PDA

View Full Version : MIne That Bird

NY BRED
05-04-2009, 04:39 AM
I'm still attempting to figure the connections and the path to the Derby win.

Two owners from New Mexico listen to Mr Wooley who is touting them to buy
MTB, an original 9.500 purchase for 400k, who won 300k in Canada
on synthetic .The owner(or Trainer) agrees to sell this horse for the
400k(now up 693,000 minus expenses), and the horse runs once at
SA and gets its ass kicked in a Grade 1.

Oh yes, the Wooley has the credntials to make such a recommendation
based upon his training record(2 wins since 2007).

So now the plan is, let's just beat up the competition in Sunland
so we can recoup our money???

The horse runs slightly better speed #'s and still loses, so, due to the
winnings in Canada gets into the Derby and this crew gets Borel??

And, just to add spice, the entire 1-2 path is wide open in the stretch
which I can't ever recall seeing at a track that clearly favored the inside path
for all the races leading up to the Derby.

Frankly, if I saw this picture in the movies I'd chuckle, but right now
I'm stunned .

PaceAdvantage
05-04-2009, 05:30 AM
I suppose when Mine that Bird got crushed at the start between two other rivals, that was also part of the conspiracy along with the wide open rail...:rolleyes:

samyn on the green
05-04-2009, 05:45 AM
Roswell New Mexico (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roswell_UFO_Incident) is all you need to know if you are having trouble figuring out this derby. This unlikely winner can only be explained in extraterrestrial terms.

The real Mine The Bird was loaded on a space ship sometime after the Sunland Derby and sent away to be dinner for the little gray people in the sky. After the Sunland Derby the new genetically mastered new Mine That Bird from the planet Absurdatron was tendered from the space ship at Roswell UFO air base and entered into training with Chip Wolley. His real owner is the chief ruler of Absurdatron, Obombo Absurdatron Martiantoum Al Martiantoum. Now that the Roswell connection (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&oi=news_result&ct=res&cd=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nydailynews.com%2Fsports%2Fmo re_sports%2F2009%2F05%2F02%2F2009-05-02_mine_the_bird_makes_dream_a_reality_for_owners_ at_kentucky_derby_.html&ei=_rj-SYW-MuewtgfLxI2jDQ&usg=AFQjCNG89UbDZBThQRiuHE1vJtMZJiN8ig&sig2=2J0pDb_nrhmll7WgyQUqTw) has been exposed the race now makes total sense.

depalma113
05-04-2009, 08:23 AM
I thought the owners owned Storm Bird's half brother, so they kind of liked teh breeding and after they bought Mine That Bird they sent him to Mandella.

Relwob Owner
05-04-2009, 08:28 AM

which I can't ever recall seeing at a track that clearly favored the inside path

I'm stunned .

Just accept the fact that there is little explanation for it....they are horses....also, the argument that somehow jocks are involved and are leaving the rail open on purpose is 1000000% absurd and like I said in another thread weakens an already weak, speculative argument....

Relwob Owner
05-04-2009, 08:38 AM

I'm stunned .

Also, when something like this happens, sometimes it is effective to look at what they did differently that may have contributed to the huge improvement....with MTB, that is pretty clear...this is the first time with these connections that the horse was allowed to relax way back and make one big move....In the two Sunland races, he was closer up to pretty quick paces......not redboarding at all because I am just looking after the fact at what may have changed and that could be one thing to look at....

fmolf
05-04-2009, 08:39 AM
Just accept the fact that there is little explanation for it....they are horses....also, the argument that somehow jocks are involved and are leaving the rail open on purpose is 1000000% absurd and like I said in another thread weakens an already weak, speculative argument....
i still think that most of the jocks are afraid to get down on the rail for fear of getting totally blocked and losing any chance they have

Pell Mell
05-04-2009, 10:14 AM
i still think that most of the jocks are afraid to get down on the rail for fear of getting totally blocked and losing any chance they have:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

matthewsiv
05-04-2009, 10:29 AM
I thought the owners owned Storm Bird's half brother, so they kind of liked teh breeding and after they bought Mine That Bird they sent him to Mandella.
:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

BUD
05-04-2009, 11:06 AM
This is soo sureal after all the hoopla that went down in the UK with Mon Mome in The Grand National last month-

My Brit friend emailed just this Morn' and said you Blokes you always try to one up us:cool: Figured I'd be a wise @$$ tell him I had MTB 3 different ways---Email came back promptly---Liar the Shiek had all the winning tickets whattya think he was doing there??---Routing for His Horses!!

