PDA

View Full Version : Why hasn't anybody asked Borel........

JustRalph
05-03-2009, 01:39 AM
I wonder why nobody has asked Calvin Borel what he said when he turned and wagged his whip at the other riders 50 yards from the wire.......? ???

On that note...........I am not so sure I approve of that move...... :lol:

As long as he doesn't fall off.........I guess it doesn't matter..........

LottaKash
05-03-2009, 03:41 AM
`
It would've been nice if Borel put his teeth in today, considering he was going to get his picture taken......:D

Will Power
05-03-2009, 04:52 AM
thanks

This is the funniest thing I've read on this forum in the last week.

true 2

Tom
05-03-2009, 01:07 PM
`
It would've been nice if Borel put his teeth in today, considering he was going to get his picture taken......:D

Priceless! :D

Jinxed
05-03-2009, 01:14 PM
The poor guy was given a gift when it comes to horseracing, but otherwise he isn't the sharpest crayon in the box, but he sure is likable. I'm not so sure he was waving his whip at the other riders though. He usually is just excited, and he usually gives a big salute to his folks who have passed on. He is one nice guy though.

Greyfox
05-03-2009, 01:18 PM
I wonder why nobody has asked Calvin Borel what he said when he turned and wagged his whip at the other riders 50 yards from the wire.......? ??? .......

It looked as if he was waving "Bye-Bye."
(Or "See yah later alligator" or something to that effect.)

joanied
05-03-2009, 01:23 PM
Whatever it was....must have been:ThmbUp: great...teeth or no teeth, Calvin knows how to work the crowd...and true, he isn't 'the sharpest crayon'...but he gets his piont across with emotion and enthusiasm...he's so lovable :jump:

Pace Cap'n
05-03-2009, 01:26 PM
Calvin Borel "not the sharpest"...and we know this, how?

joanied
05-03-2009, 01:40 PM
Calvin Borel "not the sharpest"...and we know this, how?

Right...and I take back what I posted to Jinxed..."that true, he may not be the sharpest crayon"...we don't know, do we. But, for me...it matters not...I just can't say enough wonderful things about Calvin Borel...I beleive he's an excellent person, and the kind you'd want as a friend.
:)

Jinxed
05-03-2009, 01:41 PM
There isn't a better rider out here then Calvin. I'ts pretty obvious from the way he acts that he isn't the sharpest crayon in the box when it comes to his actions. He is hillarious, likable and I love the guy, but there is definitely a little different about the way he acts and speaks. If you are have a different opinion, that is fine with me. It's just how I feel.

joanied
05-03-2009, 01:48 PM
There isn't a better rider out here then Calvin. I'ts pretty obvious from the way he acts that he isn't the sharpest crayon in the box when it comes to his actions. He is hillarious, likable and I love the guy, but there is definitely a little different about the way he acts and speaks. If you are have a different opinion, that is fine with me. It's just how I feel.

That's fine...everyone can give their opinions...but, as for his actions...I can't see how that has anything to do with being 'sharp'...nothin' better than a person showing his enthusiasm and wearing his emotions on his shirt sleeve...he may not be an elequent speaker...but, hey, who gives a s**t :ThmbUp:

Jinxed
05-03-2009, 01:52 PM
That's fine...everyone can give their opinions...but, as for his actions...I can't see how that has anything to do with being 'sharp'...nothin' better than a person showing his enthusiasm and wearing his emotions on his shirt sleeve...he may not be an elequent speaker...but, hey, who gives a s**t :ThmbUp:
You protest too much. You said Calvin was "not the smartest crayon in the box", and then you turned right around and took it back. Influenced much by other people?

joanied
05-03-2009, 01:58 PM
You protest too much. You said Calvin was "not the smartest crayon in the box", and then you turned right around and took it back. Influenced much by other people?

No....just thought Pace Cap'n made a very good point...I guess I am entitled to change my mind if someone makes a good point about something...and actually, it was you that said it, and I agreed...until I decided to take it back.

Jinxed
05-03-2009, 02:29 PM
You are only as good as your word. If you are going to agree with something, nothing should make you change your mind or influence you. If you merely stated it to be agreeable, then fine. My feelings haven't changed in the least. No problem.

joanied
05-03-2009, 03:34 PM
You are only as good as your word. If you are going to agree with something, nothing should make you change your mind or influence you. If you merely stated it to be agreeable, then fine. My feelings haven't changed in the least. No problem.

Well, you must be a special person because I have never met anyone in my life that didn't change their mind...and that has nothing to do with "being as good as your word"...being as good as your word is when you make a promise or tell someone something you are going to do...and stick by it...changing one's mind is not going back on your word...it's simply just changing your mind :bang:

And if you are happy about your feelings...fine...no problem:)

Jinxed
05-03-2009, 07:21 PM
There is nothing special about me at all. You made a statement on your own, and as soon as someone criticized you, you retracted it. That's changing your mine in a nano-second. Sure I change my mind in betting horses, but I don't state an opinion one minute and back out of it the next. In other words, I don't let anyone on here influence me in the least, and I don't apologize unless someone proves me wrong on something.

newtothegame
05-03-2009, 07:29 PM
Personally, I don't know calvin....But I can tell you being from "cajun" ancestory, I can say that alot of my folks catch grief for not being "sharp crayons" :lol:

But I will tell you this...very fun loving people, who will give you the shirt off of their back in a minute. Some of the most sincere people I have ever met. people who are not so much into political correctness as raw emotions usually guide alot of their decisions. (usually my paw paw took his raw emotions out on my behind) lol. But all in all...really great people. I loved seeing C Borels raw emotion. If I could of would of had him over for Boiled crawfish, a few cold dixie and all the fixins.

