PDA

View Full Version : Mike Maloney Named VP Regulatory Affairs

DeanT
05-05-2009, 10:25 PM
HORSEPLAYERS ASSOCIATION OF NORTH AMERICA APPOINTS MIKE MALONEY AS VICE PRESIDENT, REGULATORY AFFAIRS

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

(Charlottesville, Virginia. May 5, 2009): The Horseplayers Association of North America (HANA) is pleased to announce that horseplayer Mike Maloney of Lexington, Kentucky has been appointed Vice President, Regulatory Affairs, of the growing organization.

Mike is well-known to most industry participants, having participated in several horse racing conferences as a panelist and speaker. He is perhaps most known for bringing to light the key issue of past posting at the Arizona Symposium on Racing & Gaming in 2007, where he showed that betting after the bell can and does happen. Most recently, Mike was featured as a speaker at the RCI conference in Lexington.

“We met Mike at Keeneland for HANA-Day for the very first time” says HANA President Jeff Platt, “and he meshed perfectly with the HANA board. His goals were our goals and personally we all got along wonderfully. Not soon after, we asked if he would be willing to join us in our work and we were thrilled he accepted. It is tremendous for HANA to have someone with Mike’s knowledge about wagering, wagering systems, and the problems associated with them aboard. We clearly have much work to do to address these important issues.”

"I'm pleased to join the HANA board," says Mike Maloney. "I look forward to helping improve security and integrity within the wagering pools and working with HANA on these vital issues."

HANA members would like to welcome Mike to the Board and we are excited to work with racing to help move it forward in 2009 and beyond.

For a web copy of this release please click here: http://blog.horseplayersassociation.org/2009/05/mike-maloney-named-vice-president.html

To contact HANA, please email info@hanaweb.org or alternatively you can use any of our first names, followed by @HANAweb.org.

To be removed from our press list please reply to this email with "remove" in the subject box.

The Horseplayers Association of North America is a grassroots group of horseplayers, not affiliated with any organization, who are not pleased with the direction the game has taken. HANA believes that both tracks and horseman groups have become bogged down with industry infighting and have completely forgotten something: The importance of the customer. HANA hopes, through proactive change on several key issues (including but not limited to), open signal access, lower effective takeouts, wagering integrity, affordable data and customer appreciation, the industry’s handle losses can be reversed. HANA is currently made up of over 1000 horseplayers (both harness and thoroughbred) from almost all states and Canadian provinces. It currently represents almost $50,000,000 of yearly racing handle.

Our web address is http://www.horseplayersassociation.org and interested horseplayers can sign up there for free. We are horseplayers, just like you and we are trying to make a difference. We need and appreciate your support.

-30-

andicap
05-06-2009, 05:36 AM
Excellent move and congrats Mike!

Quagmire
05-06-2009, 07:41 AM
Great choice. :ThmbUp:

RichieP
05-06-2009, 07:52 AM
Tremendous move! :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

DanG
05-06-2009, 09:32 AM
Yes!!! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

This is such a positive step forward; congratulations HANA and we will all benefit from have Mike on the team.

If you want to get Mike started on a subject close to his heart; mention “past-posting” and then fasten your seat belts.

DeanT
05-06-2009, 10:21 AM
Thanks fellas. We are getting the same response via email this morning.

There are so many respected horseplayers out there who can make a difference, and Mike is one of them (imo).

As an aside about horseplayers, at the recent conference in Canada there was a 28 or 30 year old guy named Kevin on a panel. He is from Florida. It turns out that he flew into Detroit on his own dime to come and present what it is like to be a horseplayer and what the execs need to do to get more of his type involved in racing. I don't know about you guys, but I do not think there is any business in the world where a customer would do that other than ours.

kenwoodallpromos
05-06-2009, 10:50 AM
Congrats!

stuball
05-10-2009, 04:26 PM
A class act all the way.....Hi Mike..enjoyed our visit tremendously.....Thanks

Stuball :ThmbUp:

boomman
05-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Yes!!! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

This is such a positive step forward; congratulations HANA and we will all benefit from have Mike on the team.

If you want to get Mike started on a subject close to his heart; mention “past-posting” and then fasten your seat belts.

DanG: Agree 100%! I had the pleasure of listening to and meeting Mike at the Symposium a few years ago, and as a large bettor himself, he clearly has a passion for doing whatever is in his power to assure wagerity security and integrity in our pools, one of the biggest issues for racing IMHO to tackle along with sophisticated drug testing if it is to carry onward.........My congratulations to HANA again for continuing on in such a positive direction, and I'm sure that Mike will be a solid addition to the Hana team!:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Boomer

Rapid Grey
05-11-2009, 12:46 AM
Mike is a great choice for this position, not afraid to pull punches and someone who will not simply be a yes man for the industry. Just don't let him pick the HANA pool race of the week.....he'll clean our clocks!

Cadillakin
05-29-2009, 10:24 AM
There used to be a Mike Maloney who wrote for one of the old magazines.. Turf and Sport Digest, or American Turf Monthly... He published the "2 pair" system which I still use on occasion.

Same guy?

DeanT
06-16-2009, 10:05 PM
I have been watching pretty closely the horses who break first, and what their odds do. Tonight, race 8 at MNR. 4 horse is 5-2 at the break, 5-2 offshore on the exchanges, so a legit 5-2. He breaks first, well ahead of the other speed horses. He ends up 6-5.