Mon Mome should be My Homie and he strikes again-:eek:

The last 2 Triple crown results in reverse $103 winner for the Derby
The Belmont a $79 winner

Thank God for Philly Park!!..On Mondays!!

Light
05-04-2009, 12:13 PM
MTB reminds me alot of Street Sense. If you look at his PP's (link at bottom),you'll see he made the same dramatic improvement in his Beyers with Bo-Rail as MTB. Until his BC race,his highest Beyer was an 87. So in the BC he goes off at 15-1 and wins by 10 with an 108 Beyer. An unexplainable 21 point improvement. Where's the bitchin? How can that be? Remember Giocomo? How soon people forget.I could say it till I'm blue in the face and my words will fall on deaf ears. 3YO's are different and shouldn't even be racing. And technically speaking MTB is actually a 2yo! May 10 BD.

http://www.drf.com/tc/preakness/2007/pps/contenders_pps.pdf

PaceAdvantage
05-04-2009, 04:41 PM
Plus, this was only his THIRD start of the year, and FIRST since March 29. There was NO way you could have this horse as a TOP pick (or SECOND or THIRD or FOURTH...maybe SIXTH....MAYBE), but there are PLENTY of ways to redboard him afterwards.

Off track.
New Jockey.
Perfect Trip w/ fast pace.
Still a 2yo.
Only two starts this year.
Likes to win.
Canadian 2yo champ.

Like I said, this isn't some horse who just broke his maiden...I don't know why everyone can't simply rationalize this one away as a very well hidden horse who jumped up and ran his best race under the best circumstances.

It happens. Simple as that.

toetoe
05-04-2009, 05:19 PM

Wait a minute --- Nelson Mandela ? Wow, this IS gettin' weird.

fmolf
05-04-2009, 05:25 PM
Plus, this was only his THIRD start of the year, and FIRST since March 29. There was NO way you could have this horse as a TOP pick (or SECOND or THIRD or FOURTH...maybe SIXTH....MAYBE), but there are PLENTY of ways to redboard him afterwards.

Off track.
New Jockey.
Perfect Trip w/ fast pace.
Still a 2yo.
Only two starts this year.
Likes to win.
Canadian 2yo champ.

Like I said, this isn't some horse who just broke his maiden...I don't know why everyone can't simply rationalize this one away as a very well hidden horse who jumped up and ran his best race under the best circumstances.

It happens. Simple as that.
the perfect storm in racing parlance...any one of the above items does not happen including "borail" completely missing the break with the horse getting pinched bac so his only recourse was to hang back... then the rail parted again... like the red sea(aka street sense) and he wins going away....his beyers were still those of an N1X alw runner though!

NY BRED
05-04-2009, 08:44 PM
[QUOTE=samyn on the green]Roswell New Mexico (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roswell_UFO_Incident) is all you need to know if you are having trouble figuring out this derby. This unlikely winner can only be explained in extraterrestrial terms.

Perhaps the "grass" or weeds helped as well ? :jump:

Bruddah
05-04-2009, 09:22 PM
i still think that most of the jocks are afraid to get down on the rail for fear of getting totally blocked and losing any chance they have

Most Jocks would have never attempted the last move Calvin made with the horse. For any other rider there was no room for the horse to squeeze by on the rail. However, the move has been patented and done many times by the Master, Calvin Bo-Rail. My hats off and full of admiration for the little Cajun. He gave the little horse every chance to win and the horse did it. :ThmbUp:

Norm
05-04-2009, 10:02 PM
Here's an interesting quote from Cris Decarlo who was riding the horse that Calvin squeezed past on the rail :

" My horse got tired and started to drift to the right. He was able to get his horse's head and shoulder in there and nudge my horse out of the way. I wouldn't have gone through there. If my horse takes a step to the left, it's a major catastrophe."

Show Me the Wire
05-05-2009, 11:44 AM
That is the exact point. The jock may want to make the move, but how many times will the horse refuse, shy or at the least hesitate. Horses generally do not like tight quarters. Mine That Bird went right through without hesitation. My hat is off to the horse, as well as, Borel.