PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else see the Rachel Alexandra commercial on NBC? Pretty cool!

Zippy Chippy
05-10-2009, 06:33 PM
They just aired a commercial during the golf. It showed a closeup of Rachel running and they went to a black screen and it said

"The Preakness may have a new Challenger"

And they went back to her Oaks and Tom Durkin saying, "She mighta won by 20"

And then it said,

"If you think boys are faster than girls, meet Rachel Alexandra"

The commercial gave me the chills. They did a good job! Now I can't wait even more!

toussaud
05-10-2009, 06:34 PM
like i said, zayat and marylou have another thing coming if they think they are going to stop the rachael gravy train. there are more important things at stake. namily the millions of dollars pimlico is looking at by having her run

joanied
05-10-2009, 06:58 PM
Oh, wow... if that commercial gave you chills, zippy...it'll probably bring tears to my eyes...I am going to turn on the TV to NBC right now and hope they show it again...damn, I wanna see that:jump:

toussaud...let's hope that Whitney & Allen both saw this ad...and that Whitney, at least, passed out from the shock :lol:

Zippy Chippy
05-10-2009, 07:06 PM
Oh, wow... if that commercial gave you chills, zippy...it'll probably bring tears to my eyes...I am going to turn on the TV to NBC right now and hope they show it again...damn, I wanna see that:jump:

toussaud...let's hope that Whitney & Allen both saw this ad...and that Whitney, at least, passed out from the shock :lol:

Ya they showed it again a few mins ago!! As long as you watch NBC is the next few days you will definitely see it..

David-LV
05-10-2009, 07:18 PM
like i said, zayat and marylou have another thing coming if they think they are going to stop the rachael gravy train. there are more important things at stake. namily the millions of dollars pimlico is looking at by having her run

It looks like a block out of RA in the Preakness is in the wind.

Even if she gets in she is no odds on favorite to win.

A victory by 20 against a sub par field of fillies has shown me zero about her ability against colts.

Big Drama may not win but he will make her run her eyeballs out to get past him.

The more hype the better chance is she will get beat in a race that no filly has won since 1924.

I hope she runs because it will make for a great betting opportunity to cash a nice bet when she gets beat.

________
David-LV

joanied
05-10-2009, 09:12 PM
Ya they showed it again a few mins ago!! As long as you watch NBC is the next few days you will definitely see it..

OHCRAP...I must have missed it by a minute...then the stupid local news came on...I'll have to bite the bullet and watch NBC as much as possible the next week...or...maybe someone will get that TV ad on youtube:jump:

joanied
05-10-2009, 09:13 PM
It looks like a block out of RA in the Preakness is in the wind.

Even if she gets in she is no odds on favorite to win.

A victory by 20 against a sub par field of fillies has shown me zero about her ability against colts.

Big Drama may not win but he will make her run her eyeballs out to get past him.

The more hype the better chance is she will get beat in a race that no filly has won since 1924.

I hope she runs because it will make for a great betting opportunity to cash a nice bet when she gets beat.

________
David-LV

There's an entire thread about this block out thing going on...have a look...they 'take it back'...she'll run.

toussaud
05-11-2009, 08:15 PM
is there not a link to this anywhere yet?

Watcher
05-11-2009, 10:13 PM
is there not a link to this anywhere yet?
I have searched and spoken with a friend at NBC, seemingly not online.

joanied
05-12-2009, 01:22 PM
I checked NBC and youtube and even the Preakness web site...nada, zero, zilch:mad: I can't beleive it isn't on the interent...everydamnedthing is on the internet...I wanna see it:( waaaaaaaa!!

Mike_412
05-12-2009, 01:30 PM
I'm stuck here watching Days of Our Lives because I want to see this commercial. Pathetic I know.

joanied
05-12-2009, 01:34 PM
I'm stuck here watching Days of Our Lives because I want to see this commercial. Pathetic I know.

That's:lol: because I am doing the same thing...I recorded Days of Our Lives in case the commercial is shown... I cannot beleive there isn't a link to it somewhere :bang:

toussaud
05-12-2009, 01:35 PM
we are pathhetic. as i am switching between HRTV and NBC to try to find a freaking commerical.

cute kid

Mike_412
05-12-2009, 01:42 PM
If it doesn't come on within the next 20 minutes and I have to endure the Bonnie Hunt show just to see this spot, I either need to have my head examined or hit the bottle a bit early today.

It could be worse. The Preakness could be on ABC and The View could be on. Always gotta look on the bright side. :D

Watcher
05-12-2009, 01:49 PM
I don't think you guys are going to see this spot until around prime time...

Mike_412
05-12-2009, 01:55 PM
Well then Biggest Loser 7 Couples Edition here I come!!!

joanied
05-12-2009, 04:36 PM
I don't think you guys are going to see this spot until around prime time...

Prob'ly right...but it should get shown during shows like Days of Our Lives, Bonnie Hunt (UGH)...these shows have huge audiences...mostly women, and since it's a RA commercial...
but, none the less...I am getting tired of NBC stuff....ah, the things we endure for the love of this sport!!

Hey...maybe they'll show it tonight during the Leno show, since Calvin will be a guest:jump:

Marshall Bennett
05-12-2009, 05:51 PM
Probably won't be seen again before Saturday , maybe not even before the Preakness coverage . Is there any sports coverage by NBC before that ?

Relwob Owner
05-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Prob'ly right...but it should get shown during shows like Days of Our Lives, Bonnie Hunt (UGH)...these shows have huge audiences...mostly women, and since it's a RA commercial...
but, none the less...I am getting tired of NBC stuff....ah, the things we endure for the love of this sport!!

Hey...maybe they'll show it tonight during the Leno show, since Calvin will be a guest:jump:

Joanie D,

Your ideas make way, way too much sense to have any hope that a TV executive will implement them:)

joanied
05-14-2009, 02:16 PM
:) Thanks, Relwob....
I think we should start our own PR company;)

I STILL have not seen this commercial:mad: