PDA

View Full Version : Goverment Motors

ArlJim78
05-04-2009, 05:39 PM
not much faith in the coalition of losers, oops, I mean the joint UAW/USGuv/Fiat automobile venture. According to Rassmussen (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/business/auto_industry/only_18_say_uaw_government_will_do_good_job_runnin g_gm_chrysler) only 18% think they will do a good job running auto companies, and 47% think they will do a poor job.

70% oppose any additional bailout funds going to the auto co's, but of course that is exactly what is going to keep happening.

One big issue, only 25% say they would buy a car from this "company".

not surprisingly, there are far fewer doubters amongst government workers than in the private sector.
"Government workers are more confident that a return to profitability is possible, compared to those who work in the private sector. Similarly, while 54% of those employed by private companies think the government and UAW will do a bad job of running the automakers, only 39% of government employees agree."

the people that can't keep track of the whereabouts of the presidents planes are going to head up the task of making small fuel efficient cars in the US using the UAW and make a profit?:rolleyes:

Bubba X
05-04-2009, 05:54 PM
Ford stock is probably as good a bet forward as it has been for a few months. The F-series is still going strong and I rented a Fusion for a couple days last week. Nice car.

GM or Chrysler, one of them are probably doomed.

ArlJim78
05-04-2009, 06:05 PM
I've been hearing some great things about the Fusion. I hope Ford recovers and gets healthy and can stay independent.

Pace Cap'n
05-04-2009, 08:25 PM
Everybody knows what FIAT stands for, right?

"Fix It Again, Tony."