PDA

View Full Version : Jan our prayers and best wishes go with you

Bruddah
05-09-2009, 09:56 AM
From the BloodHorse:

Rushton leaving NYRA

Jan Rushton, the paddock analyst and part-time television host for the New York Racing Association for 14 years, has resigned her position to tend to an ailing family member.

Rushton has been on leave from NYRA since the end of January to be with her family in South Carolina. Rushton's brother, Doug, was diagnosed with Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), or Lou Gehrig's disease.

"I would like to thank all the fans, horsemen and fellow NYRA workers for all their support through my years in racing, but I have to resign my position to be caretaker for my brother, who has a serious illness,'' Rushton, who began working for NYRA in 1991, said in a press release. "This has been a hard decision, but I feel that family must come first.''

RichieP
05-09-2009, 09:57 AM
Wishing her and her family the absolute best :ThmbUp:

lamboguy
05-09-2009, 10:03 AM
what a class act she is. i hope her brother gets better. thanks jan for the last 14 years for sharing you with all of us.

OTM Al
05-09-2009, 11:17 AM
Unfortunately you do not get better from that disease. Jan is a very nice person and she is missed.

Dave Schwartz
05-09-2009, 02:22 PM
I must agree - what a class act she is.

I hope she returns to NYRA and that she is welcomed back.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

BUD
05-09-2009, 04:04 PM
GOD BLESS Jan-

As a Brother and son--Whom now has to have caretakers.. I so Understand her plight.. To Do what she is doing takes a super natural Love and a great Character. I will Include Jan & her Family in my Prayers.

My Heart breaks--To hears this.

Who ever knows Jan---She Will need all the emotional support there is--Unfortunatly I live it.

NY BRED
05-10-2009, 06:55 AM
The one bright light for NYRA, God bless you and your brother.

Bobzilla
05-10-2009, 08:13 AM
It definitely won't be the same without Jan's insightful reports from the paddock. Her joyful nature and love for the game and horse has always been an added delight for those of us who love New York racing and follow it day to day. My prayers go out to Jan, her family and most especially to her brother during this difficult time.

nijinski
05-10-2009, 01:27 PM
My thoughts and prayers o out to her at this difficult time,and she will be missed.

Marshall Bennett
05-10-2009, 01:47 PM
I wish her the very best . I miss her very much .