PDA

View Full Version : Ok, let's wallow together..How much did you lose?

Oaklawn
05-02-2009, 07:09 PM
Me, roughly $50 bucks in assorted small win bets, exactas, and trifectas. Feel free to post your wins, but I won't believe you! ;)

:8: :8: :8: :8: unbelievable

toussaud
05-02-2009, 07:10 PM
my saving grace was quality road scratched. i had planned to bet a heck of alot but didn't when he scratched. i had a pick but it wasn't as surefire as when he was in the race. so about 100 bucks

cmoore
05-02-2009, 07:16 PM
I didn't have the 8 either...But I tried to find a reason why that 8 won..This is what I came up with..Look at the Broodmare sires mud figure...

http://www.breedingwinners.com/aspspecial/pdfdisplay.asp?filename=racereports/20090502-CD-B.PDF

Hajck Hillstrom
05-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Lost $250 and was photo'd out of a $700 profit on the day with MUSKET MAN finishing 3rd.

My big ticket was a wheel/backwheel :2::3::17: with ALL at a cost of $108. :bang:

WinterTriangle
05-02-2009, 07:25 PM
The 8 had pretty good speed, now that I went back and looked. STalking abilities, too.

But it doesn't account for his brilliant performance. Seeing it from the aerial view, Mine that Bird he threaded thru the other horses like they were standing still, and didn't even look like it was an effort.

I can't complain, between RA's win yesterday by 20 lengths, the deluge today at CHD, and Mine that Bird winning like he did, I'd say I more than enjoyed the little bit of money I spent on *entertainment*.

Then, my brother, who I haven't talked to in ages calls and says: "you played him, right? Our last name begins with BIRD and your dog's name is Calvin.":bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Hey bro, why didn't you remind me of this BEFORE THE RACE????? It never even occured to me to play the superstition pick. :lol:

OTM Al
05-02-2009, 08:06 PM
My wife's daughter asked me to put $2 on him because we had a cockatiel named Calvin who died last year at the ripe age of 22. Thank god I actually made the bet for her as that would have taken the losses up to $500 on the day....grrrrrrrr

deathandgravity
05-02-2009, 08:17 PM
$320 Pick 4 alive to: FF, Dunkirk, GQ, P of the Nile & Regal Ransom.

Saving grace: $2 Oaks/Derby Double: Rachel Alexandra/All

JustRalph
05-02-2009, 08:22 PM

nice call on the double :ThmbUp:

Oaklawn
05-02-2009, 08:23 PM

What did the double pay?

Oaklawn
05-02-2009, 08:24 PM
I didn't have the 8 either...But I tried to find a reason why that 8 won..This is what I came up with..Look at the Broodmare sires mud figure...

http://www.breedingwinners.com/aspspecial/pdfdisplay.asp?filename=racereports/20090502-CD-B.PDF

I looked at the Tomlinson ratings for a wet track and he was middle of the pack. Dunkirk was one of the highest along with General Quarters.

soupman2
05-02-2009, 08:28 PM
I played my kids birthdays in$1 exacta boxes...I bet 8-12 and 8-16 and many other number bets...when I ever saw the exacta I was thrilled (understated)...I was just messing around after I Want Revenge was scratched. I didn't have any idea on the race. I bet 5-6-7 and a few other, but the crazy bet came through! Yahoo! Other than that silly bet, I was losing big time for the day.

deathandgravity
05-02-2009, 08:28 PM
$239.60

Not sure if that includes alt pay-out for I Want Revenge scratch?

GaryG
05-02-2009, 08:31 PM
I will get my wife's rings out of hock the next time I hit a good one.....promise.

Vinnie
05-02-2009, 08:36 PM
I had the 16 w/ the 2-7 and 11 as a saver as a Trifecta wager just in case Pioneer took well to the dirt (SLOP). WOW!! Who who would have ever guessed that in a million years #8 Mine that Bird would have showed such a tremendous turn of foot. God Bless him. If it weren't for him I had it nailed dead on.... I don't think that those horses even knew what hit them with him storming up the rail from way off like that. What a tremendous turn of foot he displayed. (Those were the next 4 in a row!!) Once again, WOW!!! I guess that is why three year olds are capable of coming up huge or they can falter from where you may expect. Twenty one hours in a trailer ride from New Mexico to Louisville. You have to give he and his connections their props.

All the BEST!

