:cool:

BREAKING SPORTS NEWS: Borel to appear on Sports Illustrated cover

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20090505/SPORTS/90505034

Relwob Owner
05-05-2009, 04:15 PM

Wow. NBA Playoffs, Baseball in full swing, NHL Playoffs, Tiger is back and horse racing on the cover....very cool

ghostyapper
05-05-2009, 04:17 PM
I sure hope they will give the horse more credit than they did during the derby telecast making it all about borel.

sonnyp
05-05-2009, 04:18 PM
if this doesn't get him beat ........nothing will !!!!!!!

Relwob Owner
05-05-2009, 04:20 PM
I sure hope they will give the horse more credit than they did during the derby telecast making it all about borel.

Man, do I agree with that statement....love Borel, loved the ride but I have never seen a jock get so much credit for a win of 6 plus lengths....

Quagmire
05-05-2009, 05:04 PM
Nice shot.

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/bozich/uploaded_images/sicoverboy-716370.jpg

Grits
05-05-2009, 05:38 PM
Wow. NBA Playoffs, Baseball in full swing, NHL Playoffs, Tiger is back and horse racing on the cover....very cool

Speaking of advertising . . . . the sport could not benefit more--than by this cover. Maybe this'll rattle a few cages and garner a bit of new interest.

This particular boxcar Derby win, though, could create new players who could be likened to contestants on Wheel Of Fortune spinning the wheel yelling, "BIG MONEY, BIG MONEY." As we know, it seldom works out this way.

Still, either way, we'll take any interests, any new fans, players, we can get at this point.

And yes, I was beyond pleased for MTB and the "toothless--not the sharpest crayon in the box" who rode him. The one who did the same 24 hours earlier on Rachel Alexandra, and also two years ago on Street Sense. Not to mention, all rides in between.

The one who, if my calculations are correct, made more money in 6'nchange minutes than the majority of posters on this messageboard made, quite possibly, in the last damn 6 years. Taking hourly or salaried wages into account, prorated by minute, etc, etc.

What a small and poor conclusion to draw about one who has done so well.:faint:

CryingForTheHorses
05-05-2009, 05:39 PM

Talk about giving new and old owners hope when they buy at the sales,I think its great for racing and gives the fans and bettors something in racing to look forward to.Also great for the small time owners and trainers,Gives you a lift knowing nothing is impossible.Here is a horse that came to Kentucky in a cab and left in a limousine...What a great win!!

cj's dad
05-05-2009, 05:45 PM

somehow, I think that this newfound interest in T'bred racing may just have something to do with the efoorts of HANA !! Hope I am right !!

Relwob Owner
05-05-2009, 05:51 PM
Speaking of advertising . . . . the sport could not benefit more--than by this cover. Maybe this'll rattle a few cages and garner a bit of new interest.

This particular boxcar Derby win, though, could create new players who could be likened to contestants on Wheel Of Fortune spinning the wheel yelling, "BIG MONEY, BIG MONEY." As we know, it seldom works out this way.

Still, either way, we'll take any interests, any new fans, players, we can get at this point.

And yes, I was beyond pleased for MTB and the "toothless--not the sharpest crayon in the box" who rode him. The one who did the same 24 hours earlier on Rachel Alexandra, and also two years ago on Street Sense. Not to mention, all rides in between.

The one who, if my calculations are correct, made more money in 6'nchange minutes than the majority of posters on this messageboard made, quite possibly, in the last damn 6 years. Taking hourly or salaried wages into account, prorated by minute, etc, etc.

What a small and poor conclusion to draw about one who has done so well.:faint:

I remember that post and while I dont think it was intended as poorly as it came off...ugh

rastajenk
05-06-2009, 08:24 AM
if this doesn't get him beat ........nothing will !!!!!!!
The Jinx is alive and well. There will be no Triple Crown this year.

joanied
05-06-2009, 12:17 PM
I nearly fell over when I read about SI...hell, even Big Brown didn't make the cover after his Derby...this is fantastic:jump: .
I read a little about what the SI article will be...and unless they decide to toss in some negative crap to ruin it...should be a great read and for sure do racing a lot of good...and I hope the momentum continues to build...this is a wonderful opportunity to garner new fans...I hope 'they' don't drop the ball on this one.
Bo-Rail...thanks :ThmbUp: for a job well done:ThmbUp: ....and in my heart, I hope so much Calvin & The Bird can pull off the Preakness...this is such wonderful stuff, I don't want it to end:jump:

Watcher
05-06-2009, 07:23 PM
Here's the article:

http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1155344/index.htm

Stevie Belmont
05-07-2009, 12:08 PM
Jinx's are for the Bird's....

sonnyp
05-08-2009, 02:52 PM
Jinx's are for the Bird's....

what about the jinx now ????