew everyone out in the Preakness. That after winning the IL Derby with a 114.

There is less precedent for this horse, MTB, to do it again mainly because he hasn't done it really before. But, historically, good performances in the Derby beget pretty good performances in the Preakness.

Having said that, I'm going against him. I just hope it isn't sloppy or else I'll have no idea what to do (or feel unsure again).

David-LV
05-14-2009, 10:09 AM
As we get closer to Saturday it is getting more likely that the Preakness will be run on a wet surface.

Now the fun begins. :8: :8: :8:

_______
David-LV

Imriledup
05-14-2009, 10:20 AM
how about Rachel doesn't run and they scratch her? After all, would you want your 10 million dollar broodmare starting from post 13 in the mud with only 2 weeks rest?

I know i wouldnt.

They might scratch her the morning of the race after Pimlico BEGS the owners to wait till the last minute. (for obvious reasons)

miesque
05-14-2009, 10:38 AM
how about Rachel doesn't run and they scratch her? After all, would you want your 10 million dollar broodmare starting from post 13 in the mud with only 2 weeks rest?

I know i wouldnt.

They might scratch her the morning of the race after Pimlico BEGS the owners to wait till the last minute. (for obvious reasons)

I really can't see them scratching Rachel Alexandra unless she has a physical injury, especially not after all the fuss that surrounded her entering the race in the first place. In addition, she has shown she can handle a wet track just fine so they really have no justifiable reason to scratch.

Relwob Owner
05-14-2009, 10:43 AM

I know i wouldnt.

Dont see it....Jackson is in it for the thrill and to prove people wrong and I dont see him bailing

kenwoodallpromos
05-14-2009, 10:49 AM
With her dosage and almost all of her pedigree to greats' being very low (Belmont), I see her bailing easily.