PDA

View Full Version : MINE THAT BIRD similiar to 1991 Arazi

DALLIEDOG
05-04-2009, 11:33 AM
Arazi won the 1991 Breeder's Cup Juvenile at Chruchill in a similiar manner with a freakish move -both horses were running like they were scared and frightened of something and remember Arazi never ran like that again.. Comments .........

redshift1
05-04-2009, 01:55 PM
Arazi way better than MTB. He was never completely sound as a three year old.

DJofSD
05-04-2009, 02:06 PM
As I remember Arazi's move, he looped the field on the far turn, showing huge acceleration then leaving race horses running a good honest pace in his dust.

Saturday's running of the KY Derby on an off track does not offer the same basis for comparison, IMO. I think MTB was able to dominate a field of horses only because of circumstances. Some of the other runners were suspect to begin with while others just did not get a surface they liked.

MTB won, true enough. Let's see how he does the rest of the year and let's see how the rest of the runner's perform down the road.

andymays
05-04-2009, 02:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZThquH5t0ow

The Bird is the word!

DJofSD
05-04-2009, 03:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZThquH5t0ow

The Bird is the word!
Kool. Now, where's the Purple People Eater? :)

DALLIEDOG
05-04-2009, 03:59 PM
As I remember Arazi's move, he looped the field on the far turn, showing huge acceleration then leaving race horses running a good honest pace in his dust.

Saturday's running of the KY Derby on an off track does not offer the same basis for comparison, IMO. I think MTB was able to dominate a field of horses only because of circumstances. Some of the other runners were suspect to begin with while others just did not get a surface they liked.

MTB won, true enough. Let's see how he does the rest of the year and let's see how the rest of the runner's perform down the road.

MTB won in a freakish manner and was like Arazi in that the move was spectacular and never to be repeated. PERIOD where that race came from is beyond belief and if you had MTB to Win it wasn't enough.

point given
05-04-2009, 04:12 PM
MTB won in a freakish manner and was like Arazi in that the move was spectacular and never to be repeated. PERIOD where that race came from is beyond belief and if you had MTB to Win it wasn't enough.
How can you say it will never be repeated when it was a "street sense" ride , as Calvin Borel said after the race. And Dunkirks Florida Derby kind of reminded me of an Arazi move in the BC, but that happens every so often when a horse in peak condition loops the field.

DALLIEDOG
05-04-2009, 04:44 PM
How can you say it will never be repeated when it was a "street sense" ride , as Calvin Borel said after the race. And Dunkirks Florida Derby kind of reminded me of an Arazi move in the BC, but that happens every so often when a horse in peak condition loops the field.

IMO this was a long sustained run from a horse that was totally unexpected (rounding into form ???) I guess you'll only get double digit odds in the Preakness and I will eat crow -

rjorio
05-04-2009, 04:58 PM
I AM LOOKING FOR A FRESH FACE TO WIN THE PREAKNESS. IS THERE A FAST ONE OUT THERE WHO IS HEALTHY?

DALLIEDOG
05-04-2009, 05:38 PM
I AM LOOKING FOR A FRESH FACE TO WIN THE PREAKNESS. IS THERE A FAST ONE OUT THERE WHO IS HEALTHY?

Mr. Fantasy

freehouse2002
05-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Wasn't Big Drama being pointed to the Preakness?

freehouse2002

Relwob Owner
05-04-2009, 08:14 PM
Mr. Fantasy

I would be careful there....that is a talented but really high strung horse and I think thathe may not be able to handle all the hooplah

Dahoss9698
05-04-2009, 08:17 PM
I would be careful there....that is a talented but really high strung horse and I think thathe may not be able to handle all the hooplah

Or the distance.

Relwob Owner
05-04-2009, 08:22 PM
Or the distance.

yep, that too.....by the way, I have adjusted my analysis of the rail bias from Saturday and it is now 98 percent there was one and 2 percent there wasnt...gotta keep myself in the game....

That being said, if the 98 percent was accurate, how do three of the better jocks in the country all go wide??? Amazing....

Dahoss9698
05-04-2009, 08:35 PM
yep, that too.....by the way, I have adjusted my analysis of the rail bias from Saturday and it is now 98 percent there was one and 2 percent there wasnt...gotta keep myself in the game....

That being said, if the 98 percent was accurate, how do three of the better jocks in the country all go wide??? Amazing....

They aren't paid to think, that's for sure.

Bettowin
05-04-2009, 10:15 PM
That might be the first and last run like that we see out of Mine That Bird but I predict we will continue to see such runs out of Birdstone babies. Gotta keep an eye out for them stretching out especially against speedy fields and suspect runners. I just figure this time around it would be Summer Bird.

eastie
05-05-2009, 01:52 AM
I heard they ran out of money paying out patrons of Sunland Park. I guess the cat was out of the bag in New Mexico, but they kept it to themselves, They should make a movie about it.

KirisClown
05-05-2009, 02:27 AM
Arazi was more impressive, he ran away from a pretty nice horse that day... Bertrando would have destroyed Mine That Bird.. especially on an off track.

Pell Mell
05-05-2009, 10:35 AM
That might be the first and last run like that we see out of Mine That Bird but I predict we will continue to see such runs out of Birdstone babies. Gotta keep an eye out for them stretching out especially against speedy fields and suspect runners. I just figure this time around it would be Summer Bird.

The mistake of most; Placing too much importance on the immediate sire and not enough on line and inbreeding.

GaryG
05-05-2009, 12:16 PM
Arazi won the 1991 Breeder's Cup Juvenile at Chruchill in a similiar manner with a freakish move -both horses were running like they were scared and frightened of something and remember Arazi never ran like that again.. Comments .........Arazi was very impressive winning a G2 stakes at Longchamp just prior to running in the 1992 BC. He was favored in 12 of his 14 starts and was never more than 9-5. Arazi and Bird are polar opposites.

46zilzal
05-05-2009, 12:31 PM
Arazis move was anything but freakish, just reminiscent of the grass type training he had been tutored to run.

PaceAdvantage
05-05-2009, 10:32 PM
Arazis move was anything but freakish, just reminiscent of the grass type training he had been tutored to run.His move reminded me nothing of a grass horse. How so with you?