PDA

View Full Version : Jose Lezcano moves tack to New York

Bluto Blutarsky
05-11-2009, 10:55 AM
Good-bye Monmouth
Jose is going to run in New York full time.
Too many great opportunities await...

cj's dad
05-11-2009, 11:11 AM
Just what the jockey colony up there needs - more competition for those 4-5-6 horse fields.

onefast99
05-11-2009, 11:32 AM
I just confirmed it he is out of MP for the meet. Centeno will take the crown.

jayfree41
05-11-2009, 06:29 PM
And I disagree - Belmont and Aqueduct have had pretty decent sized fields in my opinion. I thought Aqueduct's last winter season 08-09 was better than the previous - bigger fields and good handicapping opportunities.

Jay in Seattle

peakpros
05-11-2009, 09:39 PM
I just confirmed it he is out of MP for the meet. Centeno will take the crown.

centeno looked better this weekend than last year...but all he wins were speed pops...I still think he is weak in rating a horse and on turf....but lezcano leaving helps him...

elvis and castro will have a say.....

lezcano did look uninterested this weekend on his mounts...good luck to him...

onefast99
05-12-2009, 08:58 AM
centeno looked better this weekend than last year...but all he wins were speed pops...I still think he is weak in rating a horse and on turf....but lezcano leaving helps him...

Lezcano will be missed by many but there are a lot of young jocks looking to make a splash Paco Lopez is another one who will get some decent mounts. The door is open for Bravo again so he needs to make the most of it and I believe JB will do fine this meet.

bitter
05-12-2009, 10:57 AM
joe bravo is at the fountain of youth wishing for some magic right now, him and pablo fargoso

if centeno and elvis don't go gate to wire i'll be surprised........ stewy elliot can only do so much

Bruddah
05-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Just what the jockey colony up there needs - more competition for those 4-5-6 horse fields.

I logged in to read this thread. Started to make a post and then read this by Daddy'O.

I wish he would stop reading my mind and posting before I do. The old fella took the words out of my mouth and off my keyboard. :ThmbUp:

MaTH716
05-12-2009, 11:28 AM

That's all that wins at Monmouth. The track was lie a freeway this weekend.

But I think it's a good move for him. I think that it's the same path that Coa and Alan Garcia traveled. The bad part for me is that now Elvis will get more play. It seems like he gets overlooked down there, with people just looking to play Bravo, Lezcano and even Lopez.

cj
05-12-2009, 11:43 AM
It is a little harsh to knock NYRA for small fields when the rain has been unbelievable. Now, in hindsight, carding so many turf races was probably not smart, but other than that, what could they do?

onefast99
05-12-2009, 06:10 PM

Really look at the 10th race replay and tell me he didn't rate perfectly he loses by less then a head!

peakpros
05-12-2009, 06:31 PM
Really look at the 10th race replay and tell me he didn't rate perfectly he loses by less then a head!

sitting 4th in a 5 horse field is not that hard....he's weak in route and turf rating IMO...well at least he was last year...

lets see over time this year ....

westny
05-12-2009, 07:47 PM
And I disagree - Belmont and Aqueduct have had pretty decent sized fields in my opinion. I thought Aqueduct's last winter season 08-09 was better than the previous - bigger fields and good handicapping opportunities.

Jay in Seattle

Of course you are correct. Anyone who makes that statement about AQU is out of touch. How is Churchill doing? 4 horse fields, and canceling 7-8 racing days. How about CA? Canceling days too.

What is surprising is that Lescano is jumping ship to ride in a very competitive jockey colony in NY while MON has raised purses significantly, and expect big name outfits to race there this summer...maybe Lescano will travel back and forth

onefast99
05-12-2009, 08:47 PM
sitting 4th in a 5 horse field is not that hard....he's weak in route and turf rating IMO...well at least he was last year...

lets see over time this year ....
For the past 2 years he was still getting the hang of riding here at MP. He has matured a lot as a rider and with that will come better rides and decisions. His agent Danny is getting him some decent mounts. Don't get me wrong Castro and Trujillo are tough so winning this meet will be a hard thing to do for any of these top riders.

GaryG
05-12-2009, 09:01 PM
Centeno rode that grass course at Tampa just fine...

peakpros
05-12-2009, 09:21 PM
Centeno rode that grass course at Tampa just fine...

yeah...but were speaking of monmouth....

after two sensational tampa meets the last two years centeno has not carried the win percentage to monmouth..not nearly

peakpros
05-12-2009, 09:28 PM
For the past 2 years he was still getting the hang of riding here at MP. He has matured a lot as a rider and with that will come better rides and decisions. His agent Danny is getting him some decent mounts. Don't get me wrong Castro and Trujillo are tough so winning this meet will be a hard thing to do for any of these top riders.

i think centeno showed more smarts this weekend...taking the lead with kelly's horse was a very smart move....maybe he is listening to his agent more...

i was just disappointed in many of his pace judgement the last two years; especially after tearing it up at tampa....he has a tendency to chase cheap speed on grass for example...

but like I said time will tell this year....i rather him ride in better form since he will be getting more mounts with jose out....

onefast99
05-13-2009, 08:58 AM
yeah...but were speaking of monmouth....

after two sensational tampa meets the last two years centeno has not carried the win percentage to monmouth..not nearly
He has MP figured out now no need to zip to the front end with a closer that was his problem 2 years ago. Look for a much better and more seasoned rider this meet in Daniel C.

onefast99
05-13-2009, 09:04 AM
i think centeno showed more smarts this weekend...taking the lead with kelly's horse was a very smart move....maybe he is listening to his agent more...

Do you mean the 7th race where lesser of two evils won with Maysonett onboard?

peakpros
05-13-2009, 10:45 AM
Do you mean the 7th race where lesser of two evils won with Maysonett onboard?

no... not breen's horse...the 11-1 tom (?) kelly trained horse he speed popped with.

Does anyone have a more unconventaional riding style than maysonett?

His knees are all over the place.

onefast99
05-13-2009, 11:35 AM
no... not breen's horse...the 11-1 tom (?) kelly trained horse he speed popped with.

Does anyone have a more unconventaional riding style than maysonett?

His knees are all over the place. Yes maysonett is an interesting rider to watch similar to J Sanchez.