PDA

View Full Version : ESPN says he's in.....now what ?

sonnyp
05-04-2009, 11:03 AM
ESPN just announced MTB is "officially" going to the preakness.

who else will show up ?

who will win ?

jballscalls
05-04-2009, 12:24 PM
i'm actually really pulling for this horse now, it may not be realistic, but how cool would it be if he really is as good as his last race!

46zilzal
05-04-2009, 12:25 PM
This one will have a lot of company for sure.

redshift1
05-04-2009, 01:37 PM
Handicapping the Preakness I'm going to throw out the Derby and pretend it never happened.

fmolf
05-04-2009, 02:47 PM
Handicapping the Preakness I'm going to throw out the Derby and pretend it never happened.
i agree this horse is ready for a bounce and i hope to capitalize on it if the people make him the favorite!...i doubt they will....kelly leak should enter he was the winner of the sunland derby .....i hope their is a quality field that's all...and let the chips fall where they may!

andymays
05-04-2009, 02:53 PM
Everyone tells me the "Bird" is the word!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZThquH5t0ow

ghostyapper
05-04-2009, 04:49 PM
i agree this horse is ready for a bounce and i hope to capitalize on it if the people make him the favorite!...i doubt they will....kelly leak should enter he was the winner of the sunland derby .....i hope their is a quality field that's all...and let the chips fall where they may!

Normally I'd agree but what recent history has shown us is the derby winner that runs a big race still holds the same form (or better) for the preakness. The short 2 weeks might actually work in the horses favor maintaining his form.

Funny Cide
Smarty Jones
Street Sense

All big derby winners than ran big in the preakness as well

SmartyLane
05-04-2009, 04:50 PM
Big Drama
Mr. Fantasy
Papa Clem
General Quarters
Mine that Bird
POTN possibly............should be a pretty good field.

ghostyapper
05-04-2009, 04:53 PM
Big Drama
Mr. Fantasy
Papa Clem
General Quarters
Mine that Bird
POTN possibly............should be a pretty good field.

I think I heard POTN was being shipped back to cali and would stay there.

dvlander
05-04-2009, 05:53 PM
Any guesses on a morning line for MTB? Depending on the size of the field, I can't imagine he's be less than 6-1 under any circumstances.

Dale

ghostyapper
05-04-2009, 07:21 PM
Any guesses on a morning line for MTB? Depending on the size of the field, I can't imagine he's be less than 6-1 under any circumstances.

Dale

People like to bet winners. Even Giacomo was 6-1 in a 14 horse field after winning the derby in a photo from the speed duel. I say 5-1 for MTB

big frank
05-04-2009, 09:05 PM
Big Drama
Mr. Fantasy
Papa Clem
General Quarters
Mine that Bird
POTN possibly............should be a pretty good field. That is a good field ??? looks like a grade 3 race to me

Alyblakester
05-04-2009, 09:23 PM
Delta Jackpot winner Big Drama is fresh and ready to go again. They won't catch him!

uncbossfan
05-04-2009, 09:42 PM
HULL - will be a perfect 4/4 after the Preakness.

toussaud
05-04-2009, 10:04 PM
i'm gonig to predidct that not only does MTB win, he does it EASIER with all the newfound speed horses in the preakness.

macguy
05-04-2009, 11:11 PM
I'm going with the Mine that Bird/General Quarters exacta. :)

Valuist
05-04-2009, 11:42 PM
Looks like the race is loaded with speed but I'm gonna guess the riders aren't going to open up the rail for Borel. 2 years ago after Borel's rail ride on Street Sense, they made sure they didn't leave it open. Street Sense had to go around horses and lost the photo to Curlin.

toussaud
05-05-2009, 09:01 AM
Looks like the race is loaded with speed but I'm gonna guess the riders aren't going to open up the rail for Borel. 2 years ago after Borel's rail ride on Street Sense, they made sure they didn't leave it open. Street Sense had to go around horses and lost the photo to Curlin.

curlin had to damn near break a stakes record to beat street sense that day. street sense ran a race that would have won 98 of 100 preaknesses, you can't fault borel for that race