PDA

View Full Version : Is this a fact

BIG HIT
05-13-2009, 06:56 AM
I herd that at all trk's horse stabled thier must run once a month.Thought ask the board thank's in advance

Brogan
05-13-2009, 07:44 AM
I've never heard of a quota in place at any track. However, unless your name is Lukas or Baffert or Asmussen or Pletcher (among others) you better be giving the track an appropriate number of starts per stall allotted or you may have trouble getting stalls the following year.

ryesteve
05-13-2009, 09:34 AM
How/why would they enforce that? Horse get sick and injured, races don't fill, etc. You can't always run every 30 days even if you wanted to. Like Brogan said, if a trainer is obviously taking advantage, that won't be tolerated, but you can't have a hard and fast rule like the one you cited.

matthewsiv
05-13-2009, 09:41 AM
I herd that at all trk's horse stabled thier must run once a month.Thought ask the board thank's in advance

It is not a rule,but it is what the tracks would like.

As said by others as long as you are running horses and help out the racing secretary when asked to run a horse to fill a race,you will not have a problem.

BombsAway Bob
05-13-2009, 11:24 AM
A betting angle I've used with success for Years:
For "Boutique" Meetings of 5-weeks to Two months(Saratoga, Del Mar,etc),
if a trainer has had a horse stabled at that track for the entire meeting,
working him but not entering him, I will always "Bet Against" if they
are entered in the final week of the meet. THAT's when I tend to
think a trainer is running a horse because he's been taking barn space all meet!
Those stall can be hard to come by, & I think a racing dept. might take notice
when that stable calls looking for X-number of stalls the next year.
Obviously, physical issues notwithstanding...
(note: I'm no horseman, so I could be 100% Wrong about this...)