PDA

View Full Version : Derby/Cheap Sunglasses

Cholly
05-04-2009, 11:38 AM
When I say cheap, I’m talking about the sunglass wearer, not the price tag on the glasses. What is it about trainers and owners of horses that they can’t doff their shades for 30 seconds while being interviewed on national TV? Didn’t their Mothers teach them anything about showing some class?

And this was on a cloudy day, for chris’sakes! The winner’s trainer mugging on TV in his “Bad-Boy” shades spoke more of professional wrestling than a real sport. Here’s the entire list of people who wear sunglasses on TV:

Used Car Salesmen
Washed-up movie actors
Drug dealers doing the perp-walk
Horse Owners & Trainers

C’mon, people—get a clue!

DJofSD
05-04-2009, 12:09 PM
Good point though I think some/most/all of the "offenders" are probably really wrapped up in the moment.

Fingal
05-04-2009, 12:31 PM
As to most of them, I agree. It's a case of trying to look cooler than the " other " people. When it comes to Bob Baffert, he gets a pass. He always wears shades for a reason- If you've ever seen him without them, you'll know why. He's got a serious case of Raccoon Eyes.

JustRalph
05-04-2009, 02:51 PM
There is some very serious study out there on the effect of wearing sunglasses as part of an overall image to be projected.

Michael Jackson was one of those who started the "fad" Many PR people in Hollywood tell their clients to use them and to always have them on when on camera. They take away from facial expressions that may reveal to the viewer something different than what the celebrity is trying to convey verbally. In other words.........it's easier to lie........ :lol:

I have taken a few classes on body language of the years and people wearing the dark glasses are harder to read because you can't see their eyes........

There are many reasons for different types to do it. But the prevailing wisdom is, if you are going to be on camera........wear them..........