PDA

View Full Version : Turf Paradise's Frank Mirahmadi

Mineshaft
05-03-2009, 08:13 PM
nice call in the 2 mile turf race especially remembering Luke when they hit the wire

andymays
05-03-2009, 08:35 PM
nice call in the 2 mile turf race especially remembering Luke when they hit the wire

Absolutely!

slew101
05-03-2009, 10:02 PM
OMG, that was great. Race 9 at Turf on Sunday for anyone with twinspires.com, check out the call. :ThmbUp:

Frank is awesome with the impressions, even on tough voices. Luke is not easy to copy, or Larry Colmus, and he nails both of them. The Mark Johnson line was perfect in the opening furlong.

I just wish Frank did horse announcers for the 2 miles instead of the TV personalities.

Relwob Owner
05-03-2009, 10:08 PM
OMG, that was great. Race 9 at Turf on Sunday for anyone with twinspires.com, check out the call. :ThmbUp:

Frank is awesome with the impressions, even on tough voices. Luke is not easy to copy, or Larry Colmus, and he nails both of them. The Mark Johnson line was perfect in the opening furlong.

I just wish Frank did horse announcers for the 2 miles instead of the TV personalities.

When he came on TVG as a analyst about a year ago, I wasnt sure, but he grew on me every day.....didnt he do the whole stakes race named after Luke in Luke's voice a few months ago? It was awesome too.....the guy seems all class

JustRalph
05-03-2009, 10:12 PM
https://www.twinspires.com/secure-bin/replay_video/replay_video.cgi?affid=2800&track=TUP&tType=Thoroughbred&race=9&date=05/03/2009

not sure if that link will work or not..........

Damn......he sure had Luke Down.........

beertapper
05-03-2009, 11:34 PM
that made my day.. thanks for sharing.. :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

BombsAway Bob
05-04-2009, 12:33 AM
Besides being an Excellent Announcer, great Impressionist, & expert Pizza critic, Frank Mirahmadi is the ONLY person who has talked about betting odds-on favorites in a Positive manner! When he uses the "warm & fuzzy feeling" describing a wager going from even-money to 4/5 at posttime, I almost begin to understand the psyche of chalkbettors. Frank Rocks! :jump:

BombsAway Bob
05-04-2009, 12:35 AM
Besides being an Excellent Announcer, great Impressionist, & expert Pizza critic, Frank Mirahmadi is the ONLY person who has talked about betting odds-on favorites in a Positive manner! When he uses the "warm & fuzzy feeling" describing a wager going from even-money to 4/5 at posttime, I almost begin to understand the psyche of chalkbettors. Frank Rocks! :jump:
...almost...;)

onefast99
05-04-2009, 09:42 AM
I have had the honor of meeting him thru a former trainer that had worked with him at Hialeah. He did a race call for me with a few past derby winners using impressions of Durkin, Marv Albert, Trevor and Dave Johnson, I wish I had taped it it was hilarious. Thanks again Frank for that call!

Run Nicholas Run
05-04-2009, 10:31 AM
you guys are easily entertained,
I heard the call live and thought overall
it was bad. :ThmbDown:

Call the race, save the act for the nightclub.

BlueShoe
05-04-2009, 10:34 AM
Have not heard anything yet,but assume that Frank will work the California fair circuit again this year,and call several of them.To catch his impressions,listen to the last race of the day,in the past,this is the spot that he usually does them.

jballscalls
05-04-2009, 10:34 AM

Just goes to show, no matter what you do, someone will always love it, and someone will always hate it!

sandpit
05-04-2009, 12:25 PM
How can anyone knock that??? Even if you were great at doing impressions, to do them one after the other and keep it in context of the race is simply amazing. I would love to hear him do the Derby one day.

ALostTexan
05-04-2009, 12:38 PM
Frank spent an hour last fall talking to one of my classes, discussing how he got to where he is today and his love for horse racing. It was fascinating, and I do have alot more respect for him after his talk.

Relwob Owner
05-04-2009, 02:35 PM

Bitter much?

:ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

boomman
05-04-2009, 05:57 PM
I am proud to call Frank a close friend and colleague and it is mind boggling to me that anyone could "hate" on the tremendous talent and passion he exudes for horse racing on an every race day basis. He is indeed coming back to the California Fair circuit and they are very lucky to have him! As for his tribute to Luke, it was a complete class act and has been since Luke's untimely death last summer.....

