PDA

View Full Version : Race 3 Hollywood - Jesus Rios

Tread
05-03-2009, 05:16 PM
This guy just went on my shit list.

Was riding a 10-1 shot that was much the best and would have been an easy winner by any account, but he waits too long to find a hole and decides to make one himself by veering out, causing a chain reaction collision that results in Joel Rosario being dumped and possibly injured.

That move is not going to go over well in jocks room, he put a lot of people in danger with that. Of course, I could have sour grapes since I was all over his mount at 10-1 and he was DQ'd to last after winning easily.

Relwob Owner
05-03-2009, 05:31 PM

Was riding a 10-1 shot that was much the best and would have been an easy winner by any account, but he waits too long to find a hole and decides to make one himself by veering out, causing a chain reaction collision that results in Joel Rosario being dumped and possibly injured.

That move is not going to go over well in jocks room, he put a lot of people in danger with that. Of course, I could have sour grapes since I was all over his mount at 10-1 and he was DQ'd to last after winning easily.

That might have been the most careless ride I have ever seen in my life....looked like he lifted the horse's neck and made the horse go directly into the path of the horses beside him.

Very surprised Ellis was so light on him.....I really like Ellis and he usually is pretty candid but here, he took a much more laid back approach to it....should have made much more of a statement but I guess there are politics there...

Relwob Owner
05-03-2009, 05:32 PM

I think it was Arambula that got dumped, not Rosario.....

Hajck Hillstrom
05-03-2009, 05:41 PM
I think it was Arambula that got dumped, not Rosario.....Yep

DeanT
05-03-2009, 05:54 PM
Kudos to Vic and Hollywood for doing such a good job on explaining inquiries. I am watching the one in the 4th now. I wish all tracks did this good a job. Well done.

MarquisMark
05-03-2009, 07:12 PM
What is the link again that shows the free california race replays? I'd like to watch this one.

v j stauffer
05-04-2009, 12:08 AM
Kudos to Vic and Hollywood for doing such a good job on explaining inquiries. I am watching the one in the 4th now. I wish all tracks did this good a job. Well done.

Our stewards and T V production dept. make things very easy for me. Thanks for the props.

big frank
05-04-2009, 12:32 AM
Our stewards and T V production dept. make things very easy for me. Thanks for the props. Vic , Great to hear your calls again. You are one of the best !

menifee
05-04-2009, 01:12 AM

Usually they do a good job, but I think the first race on 4/26/09 was an exception. It was a 4.5 furlong maiden two year old claimer. They took the 7 down. I disagreed with the call - but I could see how it could go either way. What I don't understand is why the 3 wasn't placed second? I listened to Vic's explanation and it was never explained. The 7 comes out on the 2 who comes out on the 3. They move the 2 up, but did not move the 3 up so it did not make sense to me.

DrunkenHorseplayer
05-04-2009, 01:22 AM
Didn't see the race but the stewards probably felt that, had there been no interference, the 3 wasn't going to beat either the 7 or the 2 anyway so they kept him where he was.