PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi is staying off Elevators at Military Bases

JustRalph
05-08-2009, 09:31 PM
http://briefingroom.thehill.com/2009/05/08/cbs-announcer-any-us-soldier-would-shoot-pelosi-strangle-reid/

CBS announcer: Any U.S. soldier would shoot Pelosi, strangle Reid
@ 5:16 pm by Michael O'Brien
CBS Sports commentator David Feherty drew criticism Friday for suggesting any U.S. soldier would murder House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) if given the chance.

"From my own experience visiting the troops in the Middle East, I can tell you this, though: despite how the conflict has been portrayed by our glorious media, if you gave any U.S. soldier a gun with two bullets in it, and he found himself in an elevator with Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, and Osama bin Laden, there's a good chance that Nancy Pelosi would get shot twice, and Harry Reid and bin Laden would be strangled to death," Feherty wrote in an a D Magazine piece welcoming former President George W. Bush back to Dallas.

more at the link ..........

Tom
05-09-2009, 11:16 AM
God bless our troops! :lol:

OTM Al
05-09-2009, 11:20 AM
Fortunately our troops are far better people than this person gives them credit for.

Tom
05-09-2009, 11:41 AM
Lighten up, Al.:D

OTM Al
05-09-2009, 01:14 PM
I have a pretty dark sense of humor, but I don't find this funny in any way. Just ask me my favorite jokes when you see me this summer. However, this so called joke is just plain insulting and disturbing as well.

I thought it was the far left that was supposed to believe that soldiers were mindless killers. Evidently the far right is willing to portray them that way as well. Further, using a soldier to be the instrument of the murder of democratically elected officials and a POW, no matter how heinous his deed, is an insult to the military. So now Tom, I won't lighten up on this one and anyone that has any respect for the military personnel and/or democratic government should not either. There is nothing funny about this. This is pure malice.

ezrabrooks
05-09-2009, 01:24 PM
I have a pretty dark sense of humor, but I don't find this funny in any way. Just ask me my favorite jokes when you see me this summer. However, this so called joke is just plain insulting and disturbing as well.

I thought it was the far left that was supposed to believe that soldiers were mindless killers. Evidently the far right is willing to portray them that way as well. Further, using a soldier to be the instrument of the murder of democratically elected officials and a POW, no matter how heinous his deed, is an insult to the military. So now Tom, I won't lighten up on this one and anyone that has any respect for the military personnel and/or democratic government should not either. There is nothing funny about this. This is pure malice.

Al...it is an old joke. I can't remember the characters of the original joke. Faherty tries to be funny, and agree with you...this one probably crossed cross the line.

Ez

Dave Schwartz
05-09-2009, 02:20 PM
As much as I dislike our current leaders, I dislike anarchy even more. Even though the topic of this thread may be truthful, I have no interest in promoting or supporting such an idea.

However, I do recognize funny when I hear it.

That being said, I recall a bumper sticker from the Nixon years: "Lee Harvey Oswald, where are you when we need you?"
:lol: (Now, THAT'S funny.)

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Rookies
05-10-2009, 10:41 AM
Good for you, Al. Very well put and insulting to the military- which I'm sure went over the head of the individual. :ThmbUp:

It was an extremely disturbing reference by someone in the public eye, who should no better.