PDA

View Full Version : Any Derby Superfecta winners?

MzDucat
05-04-2009, 01:12 AM
Was anyone around anybody who hit the Derby Superfecta or were they all made off shore? One guy claims there were 23 winners. Equibase says the pool was 8,073,986.00. Tracks in NY only took dollar supers-no ten cent wonders. Just wondering if anyone knows how many were on track, or any way to figure out if one locale had a disproportunate number of cashers. I contacted IRS clerks at 5 big locales and no one seems to have had one.
Unusual not to have heard at least one great story.

46zilzal
05-04-2009, 01:21 AM
In the winner's circle, I overheard our general manager talking about a difficult payout Saturday. Usually this is a patron who is giving the place a hard time, but I found out it was because he wanted CASH and not a check. Since we did not have any ENORMOUS payouts on course yesterday , I wondered just what this was.

Today one of the security guards filled me in: we had a single superperfecta winner on the Derby and there was a fear if paid out, there would be a significant "pinch" on liquidity.

As of yet I don't know all the details of the payout, but I an going to talk to J. this week (mutuels manger) to find out how this was rectified.

MzDucat
05-04-2009, 02:08 AM
Thanks for the reply. When Prarie Bayou broke his cannon bone in the Derby I had a guy who had 27 $1 tickets at $5,555 each plus huge exacta, double, and win bets. His table was screaming because they all had a little piece too. The whale just looked at me, quick thumbs up and a little wave.

My mutuel head had no idea of the action on track. My whale 267,000 after taxes. Four table buddies about 40,000 each. Worked several hours to get the money together. Boss almost wet himself because they refused checks.

Paid them the next morning and couldn't get the damn guards to stop pointing them out. They left early afraid they would be robbed.

MzDucat
05-06-2009, 01:14 AM
So...several days after the derby and only one subscriber heard of a winnning big ticket on a stateside location. Eight years ago we could track at least the majority of the locales of the big "wild bet" cashers. Now we don't notice who takes the money and what venues the money exited our pools.

Please guys-don't focus on guys doping a horse. Learn to watch who took the money y'all didn't get. Genuine winnners always took a strut walk-well earned and frequently overdo. Pray every day you cuties are just that winnner.

The Hawk
05-06-2009, 08:58 AM
There was a guy a few boxes over from me in the clubhouse at CD who had the super. Boxed 5 horses (not sure who the 5th horse was ) for $120.

witchdoctor
05-06-2009, 11:52 AM
There was a guy a few boxes over from me in the clubhouse at CD who had the super. Boxed 5 horses (not sure who the 5th horse was ) for $120.
Friesen Fire

The Hawk
05-06-2009, 02:08 PM
Was that you?

46zilzal
05-06-2009, 02:10 PM
So...several days after the derby and only one subscriber heard of a winnning big ticket on a stateside location.
Was NOT in the U.S., British Columbia

Hajck Hillstrom
05-06-2009, 02:52 PM
....this morning about a fella named Bowen Wallace from Tilden that hit the Super. Biggest previous hit was $1,900.