PDA

View Full Version : Just how bad/good are the TVG hosts?

so.cal.fan
05-10-2009, 12:31 PM
My son called me this morning to wish me happy Mother's Day and we had a discussion about the TVG "handicapper hosts"
I have been watching TVG for only about two weeks now on a regualar basis, and only pay attention to Hollywood Park.
I am of the opinion that most of their handicappers are not very good.
My son prefers HRTV, unfortunately I don't get that where I live.
Do any of you handicappers keep track of just how poorly these TVG handicappers really do?
My son says they are massive losers. Is he correct.
I do know, that I know throw out my selection if Simon Bray picks it.
Perhaps Simon is in a bad streak or is he always so wrong?
Thanks in advance for any stats on these guys.

46zilzal
05-10-2009, 12:35 PM
We have been receiving HRTV and have been pleasantly surprised as compared to the "noise, and complete disdain to the audience" I experienced while watching TVG while in California.

Onion Monster
05-10-2009, 12:38 PM
Mr. B made a nice observation at Belmont the other day. He didn't like the looks of Desert Key returning (said he looked a bit washy) off the long layoff. And I'll be darned if Desert Key didn't come up empty in the stretch.

For the most part, you're better off hitting the mute button. They know as much or as little as you and I.

cj's dad
05-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Holy cow- it took until the 10th of the month for the monthly

"lets bash TVG" thread to show up.

miesque
05-10-2009, 12:50 PM
The more I see these threads, the more I equate them to be the horseplayer equivalent of those who kick the dog after they come home from a bad day at the office even though the dog had nothing to do with their bad day at the office.

so.cal.fan
05-10-2009, 12:56 PM
CJ's Dad!
I am a new viewer of TVG, I've never read the threads on the BASH TVG.
I wish now I had of done so.
How much money would someone lose if they followed all of Simon Bray or Matt C's picks?
I agree with the poster who thinks Mr. B. is okay. So is Christina Olvires, in my opinion. Both these two have been in racing all their lives.
Some of the "guest hosts" like Ron Ellis and other trainers who currently train horses are interesting. It's most of the regulars who are annoying.
They may be nice guys, I'm sure they are, but as handiappers.....they are lacking.
I do like that nice looking Mike Joyce......the guy who does Los Al who looks a lot like Brad Pitt. He seems to poke fun at himself and is somewhat entertaining, but hey TVG people! That isn't why we watch your station!

DeanT
05-10-2009, 01:09 PM
Ms So Cal,

Handicapping horses is a lonely business. If you asked an excellent capper hitting 20-25% wins take you to the track there is a good chance he could go 0 for 8 (esp if he is a 5-1 to 15-1 type player) with his tips. Prolly the best football capper would be at around 55% ATS, which means even on a coin flip type game like football betting he would give you 45 losers out of 100 picks.

But both the above guys could each be making 6 digits a year gambling. If a public handicapper has given us an insight or two about a running line, or a paddock inspection, or something historical about the horse (eg 'he was fractious last time here in this class too off the ship, but he won easily) they have done a great job (imo).

Bruddah
05-10-2009, 01:26 PM
So. Cal Fan and her husband have been involved with So California Horse Racing all of their married life. (long long time :) ) Her husband even longer than that. She knows where of she speaks, on any horse racing topic. If she doesn't know, she has the humility to say so and ask. If there are two folks on this board which I consider crem da la crem and good friends, it's SoCalFan and Daddy"O.

Even great classy people can have different points of view. Just look at PA and myself. :rolleyes: :)

kitts
05-10-2009, 01:28 PM
On their behalf, it is not easy to pick a full card at multiple tracks with limited time. TVG is trying to attract betting customers so they realy push the
multi-race big payoff picks of these folks. Now it is really hard to hit a pick 4 or pick 6 with a lot of time, much less the little time they get. So when one has little time, one tends to cover with "safe" picks. As a longshot player, I am delighted when they do not even mention my horse.

