PDA

View Full Version : CD Pick 6 Wed 5/6/09 Thoughts

Sabong
05-06-2009, 05:47 AM
I am going to jump the gun a little but it looks like we will probley have a sloppy track and be off the turf tommorrow at CD so I'll going to give my thoughts pre scratches with that in mind. This is a $160 ticket.

Race 4 Typical bad form bottom level claimer group. Going 5 deep
:1: Morning Magic- super connections but Kenneally not know for having them cracked up early & this one starts at the bottom so he looks hit or miss, bred to handle an off track just fine & is very well bred in being a half to talented stakes winning sprinter Balmy & the very fast G2 winner Irguns Angel, watch betting on this one
:8: Yankee Player- ran a couple of races at OP that would get the job done here, may have just been in too deep for double the price last time, cant get excited about this one but really a must use
:6: Riviera Cafe- speed & fade last time being first time on dirt in a much tougher spot at FG. I love his breeding for an off track & this one may be hard to catch, Jamie's off & on the :8: but Court has been riding very well in KY
:5: Five Star Sweetie- well beaten fav in all 3 lifetime starts at Tampa, another that should be part of the race early but has shown to quit badly. Acting up in the gate could have hindered his chances in his last race as well. Trainer 1 for 2 in adding blinkers, another who is bred to relish the off going, using but def not confident in chances
:2: Spice So Nice- firster from a barn I know nothing about but Gone West over Deputy Minister looks great on an off track plus in looking at this female family I see its the same as Cal stallion Slew The Bride who is the grandsire of the super fast filly Show Me The Stage who also was from & linebred to this female family & I remember she was great on an off track. Works are nothing special but fits the profile of a playable longshot in a wide open weak md claimer.

Race 5 Single
:3: Formal Dannie- looks to be the main speed of the race & should clear these pretty easy. Solid connections with light weight bug boy & is 2 for 3 on an off track with a second. One to catch and beat.

Race 6 Single
:2: High Quail- the play in here with a move to the main track or run over a giving turf as the Tiznows (Tizdejavu & Tizaqueena) seem to love a turf with moisture in it.

Race 7 4 deep
:1: Chapel by the Sea- solid barn sends out this one that should be setting just off or on the lead early & right there throughout. He is proven on a sloppy track.
:6: Lookn Mighty Fast- Coming off a nice md win & def fits in here for half the price loses Leparoux to Motts horse but picks up the hot riding Theriot.
:4: Emma's Posse- the Mott horse that I think will be close. He looked to be in over his head in his last after a nice md 25k win
:2: Stratos- dropping into the claiming ranks for the first time. This one looked to have a future after his nice debut. Looks hit or miss to me but am including.

Race 8 two deep
This race would be dwindled down to 3 or 4 runners if taken off the turf I think in which case the :2: Fifty Five would be the horse to beat. I still kinda like the :6: My Happiness as well if he stayes. On a yielding turf I would have to rethink things in here but would like :4: Silver Mountain & again :6: My Happiness esp the later if the course has alot of give in it as I always like to play older horses on giving ground because its much better on them.

Race 9 two deep
:4: Jolly Ol' Nick- solid old hard knocker that ran one real nice race 3 back at OP, some of his others latley have been so so efforts but I think he may be set for an improvement with the change back to CD. I see him sitting 4th or 5th early & making a nice run late. He also has a soild career off track record.
:6: Mr Champ- dropping on down the class ladder. Its been a while sense he has won but has not been embarrassing himself latley against better. The drop may do the trick. He has never raced on an off track but is bred to handle it being by Mr Greeley.

1st time lasix
05-06-2009, 10:20 AM
not sure if we are off the turf yet....the pic 6 will likely be hit many times today. Fields are not that large and the amount chasing will be. Race 4, 5 and 7 will be the seperators. will include the 12 off the AE list in race 6 hoping that entry will be somewhat overlooked. Best of luck

BombsAway Bob
05-06-2009, 03:48 PM
HandiGambling 132- 9th@CD:
#1- Fills out SH5?
#2- See Ya at Ellis
#3- see Sted
#4- using;past prime days?
#5- Fills out tri/Super/SH5
#6- Drops off cliff; under
#7- out
#8- Logical;Calvin;underlay!
#9- Turn me on Dead man!
#10- Surprise Pkg; Woodard/Haye=$$$
---the play
9th@CD: $1SH5
(4,8,10)(4,8,10)(5,6)(4,5,6,10)(ALL)=$100
--hoping the carryover
causes giant payout &
Sixty Free PP's from DRF!

