PDA

View Full Version : Belmont Plays May 6th

funkydj
05-05-2009, 10:10 PM
www.winatthehorses.com (http://www.winatthehorses.com/)

Belmont Plays May 6th, 2009
The week after the Kentucky Derby and I am sure most of us are going back to the drawing boards and trying to figure out why we didn't hit the winnings at Churchill. Sometimes, the unexplainable is best left at that. Just like in baseball, opportunities for redemption are just around the corner. It has rained off and on here in the NYC area, so stay in tune with how the track conditions are and if they change.

RACE 5 (Grass only picks)

Not the most potent bunch of characters in this claiming race. But we are going to go with two horses coming off extended layoffs. # 1A FAIRWAY DRIVE is trained by the cagey Carlos Martin who garners 28% for his horses coming off 90+ layoffs. Nabs the services of Ramon Dominguez and has a nice outside to operate from. # 7 AMENABLE may be on the last turn of his racing career. The 8 yo. nearly won the Red Bank G3 two years ago. Like the versatility of him if he is on his game. The lack of a win at a mile is a bit troubling.

PLAY: Win bet on # 1A at 3/1 and over. Win wager on # 7 at 5/1 and up.

RACE 9 (Grass or Dirt)

# 11 VERSE OF POETRY takes the biggest drop from maiden specials to maiden claimers. Nick Zito trained before and the filly hasn't shown much. But we think maturity and new handler John Terranova will make a difference. No knock on Nicky here as he is one of our faves. VERSE OF POETRY is suited to handle both soft turf and slop.

PLAY: Win/Place on # 11 at 5/1 and up.

Jinxed
05-05-2009, 11:15 PM
I'm not going into detail on each horse, but I'm playing just for the fun of it...
I'm doing boxed exactas on the turf races.

Race 4: 4-7-10
Race 5: 1-4-9
Race 7: 5-6-8
Race 9: 2-3-13

fmolf
05-05-2009, 11:43 PM
www.winatthehorses.com (http://www.winatthehorses.com/)

Belmont Plays May 6th, 2009
The week after the Kentucky Derby and I am sure most of us are going back to the drawing boards and trying to figure out why we didn't hit the winnings at Churchill. Sometimes, the unexplainable is best left at that. Just like in baseball, opportunities for redemption are just around the corner. It has rained off and on here in the NYC area, so stay in tune with how the track conditions are and if they change.

RACE 5 (Grass only picks)

Not the most potent bunch of characters in this claiming race. But we are going to go with two horses coming off extended layoffs. # 1A FAIRWAY DRIVE is trained by the cagey Carlos Martin who garners 28% for his horses coming off 90+ layoffs. Nabs the services of Ramon Dominguez and has a nice outside to operate from. # 7 AMENABLE may be on the last turn of his racing career. The 8 yo. nearly won the Red Bank G3 two years ago. Like the versatility of him if he is on his game. The lack of a win at a mile is a bit troubling.

PLAY: Win bet on # 1A at 3/1 and over. Win wager on # 7 at 5/1 and up.

RACE 9 (Grass or Dirt)

# 11 VERSE OF POETRY takes the biggest drop from maiden specials to maiden claimers. Nick Zito trained before and the filly hasn't shown much. But we think maturity and new handler John Terranova will make a difference. No knock on Nicky here as he is one of our faves. VERSE OF POETRY is suited to handle both soft turf and slop.

PLAY: Win/Place on # 11 at 5/1 and up.
i am playing a p3 beginning with 3rd race single....2/4,5,6,7/1,7,8,9...only if 4&5 are left on the turf .... it is still raining here at 11:45 pm tuesday night!

Marshall Bennett
05-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Early Pick 4 : 1,3,6 / 1,2,3 / 10,12 / 8,10 Late pick 4 : 4,8,10 / 9,10,11 / 1,2 / 1,2 @$36 each

Jinxed
05-06-2009, 04:24 PM
I handicapped for the turf, but apparently they didn't run on turf today. Too wet? Well, some of these horses were not meant for dirt..so so much for that one.