Boomer

ArlJim78
05-04-2009, 07:33 PM
that was great, Frank seems like a great guy and I love his impressions.

to the guy who didn't care for it, lighten up man, have some fun once in awhile.
out of the tens of thousands of races each year whats the problem with working in some entertainment once in awhile. its not like this was the derby.

Relwob Owner
05-04-2009, 07:59 PM
I am proud to call Frank a close friend and colleague and it is mind boggling to me that anyone could "hate" on the tremendous talent and passion he exudes for horse racing on an every race day basis. He is indeed coming back to the California Fair circuit and they are very lucky to have him! As for his tribute to Luke, it was a complete class act and has been since Luke's untimely death last summer.....

Boomer

Thank you for writing that....since being on the forum, I hadnt seen his name come up much....please pass on to him that I really liked his work on TVG last year. Instead of going over the top trying to fit in right away during his time there, he seemed content to ease way in, be himself and he did a very, very good job(I am not sure if that was his first long stint on TVG).....Anyone not pleased with that call just doesnt get it....

BlueShoe
05-04-2009, 09:29 PM
The last race of the meeting at Turf Paradise,at 1 7/8 miles on the turf,certainly showcased Franks talents.Just would have hoped that the results would have been a bit different.My selection and wager was on the sharp local runner Latino Summer,who tracked the early pace,took over at the top of the lane,and then got nailed by a late deep closer.

KathleenImposter
05-04-2009, 11:30 PM
Loved the Keith Jones and Richard Grunder

Cubbymac26
05-05-2009, 04:31 AM
Frank is strong... I heard the luke tribute call and it was scary similar but the last comment kieth jones at Philly park????? To boring for me it was nice hearing larry lederman calling there while kieth was in recovery from a hockey mishap but in general jones in solid to he was calling acrc last week they should just call it Philly pk at acrc...saddle cloths announcer screen I think I even saw the starting gate going down the ac expressway

jimmy m
05-05-2009, 02:58 PM
Im a huge fan of Frank being a announcer you would think i would dislike the fellow announcers because sometimes your are in compettion for jobs ect but im not, im a huge fan of so many and Frank is one of my faves to do his impressions and to stay with the field is amazing and his tribute to Luke was outstanding.Luke got me into the booth and i will never ever forget him.Besides i could never diss on a guy who can eat pizza seven times a week common.Take care Jimmy

Zippy Chippy
05-10-2009, 07:37 PM
Dont think this was brought up yet. Definitely a must see!

Turf Paradise announcer Frank Mirahmadi, who doubles as comedian and impressionist, delivered a race-call masterpiece Sunday in the $50,000 Hasta La Vista Handicap. He used nearly two dozen voices...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FAFwdIdTac

Shelby
05-10-2009, 08:18 PM
:lol:

Zippy Chippy
05-10-2009, 09:04 PM
:lol:
I can't stop watching it

cj
05-10-2009, 09:06 PM
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57376

PaceAdvantage
05-11-2009, 02:22 AM
I merged the threads, in case anyone thinks something odd is going on...(then again, isn't something odd ALWAYS going on?)

Imriledup
05-11-2009, 03:03 AM
Frank is aces. Great announcer, better human. The game is lucky to have him.

toetoe
05-11-2009, 12:14 PM
PA,

Before the merger explanation, I was planning on a match race between Zippy Chippy and Captain Obvious. WHOWANTSITMORE ?

I LOVE Frank ... and I hate everything. :ThmbUp: .

onefast99
05-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Frank is aces. Great announcer, better human. The game is lucky to have him.
I spoke to one of his former employers over the weekend he told me there are so many entertaining moments from Frank' s calls at Hialeah someone could write a book and sell the movie rights!

BlueShoe
08-15-2009, 06:25 PM
Frank has certainly been a busy man this summer,covering the entire California fair circuit up until now.With Vic choosing to work as an agent,Frank picked up Santa Rosa and has even made his way to tiny Ferndale.Trevor has Fairplex and Wrona the Golden Gate fair meets,but the only fair he might miss is Fresno in early October.Turf Paradise opens just before Fresno,so will assume that he will be in Arizona.As others have stated,he does fine work and always enjoy his calls.

Zman179
08-15-2009, 07:02 PM
That was one helluva race call. Can't recall the last time I heard a veteran announcer run outta breath! :ThmbUp:

Next time bet the :7: to win AND place.

cj's dad
08-15-2009, 07:18 PM
Frank is a class act !!!