Mineshaft
05-03-2009, 08:23 PM
I wonder why nobody has asked Calvin Borel what he said when he turned and wagged his whip at the other riders 50 yards from the wire.......? ???

On that note...........I am not so sure I approve of that move...... :lol:

As long as he doesn't fall off.........I guess it doesn't matter..........

I agree and didnt like it. Showboat after the wire not before it.

Can you imagine someone will fall off before the wire showboating it will happen one day.

menifee
05-03-2009, 08:44 PM

Can you imagine someone will fall off before the wire showboating it will happen one day.

He did not fall off but it cost his horse the race. Check it out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by5GvPtwnN8

Sorry cannot embed.

Jinxed
05-03-2009, 08:53 PM
Personally, I don't know calvin....But I can tell you being from "cajun" ancestory, I can say that alot of my folks catch grief for not being "sharp crayons" :lol:

But I will tell you this...very fun loving people, who will give you the shirt off of their back in a minute. Some of the most sincere people I have ever met. people who are not so much into political correctness as raw emotions usually guide alot of their decisions. (usually my paw paw took his raw emotions out on my behind) lol. But all in all...really great people. I loved seeing C Borels raw emotion. If I could of would of had him over for Boiled crawfish, a few cold dixie and all the fixins.
You said it more eloquently then I could have. I simply meant Borel has little book smarts at all, but that doesn't take away one bit from his riding ability. I wouldn't mind having a few drinks with him myself..but only if he puts his teeth in :) You need your teeth for boiled crawfish, or it's not a pretty site. I have a great friend in the little town of Tickfaw, LA.

OFFandRUNNING10
05-03-2009, 09:10 PM

Remember when it happened to our olympic snowboarder a few years ago... she had the lead well in hand and off the last jump she grabbed her board to do an unecessary trick and wiped out on the landing costing her the gold

i hate showboating and cockyness and whether he intended for it to be or not thats exactly what borel looked like he was doing. absolutely hate it.

newtothegame
05-03-2009, 09:14 PM
You said it more eloquently then I could have. I simply meant Borel has little book smarts at all, but that doesn't take away one bit from his riding ability. I wouldn't mind having a few drinks with him myself..but only if he puts his teeth in :) You need your teeth for boiled crawfish, or it's not a pretty site. I have a great friend in the little town of Tickfaw, LA.

Well I cant speak for how hard it would be with no teeth...except paw paw always did well...:)....
tickfaw is a bit north of us...but yeah, ive been there. Great place for Tubing before Katrina. Ive heard its kind of "dangerous now" with alot of logs and obstacles that were not there pre storm.

Jinxed
05-03-2009, 09:27 PM
The small town of Tickfaw got hit hard by Katrina for sure.

I'm betting your Paw Paw was not gumming his food at 42 though. :)

On one hand Louisiana facinates me, but the swamps and voodoo still practiced around there scares the crap out of me. I also have no interest in gators :)

joanied
05-03-2009, 09:32 PM
There is nothing special about me at all. You made a statement on your own, and as soon as someone criticized you, you retracted it. That's changing your mine in a nano-second. Sure I change my mind in betting horses, but I don't state an opinion one minute and back out of it the next. In other words, I don't let anyone on here influence me in the least, and I don't apologize unless someone proves me wrong on something.

:faint: ...Look, I agreed with your statement ...no one criticized me! Pace Capt'n asked a question..."how could we know how sharp Calvin is"...I thought about that, and changed my damned mind...guess you were counting the seconds...oh, nano-seconds:rolleyes: ...the only time I allow anyone else to influence me, Jinxed, is when I feel that other person(s) has made a good point, a good argument, whatever, and I see fit to change my mind...

newtothegame
05-03-2009, 09:38 PM
The small town of Tickfaw got hit hard by Katrina for sure.

I'm betting your Paw Paw was not gumming his food at 42 though. :)

On one hand Louisiana facinates me, but the swamps and voodoo still practiced around there scares the crap out of me. I also have no interest in gators :)

lol...Louisiana and alot of its history...such as voodoo and alligators scares alot of people due to just not knowing about it. Not too mention our politics have been in the news alot :ThmbDown:
But I can only speak for my little piece of it....I love the weather (although some say too hot for them). I love the food....definitely not bland...:lol:
I love the proximity to the water as I love to fish. Well...guess its easily summed up by saying I have travelled alot and seem to always come back home :)

Jinxed
05-03-2009, 11:02 PM
:faint: ...Look, I agreed with your statement ...no one criticized me! Pace Capt'n asked a question..."how could we know how sharp Calvin is"...I thought about that, and changed my damned mind...guess you were counting the seconds...oh, nano-seconds:rolleyes: ...the only time I allow anyone else to influence me, Jinxed, is when I feel that other person(s) has made a good point, a good argument, whatever, and I see fit to change my mind...

The subject has chaged to Cajun culture. This little tiff was over for me long ago. Never argue with another woman, because we are always right. I would rather argue with the guys:)

JustRalph
05-04-2009, 12:27 AM
I read in an ESPN article that he was pointing at his fiance' in the stands............

joanied
05-04-2009, 12:02 PM
The subject has chaged to Cajun culture. This little tiff was over for me long ago. Never argue with another woman, because we are always right. I would rather argue with the guys:)

I felt I needed to post that last message to you....and I'd rather not argue with anyone.

The End:)