Marshall Bennett
05-10-2009, 01:43 PM
I would venture to say all of them are above average handicappers , shouldn't they be ?

cj's dad
05-10-2009, 01:45 PM
CJ's Dad!
I am a new viewer of TVG, I've never read the threads on the BASH TVG.
I wish now I had of done so.
How much money would someone lose if they followed all of Simon Bray or Matt C's picks?
I agree with the poster who thinks Mr. B. is okay. So is Christina Olvires, in my opinion. Both these two have been in racing all their lives.
Some of the "guest hosts" like Ron Ellis and other trainers who currently train horses are interesting. It's most of the regulars who are annoying.
They may be nice guys, I'm sure they are, but as handiappers.....they are lacking.
I do like that nice looking Mike Joyce......the guy who does Los Al who looks a lot like Brad Pitt. He seems to poke fun at himself and is somewhat entertaining, but hey TVG people! That isn't why we watch your station!

You apparently have missed the countless threads which appear monthly about TVG and how good or bad it is. My standard comment and one that I stand by is not whether or not they are good/bad but who gives a darn. Paying attention to TVG or HRTV guys is like buying the tip sheets when entering the track; a waste of time. I simply enjoy the fact that not so long ago, watching racing meant going to the track and then only seeing live racing - one race every 25 minutes. I appreciate what we now have so much that I simply find it futile to criticize tha product. Do they occasionally screw up? of course they do, but for the most part I think they do a good job.

FlyinLate
05-10-2009, 01:54 PM
Simon Bray may be on a bad streak. He tends to be one of the better handicappers alongside Rich Perloff.

Matt always picks the fastest horse in the race.
Ken Rudolph is a joke, simply put.
Mr. B simply picks favorites

fmolf
05-10-2009, 02:06 PM
Simon Bray may be on a bad streak. He tends to be one of the better handicappers alongside Rich Perloff.

Mr. B simply picks favorites
i agree with all of the above and i get both hrtv and tvg and watch both depending on the time of the year and meets in progress...i think its about time we all see them for exactly what they are good or bad serious or comical all i see in them is entertainment and that is what they do for me...some of their documentaries are interesting ...thats about it....i get a laugh out of tvg's..."talent picks".....who wants to play a p4 with all the chalk in it! :lol:

Fingal
05-10-2009, 02:14 PM
For the most part, you're better off hitting the mute button. They know as much or as little as you and I.

This is too easy.

As Franklin Roosevelt's 1st Vice President, "Cactus" Jack Garner, said about the vice presidency, it "wasn't worth a warm pitcher of spit".

Untill TVG compensates me for their losing picks, fuggetaboutit. I can lose my money by myself just fine.

Light
05-10-2009, 02:33 PM
The other day they were talking about the swine flu. Mmm,If I wanted to know about that I'd be watching CBS . So they can be annoying. I would not and do not rely on them when I am handicapping seriously. BUT. Even if they cant pick their nose,they do occassionaly come up with some good "inside" info, an interesting angle or an interesting interview. If all the TVG guys were to have a handicapping contest amongst themselves, I think I would bet on Simon. Perloff may be second,with Caruthers picking up the show spot. And as you know Simon is an ex Cal trainer who used to bat 20% wins, so he knows the So Cal circuit very well and at least his analysis on the So Cal circuit is halfway decent when he handicaps a So Cal pk6.

Relwob Owner
05-10-2009, 02:53 PM
The more I see these threads, the more I equate them to be the horseplayer equivalent of those who kick the dog after they come home from a bad day at the office even though the dog had nothing to do with their bad day at the office.

I am with you...I love TVG on the whole...like anything, there are parts of it I dont like(Nick Hines, Frank Lyons). I have been watching for 7 years and will be watching for another 7.

I think we should be happy that we have 2 networkd devoted only to horse racing.

I also think people need to remember the fine line TVG has to walk between having good handicappers on the air and being entertaining....people rip Rudulph for not being a good handicapper when that isnt even his job...he is a host.

Plus, I have known some very good handicappers in my life and trust me when I say that noone would want to see or listen to them on a horse racing network on a regular basis....

