PDA

View Full Version : FREISEN FIRE

lamboguy
05-08-2009, 10:15 AM
i just heard that he is training alot better than he did going into the kentucky derby when i didn't like the way he galloped out after the work prior to the race.

i think he is going to have a big shot in the preakness if rachel alexander is not in it. if rachel is in it, he will definately be on the bottom of my exacta.

strapper
05-08-2009, 12:11 PM
He certainly can't run any worse than he did in Louisville. FF was the race's major disappointment to me. Maybe that big gap between races didn't suit him.

Dahoss9698
05-08-2009, 12:16 PM
i just heard that he is training alot better than he did going into the kentucky derby when i didn't like the way he galloped out after the work prior to the race.

i think he is going to have a big shot in the preakness if rachel alexander is not in it. if rachel is in it, he will definately be on the bottom of my exacta.

How quickly things change....interesting.

1st time lasix
05-08-2009, 01:55 PM
seems like every year i have a 3 year that I can't figure. Bet on him or her and i lose....bet away from the same horse and i lose. Started with Came Home....then perfect Drift....now this one

Show Me the Wire
05-08-2009, 01:58 PM
Thought FF grabbed a quarter coming out of the gate? Don't know how well he could be training with that type of injury.

SmartyLane
05-08-2009, 02:30 PM
Thought FF grabbed a quarter coming out of the gate? Don't know how well he could be training with that type of injury.

Said in an article I read they put the diabetic topical medicine that has closed it up real good. Looks like he is nearly back to normal at this point. The other cuts were all superficial and he is healed up good.

It is so hard to feel the same way about a horse after they run so poorly no matter how bad a trip they got. i.e. FF in the derby.....I was a big FF supporter and now writing down my preliminary tri's super's I almost left him out but thinking it over I really think I need to include him in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th spots........RA singled in the 1st spot.

Show Me the Wire
05-08-2009, 02:38 PM
Still has to be sore. unless they are blocking the pain by freezing. When a horse grabs a quarter it takes a chunk out of the foot.

GaryG
05-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Said in an article I read they put the diabetic topical medicine that has closed it up real good. Looks like he is nearly back to normal at this point. The other cuts were all superficial and he is healed up good.

It is so hard to feel the same way about a horse after they run so poorly no matter how bad a trip they got. i.e. FF in the derby.....I was a big FF supporter and now writing down my preliminary tri's super's I almost left him out but thinking it over I really think I need to include him in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th spots........RA singled in the 1st spot.You might do better if you waited until the entries were drawn before "finalizing" your picks. :rolleyes:

Robert Fischer
05-08-2009, 02:51 PM
He certainly can't run any worse than he did in Louisville. FF was the race's major disappointment to me. Maybe that big gap between races didn't suit him.

It is worth watching the replays on that one to get your own opinion of what happened.

From what I could tell he appeared to be stepped on and bumped by Papa Clem immediately out of the gate, and then while knocked sideways appeared to be kicked by Hold Me Back.
He then staggered over to the rail which could have been horse or rider's decision, but was then wrestled away from the rail by the jockey,
where he was urged for more speed before finally settling in a cruise behind Pioneerof the Nile.

This was all before the first turn! Even without injuries that is a wasteful way to start a 10 furlong race.

I am not 100% sure that the injuries from May 2nd will heal enough for him to be be near full strength two weeks later. I don't even have a full understanding of his injuries other than he "grabbed a quarter" and sustained some scrapes.

However I would certainly not take the result at face value. Again it is worth watching the replay.