PDA

View Full Version : Preakness 2009

bmac
05-03-2009, 12:02 PM
My wife and I are considering going to the Fri and Sat races. Was hoping the PA members could share thier experiences and suggestions as we have not been before. We would be traveling down from NYC so any suggestions on places to stay/eat, etc would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

miesque
05-03-2009, 12:26 PM
The two places I have stayed when I have gone to the Preakness/Pimlico are the Intercontinental at the Inner Harbour which is pricey but has a prime location on the Inner Harbour and is a comfortable hotel with a decent restaurant. J.Pauls is a nice casual place on the water with good crabcakes and their pretzels are pretty decent as well. The other place I have stayed is the Crowne Plaza Timonium since that is right by the Timonium Fairgrounds where the Fasig Tipton Two Year Old sale takes place the same week as the Preakness. If you stay in Timonium, Michaels is good (but also crowded) and there is an Irish Pub, An Poitin Stil which is great for lots of good beer and the food ain't too bad, I always get the Venison Au Poivre which is pretty decent (granted I love venison but if you aren't into eating Bambi you might not like it).