Posted by: BombsAwayBob Grant (http://www.myspace.com/bobgrant3)

fmolf
05-06-2009, 04:40 PM
HandiGambling 132- 9th@CD:
#1- Fills out SH5?
#2- See Ya at Ellis
#3- see Sted
#4- using;past prime days?
#5- Fills out tri/Super/SH5
#6- Drops off cliff; under
#7- out
#8- Logical;Calvin;underlay!
#9- Turn me on Dead man!
#10- Surprise Pkg; Woodard/Haye=$$$
---the play
9th@CD: $1SH5
(4,8,10)(4,8,10)(5,6)(4,5,6,10)(ALL)=$100
--hoping the carryover
causes giant payout &
Sixty Free PP's from DRF!

Posted by: BombsAwayBob Grant (http://www.myspace.com/bobgrant3)
did not play the p-6 too many scratches and short fields,....i did put in this small high 5 ticket though...2/3/1,5,6/1,5,6/1,5,6 and 3/2/1,5,6/1,5,6/1,5,6=$12

andymays
05-06-2009, 04:53 PM
Twin Spires Players Pool Bets are shown on the ADW section of the Forum if anyone cares. They are alive to 4 horses in the pick 6, only 1 of which shows a profit for that particular ticket.

Oaklawn
05-07-2009, 05:02 PM
I am going to jump the gun a little but it looks like we will probley have a sloppy track and be off the turf tommorrow at CD so I'll going to give my thoughts pre scratches with that in mind. This is a $160 ticket.

Race 4 Typical bad form bottom level claimer group. Going 5 deep
:1: Morning Magic- super connections but Kenneally not know for having them cracked up early & this one starts at the bottom so he looks hit or miss, bred to handle an off track just fine & is very well bred in being a half to talented stakes winning sprinter Balmy & the very fast G2 winner Irguns Angel, watch betting on this one
:8: Yankee Player- ran a couple of races at OP that would get the job done here, may have just been in too deep for double the price last time, cant get excited about this one but really a must use
:6: Riviera Cafe- speed & fade last time being first time on dirt in a much tougher spot at FG. I love his breeding for an off track & this one may be hard to catch, Jamie's off & on the :8: but Court has been riding very well in KY
:5: Five Star Sweetie- well beaten fav in all 3 lifetime starts at Tampa, another that should be part of the race early but has shown to quit badly. Acting up in the gate could have hindered his chances in his last race as well. Trainer 1 for 2 in adding blinkers, another who is bred to relish the off going, using but def not confident in chances
:2: Spice So Nice- firster from a barn I know nothing about but Gone West over Deputy Minister looks great on an off track plus in looking at this female family I see its the same as Cal stallion Slew The Bride who is the grandsire of the super fast filly Show Me The Stage who also was from & linebred to this female family & I remember she was great on an off track. Works are nothing special but fits the profile of a playable longshot in a wide open weak md claimer.

Race 5 Single
:3: Formal Dannie- looks to be the main speed of the race & should clear these pretty easy. Solid connections with light weight bug boy & is 2 for 3 on an off track with a second. One to catch and beat.

Race 6 Single
:2: High Quail- the play in here with a move to the main track or run over a giving turf as the Tiznows (Tizdejavu & Tizaqueena) seem to love a turf with moisture in it.

Race 7 4 deep
:1: Chapel by the Sea- solid barn sends out this one that should be setting just off or on the lead early & right there throughout. He is proven on a sloppy track.
:6: Lookn Mighty Fast- Coming off a nice md win & def fits in here for half the price loses Leparoux to Motts horse but picks up the hot riding Theriot.
:4: Emma's Posse- the Mott horse that I think will be close. He looked to be in over his head in his last after a nice md 25k win
:2: Stratos- dropping into the claiming ranks for the first time. This one looked to have a future after his nice debut. Looks hit or miss to me but am including.

Race 8 two deep
This race would be dwindled down to 3 or 4 runners if taken off the turf I think in which case the :2: Fifty Five would be the horse to beat. I still kinda like the :6: My Happiness as well if he stayes. On a yielding turf I would have to rethink things in here but would like :4: Silver Mountain & again :6: My Happiness esp the later if the course has alot of give in it as I always like to play older horses on giving ground because its much better on them.

Race 9 two deep
:4: Jolly Ol' Nick- solid old hard knocker that ran one real nice race 3 back at OP, some of his others latley have been so so efforts but I think he may be set for an improvement with the change back to CD. I see him sitting 4th or 5th early & making a nice run late. He also has a soild career off track record.
:6: Mr Champ- dropping on down the class ladder. Its been a while sense he has won but has not been embarrassing himself latley against better. The drop may do the trick. He has never raced on an off track but is bred to handle it being by Mr Greeley.

The 5 and 6 singles were very good calls.