PDA

View Full Version : File Upload Feature With PTC?

InFront
05-05-2009, 08:59 PM
Does anyone use the File Upload feature at PTC? I am having a problem with sending it in today and have called the customer number with no answer all day. For example the text file will look like this:

2009-05-05,DEL,1,WIN,6,20.00,7/2,WHEEL
2009-05-05,DEL,6,WIN,6,20.00,5/1,WHEEL
2009-05-05,DEL,7,WIN,5,20.00,8/1,WHEEL
2009-05-05,DEL,8,WIN,4,20.00,5/2,WHEEL

These are basically Conditional Win bets each with a minimum odds setting. But when sending it get 0 valid records and 4 invalid records meaning no bets were actually sent in. According to PTC's instructions you suppost to use the word WHEEL even though it is a flat win bet. Any ideas here why this text file would not go in?

Celent
05-05-2009, 09:47 PM
From my upload file today:

2009-05-05,DLD,2,WIN,6,40.00,8.0,WHEEL
2009-05-05,FIM,6,WIN,1,40.00,8.0,WHEEL

Went through no problem. You need to use their track codes, the ones forced on PTC by the tote service.

Mike C

InFront
05-05-2009, 11:18 PM
Ok thanks I see now that was the problem. Some of their tracks use a different code from the track code that use with PTC for manual betting. That is very strange why they must use two different codes for the very same track, one for manual betting and one for file uploading betting.

InFront
05-05-2009, 11:28 PM
Also do you know if Queue bets work the same as Conditional bets as far as setting the MTP? In otherwords if I set MTP to 1:00 this is when it will check the tote and see if the bet qualifies or not. Cause on the site it mentions Conditional Bets use 1:00 MTP and not sure if that can be adjusted as well.

I very seldom use Conditional Bets but was dabbling with some lately. And it seems PTC doesn't have the Customer Service they use to have since Ian left.

Celent
05-06-2009, 01:14 PM
It was Ian who explained to me this was due to the tote system being written in the 60s! Hey, why update it if it works... lol

And yes, you set the MTP in your preferences for each track and it covers Conditional when uploaded by file as well.

Btw, you might want to have customer service email you the compete list of track codes since most are different for file upload.

Mike

InFront
05-06-2009, 02:56 PM
Thanks yes I emailed that request since now I see how most tracks have completely different codes for uploading vs live betting. Some tracks aren't even listed on their example code page on their site. Boy, someone there really needs to update it. But they still haven't even responded to my original email about the uploading problem I was having yesterday. Man, they need Ian back for customer support.

Celent
05-06-2009, 07:36 PM
I don't know why or how they lost Ian in the first place but it's clear they need him back asap.

CBedo
05-07-2009, 03:19 PM
I have had great support using the telephone (the few times I have called), but email support seems to be lacking. I sent them an email some time ago, and am still waiting for a response.

dvlander
05-07-2009, 05:53 PM
I have emailed PTC a couple times in the last three weeks and have received almost immediate responses both times.

On the other hand, I emailed YouBet about two weeks ago and I'm fairly certain they don't even check it - not even a peep of a response. I've had similar experiences with TwinSpires back when I used them a bit more often.

When will these entities learn that ignoring an email communication is no different than just not answering a phone call?

I used to run a web-based business for someone and I was adamant as a policy that emails be responded to within two hours during the window of regular business hours and in no case beyond 24 hours. It did wonders for repeat business because customers knew that their servicing issues would be taken care of in a prompt and responsive manner.

Of all the areas businesses have to scrimp, I don't know why they would ever understaff on a function that has such a catastrophic effect on the confidence level of your customers. Ignoring emails just screams out "I don't care what you are writing me about!"

Dale

jballscalls
05-07-2009, 07:48 PM
I emailed PTC a week ago, and not only did they respond right on time, but the CEO took me out for a hand tossed Caesar and Filet Mignon at El Gaucho. Customer Service at it's finest!!

CBedo
05-07-2009, 08:30 PM
I have had great support using the telephone (the few times I have called), but email support seems to be lacking. I sent them an email some time ago, and am still waiting for a response.
No sooner had I made this post, I checked my email and there was my response from PTC, from Dwayne (CEO). He answered all my questions. :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

turfnsport
05-07-2009, 09:28 PM
When will these entities learn that ignoring an email communication is no different than just not answering a phone call?
Dale

PTC has always had good customer service, at least for me.

Your post reminded me what happened a while back with Presque Isle. A week or two before their first meet I sent them an email asking them what the takeout rates would be...No response..

I sent a second and a third...nothing...

Why a new business would not respond to a new customer was mind boggling to me.

I still have not wagered a penny at PI, and probably never will.

Celent
05-07-2009, 11:57 PM
Generally speaking, email responses from PTC are always more reliable then YouBet. Sometimes I don't even get a response from them, other times it'll take a few days. So with YouBet I always call. PTC has always been quick to reply via email, whether it was Ian or now from CEO Dwayne. So I just use email instead of phone...

M

InFront
05-08-2009, 01:19 AM
Generally speaking, email responses from PTC are always more reliable then YouBet. Sometimes I don't even get a response from them, other times it'll take a few days. So with YouBet I always call. PTC has always been quick to reply via email, whether it was Ian or now from CEO Dwayne. So I just use email instead of phone...

M

Dwayne at PTC finally emailed me today with the complete track code list. It is a lot longer than I thought but at least now I know all the ITW Codes.

BillW
05-08-2009, 01:28 AM
PTC has always had good customer service, at least for me.

Your post reminded me what happened a while back with Presque Isle. A week or two before their first meet I sent them an email asking them what the takeout rates would be...No response..

I sent a second and a third...nothing...

Why a new business would not respond to a new customer was mind boggling to me.

I still have not wagered a penny at PI, and probably never will.

They could have been embarrased by them. :rolleyes:

17% WPS, 20% Exacta/double, 26% Tri, 29% super, 26% pk-3

DeanT
05-23-2009, 01:58 PM
I think they should pay CJ to upload his figs. Saturday's are still not up yet. I do have a lot of winners looking at yesterday's tho.

cj
05-23-2009, 02:47 PM
They were available to them, not sure why they aren't posted.

DeanT
05-23-2009, 02:53 PM
I know it aint your fault young feller. Saturday is a big day for racing. They should have them up early in the morning, imo.

cj
05-23-2009, 03:02 PM
Here are all of Saturday's figures (http://www.pacefigures.com/0523.zip) since they didn't post them.

DeanT
05-23-2009, 03:03 PM
thanks dude!!!