Imriledup
05-10-2009, 03:36 PM
The key to taking advantage of TVG's hosts knowledge is to just take bits and pieces of the knowledge and not listen to the actual picks. Its imperative that you make your OWN picks. You need to use TVG as a handicapping supplement. Maybe they interview a trainer and he'll tell you something that you didn't know, toss that into your handicapping and use it as an advantage.

Never blindly listen to someone else's picks..........its only going to set you up for disappointment.

fmolf
05-10-2009, 03:36 PM
I am with you...I love TVG on the whole...like anything, there are parts of it I dont like(Nick Hines, Frank Lyons). I have been watching for 7 years and will be watching for another 7.

I think we should be happy that we have 2 networkd devoted only to horse racing.

I also think people need to remember the fine line TVG has to walk between having good handicappers on the air and being entertaining....people rip Rudulph for not being a good handicapper when that isnt even his job...he is a host.

Plus, I have known some very good handicappers in my life and trust me when I say that noone would want to see or listen to them on a horse racing network on a regular basis....i said it before and i will say it again it is entertainment..... they do come up with nuggets in certain situations...hrtv is more handicapper orientated and the analysts do not make picks like they do on tvg for every race every p3 and 4 and 6..that gets a bit tiresome on tvg .....but face it folks we get to see a myriad variety of races that would not be available to us otherwise!hines and lyons are too pompous with their know it all attitudes...imho!... i hope none of those guys are picking papa clem :( .... :D

Relwob Owner
05-10-2009, 04:17 PM
i said it before and i will say it again it is entertainment..... they do come up with nuggets in certain situations...hrtv is more handicapper orientated and the analysts do not make picks like they do on tvg for every race every p3 and 4 and 6..that gets a bit tiresome on tvg .....but face it folks we get to see a myriad variety of races that would not be available to us otherwise!hines and lyons are too pompous with their know it all attitudes...imho!... i hope none of those guys are picking papa clem :( .... :D

This whole thing where you adn i continue to agree is getting out of hand....now let me get back to hoping that RA runs in the Preakness so PC gets 6 to 1

fmolf
05-10-2009, 04:26 PM
This whole thing where you adn i continue to agree is getting out of hand....now let me get back to hoping that RA runs in the Preakness so PC gets 6 to 1
friesan fire 3/1.. potn7/2.......papa clem minimum 6/1 hoping for 8/1...kinda strange for me to agree with anybody...just ask my wife! :lol:

Relwob Owner
05-10-2009, 05:03 PM
friesan fire 3/1.. potn7/2.......papa clem minimum 6/1 hoping for 8/1...kinda strange for me to agree with anybody...just ask my wife! :lol:

We agree again...6 to 8 to one...

GaryG
05-10-2009, 05:08 PM
I continue to be amazed that anyone on this board would have the slightest interest in who those yahoos pick. The TwinSpires video feeds have been good so I very rarely watch it. I do watch HRTV to get the latest TC news. PA made a good point: They are there to shill bets for their ADW service and showing the races is just a "bonus". Like the old saying that those who can do do while those that can't do teach. Those who can pick winners bet. Those who can't work for TVG. Exception is Rich Perloff, first class all the way.

Tom
05-10-2009, 05:55 PM
Serious question.....if their mission is to increase handle for TVG, wouldn't it make sense to show as many races (betting opportunities) as possible?
You don't bet on stupid chit chat, but they have more of that than action.

ryesteve
05-10-2009, 06:32 PM
Serious question.....if their mission is to increase handle for TVG, wouldn't it make sense to show as many races (betting opportunities) as possible?They claim to be limited by contractual issues

I've never been a TVG basher (probably because I don't watch much), but this made me shake my head today:

1 - Ken Rudolph comes on air, and is asked by one of the other hosts, "I'm sure you have an opinion on this whole Rachel Alexandra situation... what do you make of it?", and his response was, "Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't. I've never been a horseman, so it's not for me to say if this is right or wrong". Geez, if you've got nothing to say, then just get the hell off my TV

2 - One of the sub hosts basically implying (not really in a joking way) that Todd Schrup isn't on air today because he's still too stoned from the Dead concert last night. Is there any good reason to get into that??

