PDA

View Full Version : Belmont via JFK advice

W2G
05-05-2009, 08:51 PM
ATTN: NYC locals

Is this an "easy" train ride on Belmont day? How long would it take? I would be arriving JFK AM and leaving JFK late evening.

Thanks

fmolf
05-05-2009, 09:02 PM
ATTN: NYC locals

Is this an "easy" train ride on Belmont day? How long would it take? I would be arriving JFK AM and leaving JFK late evening.

Thanksi believe you can take the airtrain from your terminal at jfk to jamaica center(10mins)and then get on a bus provided by nyra(20 min ride to belmont)or you take the same air train from your terminal to jamaica station of the long island railroad,one stop past jamaica center...then take LIRR "belmont special" 15 minutes and your at the track...or take a cab ride about 25 mins and 50 dollars(make sure you negotiate the price ahead of schedule....belmont is my favorite track i grew up a few miles east down hempstead turnpike from big sandy....good luck....call belmont oft times they arrange special transportation deals on belmont day

samyn on the green
05-05-2009, 10:53 PM
Yeah it will be fast and easy to take the train. Just take the JFK AIRTRAIN from your terminal to Jamaica station. Then from Jamiaca buy a ticket to Belmont Park and take the LIRR to Belmont Park. The track is one station away and 7 mins away. The train pulls right up to the grandstand.

W2G
05-05-2009, 11:40 PM
fmolf and samyn- Thanks for the detailed advice. Sure seems easy enough. Appreciate it.

fmolf
05-05-2009, 11:46 PM
fmolf and samyn- Thanks for the detailed advice. Sure seems easy enough. Appreciate it.
your welcome...it is easy the bus i believe is only during the week i did some research on mta website.....belmont special used to run evryday now it is just on the weekends and bus replaces it during the week only.....the train is called the belmont special...enjoy the day

richrosa
05-07-2009, 10:50 AM
If you call one of the Elmont cab companies to come pick you up at JFK it couldn't cost more than $30. Its no more than 5 miles tops.

The train will take forever!! Cab takes 10 minutes tops.