PDA

View Full Version : Tony Reinstedler status

Moyers Pond
05-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Anyone know if this guy retired or is taking time off? Does he still have stalls at Churchill? Don't see any horses with him listed as the trainer and noticed Moyer's Pond was given to Helen Pitts but is still owned by the same people. Thanks.

sandpit
05-10-2009, 05:58 PM
Last I heard was that Eugene Melnyk took his horses and moved them to another trainer, but i don't know why, and Reinstedler was left with just a couple of horses. Don't know if he kept those or got out all together.

Moyers Pond
05-11-2009, 09:06 AM
Last I heard was that Eugene Melnyk took his horses and moved them to another trainer, but i don't know why, and Reinstedler was left with just a couple of horses. Don't know if he kept those or got out all together.

Thanks. I know Tony's assistant left at the end of 2007 and I figured Reinstedler might be on his way out. Moyer's Pond is now with Pitts but has the same Lucky 7 stable as his owner so Reinstedler may have just left the game. I was surprised to see him at Gulfstream for the winter and figured something might be up.

I think Melnyk sent him most of his claimer types he was trying to get rid of and KY is not really the place to be any longer with those ridiculous purses for claiming races.

Moyers Pond
05-21-2009, 02:54 PM
Looks like Tony is back and is reuinited with the great Moyers Pond. :)

Runs this Sunday at Churchill.