MickJ26
05-10-2009, 06:37 PM
Even the best handicappers in the world will lose most of the time.
The TVG guys are no different, and they have access to more information than the average handicapper does. Just listen to their input for guidance and pick your own winners/losers. Sometimes you agree with them, sometimes you don't.

Relwob Owner
05-10-2009, 06:41 PM
They claim to be limited by contractual issues

I've never been a TVG basher (probably because I don't watch much), but this made me shake my head today:

1 - Ken Rudolph comes on air, and is asked by one of the other hosts, "I'm sure you have an opinion on this whole Rachel Alexandra situation... what do you make of it?", and his response was, "Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't. I've never been a horseman, so it's not for me to say if this is right or wrong". Geez, if you've got nothing to say, then just get the hell off my TV

2 - One of the sub hosts basically implying (not really in a joking way) that Todd Schrup isn't on air today because he's still too stoned from the Dead concert last night. Is there any good reason to get into that??

While I love TVG, you touched on what I preceive is a huge weakness.....they have very few strong opinions on anything in the Horse Racing world. They also are afraid to mention close to anything when it comes to trainers' suspensions, etc.(when Piancone came back, they barely even mentioned the snake venom).

I guess they are afraid of stepping on any toes but it seems to be the tracks really need TVG so who cares if they ruffle a few feathers...

Ron Ellis is rarely on but is one of the guys who actually seems to speak his mind about things....I wish he was on more

Joey D
05-10-2009, 06:46 PM
The biggest thing that bothers me about watching TVG is that those guys talk incessantly right up to the time the gate opens. Sometimes they do have good little tidbits of information (usually from Christina Olivares interviewing a trainer) but come on, give it a break. :bang:

cj's dad
05-10-2009, 07:07 PM
They claim to be limited by contractual issues

1- So what is KR supposed to do-make something up- JC man - he has no f---ing opinion- what is the crime in that???
2-Just an FYI - Matt Carruthers was the one who didn't post today due to the Dead concert- Todd Schrupp was the one sitting in for Matt .

ryesteve
05-10-2009, 07:38 PM
1- So what is KR supposed to do-make something up- JC man - he has no f---ing opinion- what is the crime in that???
How do you not have an opinion on the game's biggest story at the moment?? Especially when your job is to talk about the sport?? I love it how people will defend the indefensible, only because it's not the internet unless there's a stupid argument going on...

cj's dad
05-10-2009, 07:53 PM
Is KR just supposed to throw something out there? besides, what difference does his opinion make? Mr.B talked about this for a long time and conducted a 10-15 minute interview with Zayat. The owners will do what they will - I doubt that TVG and their hosts will have much impact on the final decision.

GaryG
05-10-2009, 07:58 PM
Blondie at a Dead concert???? That is truly bizarro. I would have figured the Village People.

cj's dad
05-10-2009, 08:00 PM
MC's wife is a Deadhead and this was her Mom's day present !!

ryesteve
05-10-2009, 08:08 PM
Is KR just supposed to throw something out there?No, maybe he's supposed to care enough about a huge story to give a few moments of thought before he goes on air. It's not like he said, "Gee, this is a tough situation, I can see both sides of it and it's very tough to decide what's right and what's wrong". Instead, his attitude was that this wasn't an issue that had any relevance to him. I just don't get that. If you don't care about racing, yeah, it's not relevant. And if you're getting paid to give your opinions, at least pretend to care.

And yes, I know full well that his opinion counts for nothing... I also know that all the opinions expressed in the various threads around here aren't going to change Zayat's mind either... but I'm still reading them.

GaryG
05-10-2009, 08:15 PM
MC's wife is a Deadhead and this was her Mom's day present !!Oh.....OK!

big frank
05-10-2009, 10:54 PM

Mr. B simply picks favorites Rich Perloff ??? You have to be kidding ! This guy is Dr Death. I dont listen to any handicappers ,,, but when Perloff is on my horse i know i am dead. The guy i pay attention to when he is on is trainer Ron Ellis. The guy is sharp and knows the habits and talent of the horses in california

Relwob Owner
05-10-2009, 11:10 PM
Rich Perloff ??? You have to be kidding ! This guy is Dr Death. I dont listen to any handicappers ,,, but when Perloff is on my horse i know i am dead. The guy i pay attention to when he is on is trainer Ron Ellis. The guy is sharp and knows the habits and talent of the horses in california

I think that Ron Ellis may be the best guy on there...good observations and usually very candid-good picks, too.

