PDA

View Full Version : Durkin's Call Network Coverage

Golf and Horses
05-03-2009, 10:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjY-rrAoTl8
Durkin is so shocked that he briefly stumbles for the name. Gotta love Borel's reaction! Nice overhead shots too.

OFFandRUNNING10
05-03-2009, 10:13 PM
hes like "who is that" haha that was great... durkin normally has fantastic calls but i have to say he really wasnt on his game today. he got tripped up and stumpled his way through most of the call... normally he can rattle through the names like nothing if you look at past calls...most of the time its rather amazing how he can pick out the horses in the right order and get them right.

Jinxed
05-03-2009, 10:57 PM
The Bird was in the lead and Durkin didn't even notice. He was focused on the horses behind him (the favorites) and it took him a minute to even recognize the 8 horse. Too funny.

FantasticDan
05-04-2009, 12:53 AM
It certainly wasn't Durkin's finest hour. Bird was already three lengths in front on his way home and Durkin hadn't even mentioned his name yet.. he was still talking about the horses left in Bird's dust. I was all, "WTF is going on? Who the hell is that?!?" :D

joanied
05-04-2009, 11:58 AM
I'm a huge Durkin fan...but he sure did have some problems in calling this one...I also noticed he was having trouble calling the names down the backstretch...and then didn't notice the Bird...
but no Derby call was worse than Chic Anderson's call of Foolish Pleasure's Derby win:mad: bad, Chic...bad!!!

JPinMaryland
05-04-2009, 11:18 PM
It actually was just as bad as that Chic Anderson call, by at least one measure: Durkin didnt get the winner's name until just a few strides before the finish line. Same as Anderson. Granted Durkin didnt miscall the leader but he didnt get the winner until just before he crossed. Bad.