PDA

View Full Version : Youbet.com and Firefox Issue

usafsso
05-05-2009, 12:25 PM
Is anyone having problems getting Youbet to load in Firefox. The login page is fine, once I log in it locks up on the "Loading Youbet Express" screen, soon after I get a system pop up screen saying there was a system time out. It loads fine in IE. Just wondering if anyone is experiencing the same thing.

startngate
05-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Three quick questions.

Has it worked for you before?
Did you just get the upgrade to v3.0.10 (it just came out)?
Have you updated any other software on your system?

If it has worked for you previously and Mozilla has updated itself to v3.0.10 then I would guess YouBet has some compatibility issues. You would need to call YouBet to report the issue.

If everything on your PC is the same since the last time you successfully used it for YouBet, then I'd call YouBet here too. They might have updated their software and broken somthing in the process that only affects Mozilla.

If you upgraded some other piece of software, or Windows itself since it last worked, then I would do a system restore to back before the updates and see if that fixes it.

If it's never worked, then you might need an ActiveX plugin for Mozilla if it's not already installed, or you might have a security setting in Mozilla that's preventing the YouBet software from loading. I haven't used YouBet for a long time, but it used to be heavily dependant on ActiveX controls. Might not be the case now, but it is something to check.

DanG
05-05-2009, 01:55 PM
If it's never worked, then you might need an ActiveX plugin for Mozilla if it's not already installed, or you might have a security setting in Mozilla that's preventing the YouBet software from loading. I haven't used YouBet for a long time, but it used to be heavily dependant on ActiveX controls. Might not be the case now, but it is something to check.
Piggybacking on StartnGates good advice;

The ‘Active-X issue is normally the case. Jim [NJCurveball] gave me an idea when I was having problems and it fixed the active X issues.

Go to a free link of Youbet.net through Firefox (“.net” only) and log on there or sign up for a new account. Whatever blocked the necessary active X controls through Youbet.com (“.com”), often comes through with .net. Be sure to allow pop-ups etc and install whatever the prompts suggest.

Restart your computer and log on your normal way with .com and hope for the best.

Good luck!