I am a 7 year TVG fan and I have gotten to the point that if Nick Hines is on, I am gone....absolutely unbearable IMHO

ranchwest
05-10-2009, 11:32 PM
I saw one of the TVG guys pick a winner. I can't remember if that was 2003 or 2004.

Generally, they just don't have very intelligent conversation -- not very insightful.

OTM Al
05-10-2009, 11:50 PM

I'm getting rally confused. Someone was bashing Ken R. but my calendar said it was still April, and now this! Keep screwing up my schedule and see what happens to those table reservations at the Spa. This rate I'm going to show up there and it will still be June and I won't understand why everyone is missing...

Now if you want to know what really sucks, its Citi Field. Why I was watching the game there the other night and the scoreboard told me one of the Phillies had hit the game winner in the 7th game of the WS last year, but I know there was only 5 games! Incredible incompetence. They shouldn't be allowed to have games there!!!!!!

JustRalph
05-10-2009, 11:55 PM
Rich Perloff ??? You have to be kidding ! This guy is Dr Death. I dont listen to any handicappers ,,, but when Perloff is on my horse i know i am dead.

You haven't watched enough. Perloff is the best capper they have and by that I mean he is pretty damn good.............

Hajck Hillstrom
05-11-2009, 01:09 AM
I wouldn't reference the on-air personnel at TVG as handicappers as much as I would call them analysts. They are somewhat handicapped by the horizontal format that production instructs them to submit, but at the same time it frees them up to wager as they would on their own accord. They have a ceiling of $50 on their Pik4 wagers, so they might post a $48 ticket, but in actuality feel the need to play a $244 ticket.

I had TVG on about 50 hours a week for a few years, but haven't watched it now for a full year. Life is better with TVG than without.... I can assure you that.

Perloff is without question the best of the bunch.

thruncy
05-11-2009, 01:57 AM
I would venture to say all of them are above average handicappers , shouldn't they be ?They're cheerleaders for the sport first, commentators/reporters/entertainers/hustlers(for more handle), second; and handicappers third; in descending order of commercial priorities. It's the Horserace TV Bizz. That's all folks.

bishlap
05-11-2009, 03:15 AM

LoL...it's pandemic - ever listen to "sportstalk radio?" Bash Bash Bash :bang:

rokitman
05-11-2009, 09:52 AM
They do fine. They're hosting a horse racing television show. Nobody ever made an announcement that they were world-class, positive ROI handicappers and you could just sit on your lazy ass, play what they play, and reel in the money. If anybody on their did consistently significantly outplay the market their plays would quickly get bet into ROI oblivion and it would not matter anyway. And, in the interim, you'd have dumb-asses here saying, That asshole on TVG is killing my ROI!

As far as personalities, there are plenty of far more annoying people here than even the most annoying on there or HRTV, including one that even hosts a horse racing TV show. They've all grown on me the last few months that I've had satellite as some of the ones on HRTV have done the opposite.

Seems to me that the TVG host-bashers are really trying to tell us how much better of a handicapper than they are (WOW-so is my software if I did nothing but play the top ranked horse every race) and/or how much better of a horse racing TV show host they would make than the ones that are on there (highly doubt it but send in your resume and, until they hire you, shut the fugg up).

the little guy
05-11-2009, 10:11 AM
After suffering through the Garcia-less Dead at the Garden a few weeks ago I can't imagine it being a present for anyone.

BombsAway Bob
05-11-2009, 10:43 AM
After suffering through the Garcia-less Dead at the Garden a few weeks ago I can't imagine it being a present for anyone.
A friend of mine "Won" Tickets to The Dead in Worcester a few weeks ago, thru The Worcester Telegram!? I asked him if they were doing an "Elvis"-style virtual concert, propping a computer generated Jerry on the big screen, with the live band jamming along...
Alas, twas not meant to be.. They left 10min. into the second set... The Outdoor party before & after the show was a 'gas', though! 99 Red Balloons...

