PDA

View Full Version : Race Fixing at Tampa and Delaware/Point Shaving at Toledo

menifee
05-07-2009, 02:53 AM
http://www.paulickreport.com/blog/tag/ricardo-a-valdes/

Looks like the same Detroit "businessman" coordinated the conspiracy.

Here is a link to Paulick's blog.

Anybody remember this jockey? I wonder if there are more names to follow. I've watched the replays and honestly it is not too obvious.

My father always warned me that in low level claiming races, the gambling pools were the only real money in the game and that I should avoid betting on them.

BillW
05-07-2009, 03:19 AM
Duplicate link

SMOO
05-07-2009, 08:13 AM
"The other jockeys banned by Tampa Bay Downs in December 2006 were Terry Houghton, Joseph Judice, Derek Bell, Jorge Bracho, Luis Castillo and Jose Delgado"

Citation1947
05-07-2009, 10:22 AM
Detroit has always been one of the crookest places to race in the country. Those who were involved in the shady side of racing(including leading trainers, jocks, jock agents, officials, owners and outside powers(from politicians to criminal organizations)) had Detroit Race Course in their grip for decades. It is for that reason why fans and bettors failed to support a track there as fans just stopped coming out. Race fixing & doping there had become that obvious and people are not THAT dumb or blind.

The same types are probably already well at work at Pinnacle Downs. It will be a miracle if that track survives very long.

fmolf
05-07-2009, 10:28 AM
"The other jockeys banned by Tampa Bay Downs in December 2006 were Terry Houghton, Joseph Judice, Derek Bell, Jorge Bracho, Luis Castillo and Jose Delgado"
thats why the mets second baseman can't hit a lick :lol:he's really a jockey!

andymays
05-07-2009, 10:40 AM
When Jockeys manipulate a race they do it through the "pace", or lack thereof. For example they can "send" into an already fast pace or they can rate and let someone else get loose on the lead. If you're on a closer that needs to relax early you can push early and take the Horse out of his game.

In my opinion 90% of the Jockey stuff (race fixing) has to do with manipulating the pace!

ezrabrooks
05-07-2009, 01:07 PM
At the old Trinity Meadows there was a jock, who I think is now training, who ran third...with the DRF comment being "up for show under heavy hold".. Can't remember if there was any suspension...but, it was discussed on the rail for weeks.

Ez

46zilzal
05-07-2009, 01:14 PM
In my opinion 90% of the Jockey stuff (race fixing) has to do with manipulating the pace!
In only works when there is collusion and a single strong entry