PDA

View Full Version : PID

Tampa Russ
05-07-2009, 08:06 PM
I must say, it looks like a damn nice opening day/night card for PID tomorrow. I might have to take a look.

Imriledup
05-07-2009, 09:55 PM
PID is impossible imo. And, small pools. Tread carefully.

bdownes
05-07-2009, 10:18 PM
The ADW situation played against PID last year. The pools should be much better. Also, there is a new track announcer at PID this year. His name is Ron Mullis. He was one of the talking heads last year.

Tampa Russ
05-08-2009, 06:49 AM
The ADW situation played against PID last year. The pools should be much better. Also, there is a new track announcer at PID this year. His name is Ron Mullis. He was one of the talking heads last year.

I didn't even think to check, but I don't see them on the Twinspires schedule.

Tampa Russ
05-08-2009, 10:52 AM
TS is still working on the contract for PID.

Tampa Russ
05-08-2009, 11:03 AM

Impossible Downs...now there's a name for a track!

fiveouttasix
05-08-2009, 11:11 AM
We used to call Freehold Raceway (back in the 70's & 80's when we never missed a Saturday card) Expensivehold!

Tampa Russ
05-08-2009, 11:28 AM
We used to call Freehold Raceway (back in the 70's & 80's when we never missed a Saturday card) Expensivehold!

Pretty good too!

PID contract has been signed. Available on TS starting today.

CincyHorseplayer
05-08-2009, 06:57 PM
If it's that impossible and you lose that much money why not call it

Pud Inthe Dirt/Downs

or

Putyourmoney Inthe Door/Downs.:cool:

jefftune
05-08-2009, 09:49 PM
I will be at PID on Saturday. The track is eight miles from my house. I didn't play much last year as there were many short fields, but this year is looking much better. 82 horses entered Fri. night and 77 on Sat (eight race card). I just checked the charts for Friday and outside posts are lookin good.

JohnGalt1
05-09-2009, 07:42 AM
Don't they have the same high take outs that Penn National has?

rusrious
05-09-2009, 01:41 PM
Im thinking of heading there tonight also, just downpoured, 5 mins away

Goodluck

BillW
05-09-2009, 01:44 PM
Don't they have the same high take outs that Penn National has?

17% WPS
20% EX,DD
26% Tri, Pk-3
29% super

4% less on the tri and 1% less on the super - what a deal! :D

DeanT
05-09-2009, 03:51 PM
17% WPS
20% EX,DD
26% Tri, Pk-3
29% super

4% less on the tri and 1% less on the super - what a deal! :D

You can just check here Bill for takeouts, field size and more, sortable. I slaved away at this for HANA :rolleyes:

http://www.horseplayersassociation.org/hanatrackratingsbytrackname.html

dutzman
05-09-2009, 10:30 PM
I was up there for 2 months last year, and it seemed to me that outside posts were doing well. The 3-5 wide move around the turn won a lot of races. But, I think the rail and inside posts don't offer a disadvantage though. A lot of the trainers up there seemed not to train their horses everyday and when shippers would come in from more established outfits like KY and Chicago and Maryland those horses looked more fit to me, and coming up the rail was no problem. I knew of one trainer who would ship in regularly and instruct his jock not to go wide if he had too.....his horses were dead fit and would come up the rail no problem....

Hoping the ADW situation helps out the pool size.....

One thing is that Tapeta track they have seemed to break down at the end of the summer......Dickinson was up there numerous times in August/September fielding concerns with the track and such.......

Oh yeah, one more thing......

Watch the weather....because when it rains that track becomes real fast for a poly and speed does extremely well......

JustRalph
05-09-2009, 10:35 PM

donated my annual 30 bucks to PID............watched my 6-1 when the gate opened cross the finish line at 9/5..............and he ran 6th............

enough of that crap.............

BillW
05-09-2009, 10:35 PM
You can just check here Bill for takeouts, field size and more, sortable. I slaved away at this for HANA :rolleyes:

http://www.horseplayersassociation.org/hanatrackratingsbytrackname.html

:kiss: