PDA

View Full Version : Reverse Discrimination

jballscalls
05-07-2009, 07:38 PM
So i was just watching what i think is the worst program on cable, Hardball and Chris Matthews was talking about a case that involved "reverse discrimnation"

doesnt that term seem kind of dumb?? why dont we just call it 'discrimination'? just seems counterproductive to making us a colorblind society by labeling everything such as hate crimes, reverse discrimination, etc. Seems that by seperating things such as discrimination and reverse discrimination, that the news is keeping lines in the sand so to speak between the races.

cj's dad
05-07-2009, 08:17 PM
So i was just watching what i think is the worst program on cable, Hardball and Chris Matthews was talking about a case that involved "reverse discrimnation"

It's labeled that way because it differentiates from the accepted form of discrimination which is of course white on black.

Let's be honest here; there is no longer any white on black discrimination and therefore the only "attention grabber" is reverse which is a code term for black on white.

Whites have been routinely discriminated against with the approval of the state and federal gov't for the last 30+ years in many aspects of life, including employment, school admissions, grants etc...

So, I would assume that this is a ploy by hardball to keep their viewers tuned in.

dav4463
05-11-2009, 03:23 AM
When a job ad says "we are an equal opportunity employer" or "we value diversity".....it should be changed to say "white straight males need not apply" because that is exactly what they mean.

JustRalph
05-11-2009, 06:11 AM
When a job ad says "we are an equal opportunity employer" or "we value diversity".....it should be changed to say "white straight males need not apply" because that is exactly what they mean.

and if you are over 40 you might as well not even read the ad

Tom
05-11-2009, 07:35 AM
Lib code.

toetoe
05-11-2009, 12:05 PM
Good call, jballs. It's all kind of "reverse" anyway. :ThmbUp: .

riskman
05-11-2009, 12:56 PM
Forbidding one form of discrimination must necessarily compel another form of discrimination.

If an owner is forbidden to discriminate in hiring on grounds of sex or race, the government can only discover a violation of the law by looking at who is hired. This compels active discrimination against people on grounds of their sex or race. It is a zero sum game, where one person's winnings come from another's losses.

Few are willing to speak openly about what has happened to the banking industry in the last few years. Once upon a time, the credit rating was the primary means by which bankers and other lenders assessed creditworthiness.

The active test of a bank's political correctness is its Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) rating. The ratings, mandated by Congress and the Bush administration in a bill affixed to S&L bailout legislation in 1989, categorizes lending by race, sex, and income level. Using vague CRA requirements, regulatory control, and the threat of merger rejection, government officials exercise significant control over the lending policy of banks.

One of the results of CRA political correctness is the catastrophe we are witnessing today with the subprime fiasco.