Vinnie :)

MrHotStuff
05-02-2009, 08:54 PM
i bought about 500.00 worth of tickets. I did many combinations of the Tri and exacta's. The one thing i made sure to do was Box all the favoites with 'All" on exacta's. Not knowing what longshot might come in. I thought it would be WSB, MHS, maybe even Advise or Summer Bird.

So I have the exacta for 1$ Bling Bling

JPinMaryland
05-02-2009, 08:59 PM
Really only lost $70 and today is maybe the last time I ever play this goofy game. I wanted to go in on a trifecta with my buddy but due to the off track and no clear favorite I had to tell him there is no way I can recommend a trifecta that costs less than $100. So went with a $2 exacta w/ the 2, 5, 6, 7, 16 and 19. Than a $10 saver bet on the longshot special Summer Bird.

I see Hjack also fingered Summer Bird as he was moving fast of late in the Ark Derby. Might be one of those that looks to come in sec. but he was worth a shot at 41-1 or whatever. he actually came in 6th.

The exacta bet seems justified as I look at the final results, just didnt see the 8.

What happened to Friesan Fire? Something wrong here.?

How many horses have ever come out of the Sunland derby to win this? None I am sure. Or how many have ever finished 4th in their last race to win this?

Geez what a day...I swear I quit.

MrHotStuff
05-02-2009, 09:27 PM
My Proof ! Just for those doubters... http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g185/pipe-light/2009newproducts.jpg

Plus $500.00 for breeders Cup. I don't think i will waste money on pimlico. Always Chalk...

:cool:

jefftune
05-02-2009, 09:30 PM
I bet in advance on Friday and most of my bets included I Want Revenge so I didn't lose much at all. Gee, was Borel the only jock to figure out that the rail was the place to be the past two days. :bang:

Jinxed
05-02-2009, 09:36 PM
I bet $5.00 on all the real longshots, and it had nothing to do with handicapping really. I made $250 some dollars on the bet on the 8. It won't happen again though. It was just the right kind of track for him, right rider that goes to the rail, and great luck. I only won by accident actually. I did that the year Charasmatic won also, so I know the longshots can come in. I probably spent about $60.00.

cmoore
05-03-2009, 12:12 AM
I bet in advance on Friday and most of my bets included I Want Revenge so I didn't lose much at all. Gee, was Borel the only jock to figure out that the rail was the place to be the past two days. :bang:

I thought the same thing yesterday and didn't even think for a second of betting him..:bang:I had a pick 3 and DD alive going into the Derby with the 2,3,6..I was already down for the day so I just watched the race hoping I hit those bets..The 2 ran a good race..

The more I watch Calvin..That guy has no fear and believes he can win no matter who he's riding..Did you hear him after the race when he said "Did you see me ride that horse" while slapping hands with everyone..I love it when the underdog wins it..I had 2 bombers in the race but the wrong two..

newtothegame
05-03-2009, 12:46 AM
lost 108........plus food...drinks...although I must say its hard to put a price on a good time. And a day spent with friends all looking at each other in AWE as BIRD crosses the wire...PRICELESS :lol:

Richard
05-03-2009, 08:18 AM
I guess I lucked out.Only lost $5 on Advice

bugboy
05-03-2009, 10:26 AM
she had 10.00 across the board on the bird!!! she only plays the 3 big races. doesn't know diddly 'bout capping.
"The more you know,,,,,The less you know"
frank

andymays
05-03-2009, 10:33 AM
I had a future bet on I Want Revenge so when I woke up and saw that he was scratched I knew I shouldn't play anything.

Of course I played anyway and lost my butt and then some!

salty
05-03-2009, 11:53 AM
I had the wrong bird :bang:

$1 exacta
17 / all
all / 17

so only out 40 bucks

I can't believe I didn't think about playing the other bird. My whole reasoning for going with summer bird was because of his good effort and his sire. I don't know how i overlooked borel onboard Mine that bird and smart strike :faint: .

oh well

Cat Thief
05-03-2009, 12:29 PM
I was not so sure of things so I decided to spend only $35. Never won a cent in the derby but bet(I think it was race 8) Tizaqueena to win and she won but I only bet $2 so I ended up $10 in the hole, no bad at all. I did have MM, PON, FF, GQ in my tri

bishlap
05-03-2009, 12:44 PM
$30 - a $1 tri box - 2-6-11-12... and three $1 straight ex's 2w/6-11-12, and 6w/ 2-11-12. Hey, I didn't want to tilt the odds too much.

