PDA

View Full Version : SI article on the sale of Rachel A

Quagmire
05-12-2009, 06:56 AM
Good read

What was that number? Morrison and Jackson signed a confidentiality agreement. One published report set the sale price at between $3 million and $4 million. "That's laughably low,'' said Morrison. "It wouldn't pay the tax on the sale.'' Backstretch sources, not always reliable on any issue, set the sale price at between $10 million and $12 million. "You keep guessing,'' said Morrison. "I'm a man of my word and I promised I would not reveal the price.''

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/tim_layden/05/08/preakness.intrigue/index.html

onefast99
05-12-2009, 09:09 AM
10m seems to be the number he paid. Yesterday on WFAN in NY Mike Francesa had a caller who gave him the number and Francesa couldn't believe they paid that kind of money for a filly.

tribecaagent
05-12-2009, 09:48 AM
I caught the last 10 minutes of that and heard Francessa say he didn't think any horse can be supplemented to the Preakness.......this is coming from an owner/breeder and a guy who knows everything about everything. Nice work Mike. :rolleyes:

Brogan
05-12-2009, 03:30 PM
Hey, Mike IS an expert on everything...just ask him!

Brogan
05-12-2009, 03:33 PM
Years ago there was a horse racing segment on the Mike and the Mad Dog radio show (when Mike still had Chris Russo as his on-air partner). In this spot, the caller mentioned something about a particular horse and Mike got all indignent that he "knew this horse...he had petted him!

I almost fell off my chair laughing.