PDA

View Full Version : Software users

penguinfan
04-26-2003, 01:13 PM
Which software programs out there will give you a trial version, any? Looking to buy a new program or two and want to see how they work before dropping the dough. I play 2 tracks Mountaineer and Penn National, yes I know there are reasons not to play these tracsk, but I like them and can hold my own there, anyway if anyone knows software with a trial version or if any of yo programers (or software owners) will run the cards for me tonight and send me full prinouts that you get from your program I would appreciate it, for those of you that bet on baseball I even have something to trade.

Thanks all
Penguinfan

kitts
04-26-2003, 02:07 PM
Some software programs have free demos(Netcapper and RaceTracker and RaceMania and Equisim) come to mind and many have almost demos (Joe Zambuto) and the free ones at BRIS (Allways, Multicaps, etc)and many others offer good and plenty screen shots (like MyHorse1.) However, after all is said and done, your best bet is to buy some that look good (preferably with a refund policy) and also try the freeware because, in software, there is a "feel" thing that is absolutely necessary. If, after using, you feel the software "fits" your style, then it is probably a good one. Then you will find out as I have that even with "good" software, the program is not picking winners, you are.

Speed Figure
04-26-2003, 02:17 PM
You can download Equisim at thorotech.com and use the program for "2 weeks".:eek:

penguinfan
04-26-2003, 03:34 PM
Thanks guys and to those that sent PM's. I'll get to look over a couple tonight it appears. Looking at the screen shots like you suggested kitts is a big help in seeing how the printouts look. And I am not looking for th eelusive black box here, just something that does the math for me :cool:

Penguinfan

Lefty
04-26-2003, 07:43 PM
also the guy at Propace still gives a 30 day trial. Go to Cindy's site and look it up. Also, Terry at Contenders used to give free trial too; think he still does. The good news is all these prgms use the same .50 TSN file.

penguinfan
04-27-2003, 12:03 PM
Used Equism last night at Mountaineer, didn't have much time to play around with it before I had to head to the track, but I took the printouts that I had and ran the simulations, here are the results with it pretty much being used as a "black box":

10 races

Top choice winners 9.00, 5.20, 12.60, 8.60
Second choice winners 8.40, 9.60

If you like to Dutch horses (like I do) then those are pretty nice results just out of the box.

Will try another program next time and let you kow how it turns out.

Penguinfan