JustRalph
05-11-2009, 10:52 AM

When I heard Schrupp talking about this, that was the first thing that came to mind? How in hell does the Dead go on without Jerry?

fmolf
05-11-2009, 10:53 AM
ron ellis is very good as is tom amoss the few times they have him on also..he is very knowledgable and speaks his mind as well.......i like rich perloff not as a handicapper but as a horseplayer like you and i...he never takes himself to seriously and makes boring mondays and tuesdays much better.....i never play anyones picks.... i do a great job picking loserson my own!...rich perloff is a classically trained actor by the way

kid4rilla
05-11-2009, 10:21 PM
Like everybody else, their ROI is negative. Anyone who really wins consistently, if there really is anyone who does, couldn't possibly care who the TVG heads like.

Living in Louisville, I have access to TVG and HRTV only. TVG has gotten very good at what they do. Their production is fantastic and the personalities are great at what they do.

They have to make a pick every race. Todd Schrupp has hit 1 pick 4 in his existence at TVG, but has to pick one everyday. After doing it this long, he probably doesn't spend 5 minutes putting it together.

It is one thousand times better than the one-foot-in-the-grave HRTV.

fmolf
05-11-2009, 10:27 PM
Like everybody else, their ROI is negative. Anyone who really wins consistently, if there really is anyone who does, couldn't possibly care who the TVG heads like.

Living in Louisville, I have access to TVG and HRTV only. TVG has gotten very good at what they do. Their production is fantastic and the personalities are great at what they do.

They have to make a pick every race. Todd Schrupp has hit 1 pick 4 in his existence at TVG, but has to pick one everyday. After doing it this long, he probably doesn't spend 5 minutes putting it together.

It is one thousand times better than the one-foot-in-the-grave HRTV.
i live on long island new york and i also get both hrtv and tvg.... hrtv is by far a better outfit...their is less bull%*&.....more pure horse racing info...more intelligent hosts.... and they are not putting up those annoying host p4' and p3's and pick6's.....that gets old in a hurry...o n hrtv they talk about every horse in the race objectively..pointing out good and bad points...who cares about their silly "talent picks"....hrtv less is more!

kid4rilla
05-11-2009, 10:55 PM
I actually prefer HRTV, but I don't think most people do. It is about entertainment and TVG has been perfecting it for quite awhile. HRTV is a snoozefest, even if they are giving more valid information. I think Ben Stein is going to be the guest handicapper next week with stone faced Carolyn Conley.

fmolf
05-12-2009, 12:50 AM
I actually prefer HRTV, but I don't think most people do. It is about entertainment and TVG has been perfecting it for quite awhile. HRTV is a snoozefest, even if they are giving more valid information. I think Ben Stein is going to be the guest handicapper next week with stone faced Carolyn Conley.
c'mon...jon white is a like rodney dangerfield back there!

JustRalph
05-12-2009, 08:41 AM
Like everybody else, their ROI is negative.

speak for yourself

GaryG
05-12-2009, 10:01 AM
c'mon...jon white is a like rodney dangerfield back there!Jon White knows more than the whole TVG group combined. He was the west coast Trackman and chart caller for the DRF for years.

fmolf
05-12-2009, 10:06 AM
Jon White knows more than the whole TVG group combined. He was the west coast Trackman and chart caller for the DRF for years.
i agree with you on his horse racing knowledge...but he is not a very easy to listen to host.....all the hrtv hosts are or have been connected with horse racing as owners ...or track management in some capacity or had parents involved in racing so they spent time around the tracks as young adults..
jon white also has a tremendous memory!

Hajck Hillstrom
05-14-2009, 03:03 PM
Mr. B simply picks favoritesNot fer nuttin....

:2::6:
:2::3::6:
:5::7::8:
:1::6::8:

....but Bob Baedeker's $54 early Pik4 at Belmont hit and paid $427.50.