A. Pineda
05-03-2009, 12:54 PM
I had the wrong bird :bang:

I can't believe I didn't think about playing the other bird. My whole reasoning for going with summer bird was because of his good effort and his sire. I don't know how i overlooked borel onboard Mine that bird and smart strike :faint: .

oh well

After keying POTN in the exotics, I looked for a LS play, and also landed on SB. I had scored nicely with the sire and grandsire, and liked the way SB finished in his last race.

As for the other Bird, his recent Beyers were terrible, and I had lost a ton of money betting on Canadian champions and their offspring, and I had no intention of continuing that losing streak.

Although my ADW bankroll took a pretty good hit, I was applauding Calvin along with most of the fans trackside at CD.

JBmadera
05-03-2009, 01:20 PM
let's see: didn't cash a single tix at CD, came in last place in the HTR contest, only tix I did cash was at Northlands for about $6.00....down about $325, and banished to yard work all day.....:ThmbDown:

Nets
05-03-2009, 11:46 PM
Hit the first race at CD and thought "this is gonna be my day" Only hit one small winner the rest of the day. Lost about 100, 50 of it on the derby.

kenwoodallpromos
05-04-2009, 04:50 AM
My mom-in-law won on Giacomo, bet 15 that day; I bet 17 @ $34.00 and hit on the winner. I love big fields when there is rain (even when it is dry!).

brdman12
05-04-2009, 09:54 AM
We went to Arlington Racecourse for the day. Hit 3 exactas, was up $150- minus food and drinks, spent $90 on the Derby, all over Dunkirk, and will only treat the Derby as just another race, its gotten too difficult for me. We have birds at home, ..my wife put $2 across on each Bird horse, she's still chirpping!...

Mineshaft
05-04-2009, 10:24 AM
Lost $400

Had a 8 horse trifect box with 2-5-6-10-11-16-17-19 Cost $336

Also had some win bets that didnt hit

CBedo
05-04-2009, 11:29 AM
I had a Derby party with about 30 people, as I do every year, with mostly small bettors. I have people betting their birthdays, some betting one way five dollar supers, show bets on 5 horses, & all kinds of other strange bets. We also put in a group trifecta that was just under $400. In total, I put in about $800 in bets online, and for the first time that I can remember, not one person cashed a ticket. I think I was the only one who even had an 8 on any ticket.

Personally, I lost my $30 in the group bet, and then lost $15 to win on Regal Ransom, and $2 in exacta bets (with Mine that Bird underneath, grrr).

As usual (last year was exception), I never bet much on the derby, and just hope that it sets up future bets. Nothing would be better for me than to have Mine that Bird somehow win the Preakness. I'd be licking my chops, waiting for the Belmont.

Watcher
05-05-2009, 12:54 AM
-$540 on a large trifecta bet. Oh well!

Cubbymac26
05-05-2009, 03:47 AM
I can't believe nobody tried to get cute like me and drill one of the "big 3" to show I put 400 to show on FF looking for the 5.40 to show I
Also made some ex plays 5,6/256710,11,12,14,15,16,19 also.backwheeling the 11 seeing he was getting more play then usual and put 50 win 19 thinking I had a freeroll with the show bet as they hit the far turn I was counting my cash ff right there 19 there kent sitting on the 5 and the 11 in the mix but as soon as they hit the lane I had zero action........ Only possible way to have the ex or tri Imo is to wheel potn it would have cost 1000 to do that potn all all...all potn all... All all potn

Cat Thief
05-05-2009, 03:13 PM
Because of the track condition I took it easy. I had FF, PC, MM and PON in various tris and ex's at a cost of $30. But I bet $2 on ShesaQueena to win and she did and paid $20 so I lost $10. Cheap day, lots of thrills.

magwell
05-05-2009, 04:09 PM
Was between iwr and pon...... never was going to use ff or dunkirk. when iwr was out, I keyed pon with 5 price horses in ex and tri ......Only thing I got was the satisfaction that I was right taken a stand against a "sore" ff and a "hit the wall" dunkirk. Sometimes you can be so smart and still cant get lucky.....would have had to go 14 deep to get mtb in my plays ....thats why they call it "HORSE RACING". LOL at myself....:D