His 4 winners paid $7.50 (15-1 ML), 20.80 (7-2 ML), 14.80 (5-1 ML), 4.20 (3-1 ML)

Kickin' it old school style!

Kind of dispels the "simply picks favorites" notion, though I hear where you are coming from.

Relwob Owner
05-14-2009, 03:31 PM
Jon White knows more than the whole TVG group combined. He was the west coast Trackman and chart caller for the DRF for years.

I agree about that and I guess it is just a case of what you are looking for....when I have watched HRTV, the guys with the most knowledge seem a bit boring and some of the younger guys just seem annoying and smug....however, every time I watch Pincay's kid, I am impressed

andymays
05-14-2009, 03:38 PM
John White knows a lot about the Racing Industry but as a Handicapper he is constantly restating the obvious. Obviously a nice man but I prefer some of the other Hosts.

Christina Olivares helps me the most on TVG. She asks the right questions and brings up fresh information like the workout reports.

Relwob Owner
05-14-2009, 03:40 PM
John White knows a lot about the Racing Industry but as a Handicapper he is constantly restating the obvious. Obviously a nice man but I prefer some of the other Hosts.

Christina Olivares helps me the most on TVG. She asks the right questions and brings up fresh information like the workout reports.

I agree there...she is sharp. She used to be on HRTV, I believe

ManeMediaMogul
05-14-2009, 07:11 PM

She is a star. It is only a matter of time before ESPN picks up her contract.

atonymania
05-14-2009, 10:22 PM
MOST OF THESE SO CALLED RAING ANALYSTS HAVE THEIR OWN PAID WEB SITES . SO THAT ANSWERS YOUR QUESTION.

Hajck Hillstrom
05-14-2009, 11:51 PM
MOST OF THESE SO CALLED RAING ANALYSTS HAVE THEIR OWN PAID WEB SITES . SO THAT ANSWERS YOUR QUESTION.:lol: :lol:

Could you possibly be more vague?

Speed Figure
05-14-2009, 11:58 PM
She is a star. It is only a matter of time before ESPN picks up her contract.
She's also VERY HOT IN PERSON!! :ThmbUp:

exactatom
05-15-2009, 12:17 AM
While Jon White is knowledgable, he drives me crazy when every year he shows so much bias toward the California horses on the Triple Crown trail. He, like the rest of the broadcasters at HRTV, act like if it does not happen in California it does not happen. TVG does have a nationwide persepctive.

robert99
05-15-2009, 03:43 PM
UK company Betfair have now taken over TVG. They also own Timeform, so perhaps some changes in the offing.

"With Betfair’s acquisition of TVG, America’s most popular horse racing television network and account wagering platform, a new forum site is being launched dedicated to US horse racing.
http://community.tvg.com."

toussaud
05-15-2009, 05:15 PM
While Jon White is knowledgable, he drives me crazy when every year he shows so much bias toward the California horses on the Triple Crown trail. He, like the rest of the broadcasters at HRTV, act like if it does not happen in California it does not happen. TVG does have a nationwide persepctive.

It's not even the bias that gets me. Jon White doesn't know when to stop.

every race of the day does not have to tie in with the kentucky derby. there are times I just want to enjoy a 5k claimer.

"And pete man is at 5 to 1. speaking of horses that names start with p, do you know I love pioneerof the nile?"

kid4rilla
06-19-2009, 01:24 PM
speak for yourself

I speak for almost everybody.

If your not a part of this almost everybody, good on ya!

louisianawoman
06-19-2009, 03:30 PM

How true!

BUD
06-19-2009, 04:42 PM
Gawd I Hate BaseBall They Tell Me to Watch certain Players that they are GREAT---I did And These Losers after two weeks of taking stats I found that "these co called Great"" only got 3 hits every 10 @ Bats!!! Can You Believe that Sh1t??

These high paid hot shots only got 9 hits outta 30 at bats---Unreal.. WTF

Honestly---You want to see something worse than TVG Open the DRF and check out there picks----Or B4 your critical post your picks along side of these guy or gals--BEFOREHAND----

Also if you need TVG for picks--Ya Gotta do a little more work---

Sorry rubbed me the wrong way today---